Alan Pardew

JH

The thing he learn is we are not a really strong team and we shouldn't play like man utd to dictate the game and play a high line defense.

There is a reason why we play that negative but get the three points today.

that meeting was obviously dreamed up in pards imagination, because for 60 mins we played the same shit we been playing for the last three games,  bang the ball long to the frontline.

the amount of times colo launched the ball and it ended up to a bolton defender or worse to their goalie, too many times,

who the fukk tells him to do that anyway?

Would like to think he'll learn his lesson but I'm not holding out any hope. That's not the first time this season Ben Arfa's made us look a better team, it's just the first time he's scored.

Won't be surprised at all if he's on the bench again vs Liverpool

I think the defensive line not being so high was a big factor.

contrary to popular belief we didn't play a high defensive line against WBA, we got caught on the break when the defensive line was exactly where it should be to avaoid a huge gap between midfield and defence and also so the defenders can be involved in play or at least be a passing option.

the big factor was that on the night, WBA were a much better team than bolton were today.

:thup: makes a big difference on when you bring HBA to chase the game vs a level match

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

'We had a meeting this week where I showed them what we've been good at and what we're not good at' = more long ball. :lol:

Must have been a short meeting :laugh:

The "meeting" was the half time team talk because in that first half it was indeed the same shit as the last few games.

'We had a meeting this week where I showed them what we've been good at and what we're not good at' = more long ball. :lol:

Must have been a short meeting :laugh:

The "meeting" was the half time team talk because in that first half it was indeed the same shit as the last few games.

Pardew lying? ???

Guest Roger Kint

30 points by the turn of the year - exceptional!

Superb, we've had a blinder this season.

Surprised to read we had 8 less in the relegation season at this stage, you always think it would have been a lot more given how well its been this year.

Can only echo what others have said. Still playing some clueless, hoof ball for long spells. Not a coincidence that Jonas and Cabaye have been a lot quieter recently, Tiote too, but that might be down to the injury TBF.

Best is clearly lacking confidence and looks so lost, he actually looks depressed! If it is the same lineup and tactics against Liverpool we will get humped. Long ball up to Cahill and Knight was such a joke. Not going to get much change out of Agger and Skrtel playing like that either! Even if Ben Arfa starts, the worrying thing is we still play it long and that doesn't suit Ba at all.

Still, 30 points already is a great return. Just a bit unsure why we were seemingly moving away from a direct style, but now we are back to playing that way every week.

Pards saying we have sent out a warning to all clubs we won't be accepting any of the late deal stuff IE the Carroll deal.

Not a we are not selling just a we won't sell late in the window.

Haha, really? :lol: :lol:

Here guys, we're not selling anyone this year. So don't even think about making offers. We mean it. Honest.

With regards to the direct style we've been deploying recently - at home, am I not the only one that thinks the crowd are a problem with regards to this? As let's be honest, a lot of the crowd that go to matches, generally aren't the most clued up when it comes to football. They're the type of people that would read Zonal Marking and think it's a load of shite.

As how many times do you want our players to just keep possession ticking over, and when we start to do this, you do tend to get a lot of people hurling abuse at our players just to get rid and lump it long.

I'm not saying the players should follow suit and do this, but it certainly doesn't help the situation when we're playing at home.

With regards to the direct style we've been deploying recently - at home, am I not the only one that thinks the crowd are a problem with regards to this? As let's be honest, a lot of the crowd that go to matches, generally aren't the most clued up when it comes to football. They're the type of people that would read Zonal Marking and think it's a load of shite.

As how many times do you want our players to just keep possession ticking over, and when we start to do this, you do tend to get a lot of people hurling abuse at our players just to get rid and lump it long.

I'm not saying the players should follow suit and do this, but it certainly doesn't help the situation when we're playing at home.

Have to admit it annoys me sometimes when there are audible groans around the stadium should we pass it backwards. Er, I'd rather keep possession thanks.

Yeah. It was like that against Fulham early this season when we kept possession for 5 minutes straight without putting in a cross. The crowd got restless and some idiot just lumped the ball up and conceded possession. Hopefully this changes because being a team that can keep possession is pretty much the only way we'll be a consistently good team; counter-attacking will only get us so far.

Guest Roger Kint

Have to admit it annoys me sometimes when there are audible groans around the stadium should we pass it backwards. Er, I'd rather keep possession thanks.

Agree with both of you there, plus the endless 'Shoooooot!!!' whenever Tiote has it within 40 yards of goal followed by groans when it misses by a mile.