Alan Pardew

JH

dunno like, we hit the woodwork without just lumping it forward ? agreed we were far to predicatable in the 2nd half

You might get a signed shirt for hitting the woodwork at half time but you get nowt for that during the game.  We did have a better first half but we still didn't score and I would have liked to have seen changes for the start of the second half.

at the end of the first half, bacause of the way we played i thought it was a matter of time. more a matter of bad luck in the first half, we dominated, created chances etc. withing 5mins of the restart you could see the difference. that difference was never addressed.

Guest Heneage

It really does seem like Pardew doesn't get the lickings of a dog from some people here.

Half way into the season and if I'm not wrong we'll be 7th by Christmas. Supposedly all the good signings are Carr's idea, all the bad ones are Pardew's.

I think the transfer policy is a joint effort from all parties, because we've seen instances in which players (Cabaye was one) have said the manager has told them exactly how they are to be utilized within our squad.

If I'm honest, I don't think our squad and our team has fully evolved yet. There are still players in it that Pardew doesn't trust and doesn't want. Players like Perch, Lovenkrands, Smith. When those players leave, and we replace them I think we'll begin to see the finished product. For all the unity we've had we still do have players settling into this league. Cabaye has been great but he's still half a season into a new league, Obertan is finally playing consistent first team football, Ben Arfa has played less than a dozen games in English football, Santon less than half a dozen.

I don't know what it is about football these days but there is such a disposable nature with managers, and I don't understand why. The best managers are those that are allowed to imprint their ideology onto the players and the club with whom are employed by. I think we've got one of the best setups in the league right now, in terms of finding players and doing so within tight budgetary constraints.

On top of that we have a manager who in my opinion seems a solid motivator, a good organizer with potential to grow as a manager.

It really does seem like Pardew doesn't get the lickings of a dog from some people here.

Half way into the season and if I'm not wrong we'll be 7th by Christmas. Supposedly all the good signings are Carr's idea, all the bad ones are Pardew's.

I think the transfer policy is a joint effort from all parties, because we've seen instances in which players (Cabaye was one) have said the manager has told them exactly how they are to be utilized within our squad.

If I'm honest, I don't think our squad and our team has fully evolved yet. There are still players in it that Pardew doesn't trust and doesn't want. Players like Perch, Lovenkrands, Smith. When those players leave, and we replace them I think we'll begin to see the finished product. For all the unity we've had we still do have players settling into this league. Cabaye has been great but he's still half a season into a new league, Obertan is finally playing consistent first team football, Ben Arfa has played less than a dozen games in English football, Santon less than half a dozen.

I don't know what it is about football these days but there is such a disposable nature with managers, and I don't understand why. The best managers are those that are allowed to imprint their ideology onto the players and the club with whom are employed by. I think we've got one of the best setups in the league right now, in terms of finding players and doing so within tight budgetary constraints.

On top of that we have a manager who in my opinion seems a solid motivator, a good organizer with potential to grow as a manager.

If we finish 7th at the end of the season I'm sure Pardew will be applauded for that, being 7th now gets you as much as being 3rd a few weeks ago, nothing.  Pardew doesn't have to play Perch, Lovenkrands or Smith but he does that by choice, nobody forces him into playing them as far as I'm aware.

Obertan finally playing consistent first team football is part of the problem, he's doing nothing to justify his place in the team.

Has anybody called for Pardew to be sacked?  They possibly have but I can't remember seeing anybody calling for his head.

I suggest people complaining about the criticism take a look at the poll on this thread. Virtually everyone feels Pardew has done a fine job overall so far. Doesn't make him immune from criticism, and to be frank I find the 'gawd what an overreaction' and 'omg sack him lol' pisstake posts every bit as annoying as anyone saying they felt he got things wrong. Nobody that I've seen has called for Pardew's head and of course not because that would be ridiculous.

There's regularly a load of 'wow you're so negative, stop whinging, we're not going to sell our best players, we're as good as Liverpool' type of reactions on here whenever anyone predicts anything bad for the club. Well if we're as good a team as that, and Pardew is as good a manager as that, then we would surely expect to beat Swansea at home, there's a problem if we don't and therefore criticism is to be expected. Make your mind up.

Yes.

Imo the last 7 years have been full of whinging and complaining (at times rightfully so) that some fans have forgotten what is like to support a manager. I find the complaints at Pardew very small petty points, the bloke isn't going to be 100% right with everything he does and he isn't going to do everything each one of us wants to see.

Even when we play well, we play alright, still somewhere someone says "why didn't you bring such and such on you cunt" "why did he start you cockney cunt"

The ground seemed split at full time today.

25% booed. 25% clapped and showed respect. 25% did nothing. 25% fucked off for the first metro.

As much as the decision to leave Ben Arfa out against two promoted sides looks like a fucking terrible one right now, we did enough to win today without him - just seemed like one of those days to me. We've been spoilt this year with us winning the games we 'should' win (Norwich excepted due to the CB problem) and there are going to be days when it just doesn't go in.

If we don't beat West Brom then I'll maybe start to worry a bit.

As much as the decision to leave Ben Arfa out against two promoted sides looks like a fucking terrible one right now, we did enough to win today without him - just seemed like one of those days to me. We've been spoilt this year with us winning the games we 'should' win (Norwich excepted due to the CB problem) and there are going to be days when it just doesn't go in.

I won't be worried at all, but it'll be a shite result and the manager will likely get some criticism from me. Feeling spoilt because we've won games against mediocre teams with mediocre players (like most of the league :lol:) seems a bit weird to me. We've got a good nucleus of players here at present who all seem to want to work for Pardew and we've been getting the rewards. The better you do, the higher the expectations. Comes with the territory.

As much as the decision to leave Ben Arfa out against two promoted sides looks like a f***ing terrible one right now, we did enough to win today without him - just seemed like one of those days to me. We've been spoilt this year with us winning the games we 'should' win (Norwich excepted due to the CB problem) and there are going to be days when it just doesn't go in.

No, we didn't do enough, fact.

I think he has lost a little bit of bottle, was being brave whilst we were winning but our current form and suffering the injuries we have has made him rethink his tactics a little.

Ok today was difficult as they came looking for a point but that became obvious pretty quickly and he should have changed it sooner by introducing HBA for Obertan and pushing Cabaye further forward.

Something needed to be done, he did it too late, and he got his subs wrong, and a big reason we lost two points imo. Hopefully he'll learn from it. First thing to do would be getting Obertan the fuck out of the team for now.

Something needed to be done, he did it too late, and he got his subs wrong, and a big reason we lost two points imo. Hopefully he'll learn from it. First thing to do would be getting Obertan the fuck out of the team for now.

Think he'll definitely persist with Obertan, especially given he wasn't completely useless yesterday. Similar to the Ryan Taylor situation, it might take his hand being forced before we see a definitive change.

Think he'll definitely persist with Obertan, especially given he wasn't completely useless yesterday. Similar to the Ryan Taylor situation, it might take his hand being forced before we see a definitive change.

If he carries on picking Obertan who is not producing then he's only got himself to blame if he's getting stick.  I haven't written Obertan off, I just think he's got a lot to do before he's worthy of his place.  My only hope for now is that Ryan Taylor doesn't walk back into the team as soon as he's fit.

Something needed to be done, he did it too late, and he got his subs wrong, and a big reason we lost two points imo. Hopefully he'll learn from it. First thing to do would be getting Obertan the f*** out of the team for now.

Yeah i know, and it's so frustrating. We dont have even ONE player out wide who can deliver a quality ball in to our strikers, not even one, weather that is a low pass or a cross or a through ball, the quality just isn't there simply put.

People can argue whatever they want about my point, Jonas can't do it, Obertan can't do it, Simpson can't do it, Raylor can but he'd always have to get the ball to his right, and he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team.

That's 4/4 positions where we've had players who can't deliver a ball with quality (i dont mean a two yard simple pass)

Santon from what ive seen can do it.

Please dont mention that Jonas ball has improved, yes it might have, but to be brutally honest with ourselves it's still quite shit.

Yeah i know, and it's so frustrating. We dont have even ONE player out wide who can deliver a quality ball in to our strikers, not even one, weather that is a low pass or a cross or a through ball, the quality just isn't there simply put.

People can argue whatever they want about my point, Jonas can't do it, Obertan can't do it, Simpson can't do it, Raylor can but he'd always have to get the ball to his right, and he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team.

That's 4/4 positions where we've had players who can't deliver a ball with quality (i dont mean a two yard simple pass)

Please dont mention that Jonas ball has improved, yes it might have, but to be brutally honest with ourselves it's still quite s***.

Simpson put at least 2 quality balls into the box, the problem was that Swansea flooded the box.

Please dont mention that Jonas ball has improved, yes it might have, but to be brutally honest with ourselves it's still quite s***.

Simpson put at least 2 quality balls into the box, the problem was that Swansea flooded the box.

That makes Simpson a quality deliverer of the ball?

If we don't buy a decent leftback in the upcoming transfer window we really need to give Ferguson more minutes on the pitch, for that exact reason.

Honestly don't think Simo's that bad that he needs to be replaced by Santon and another left back brough in tbh. How many full backs are that involved in delivering fantastic balls, game in, game out? Particularly for the standard of team that we currently are?