Alan Pardew

JH

I doubt that decision was taken 12 days ago myself. Outside of that, there really isnt much of a solid argument for spending lots on a striker at this point. Scoring goals has not been our issue this season & Ben Arfa hasnt even been given a go yet. Outside of that Best was part of a partnership that got us up to 3rd regardless of current form.

I dont see them seeing this as the place they need to spend & i dont much blame them.

15 days ago Maiga had a medical with us, 12 days ago it was announced that the transfer was off because of a failed medical.  Best was the non-scoring portion of the partnership that got us to 3rd.

Best is the reason for much of Ba's earlier form. He either directly or indirectly assisted many of his goals.

Really?

Pardew fears Newcastle remain vulnerable to another megabucks bid for the likes of Ba, Cheik Tiote or Yohan Cabaye.

He added: "You can say you don't want any last-minute business but you're just as vulnerable in this latest transfer window to a sovereign state coming in and giving you an oil well.

"Every Premier League manager is — apart from Roberto Mancini at Manchester City."

:knuppel2:

“The Andy Carroll sale did us no favours, so we will not be accepting that last-minute stuff any more,” said the Newcastle manager, whose side will face Carroll, along with fellow former Toon stars Jose Enrique and Craig Bellamy, at Anfield tomorrow night.

“But as much as you can say you don’t want last-minute business, you are still vulnerable to a sovereign state coming in and giving you an oil well!

“So I’m never going to say never.

“The point we are making is that if you are wanting to do business with us, then give us a chance. That’s basically the message we are giving.”

:lol:

“The Andy Carroll sale did us no favours, so we will not be accepting that last-minute stuff any more,” said the Newcastle manager, whose side will face Carroll, along with fellow former Toon stars Jose Enrique and Craig Bellamy, at Anfield tomorrow night.

“But as much as you can say you don’t want last-minute business, you are still vulnerable to a sovereign state coming in and giving you an oil well!

“The point we are making is that if you are wanting to do business with us, then give us a chance. That’s basically the message we are giving.”

Sorry but that is a crock of shit.

Whilst I sort of appreciate the honesty, this reeks of an invitation for other clubs to put in offers. It's times like this that I absolutely hate Pardew. Ya maybe his hands are tied by the fat regime but he could at least try harder to keep our core. If we can keep Tiote, Cabaye, Colo (with a new contract), Ba and get a defender plus a striker (even on loan), I will already consider our transfer window a moderate success, that's how low my expectations have become!

message is pretty clear sadly "open for business"  :(

What a fucking stupid thing to say, we didn't HAVE to accept the Carroll bid, it's pathetic. Makes it sound like we want clubs to do us a favour by bidding for players, wankers.

fairly sure if we pulled out on mediacal grounds they could take legal action if they could prove we were lying.

I've heard it all now like, dear god, no wonder they can do and say anything.

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew would jump at the chance to take Kop flop Andy Carroll back to Tyneside.

Carroll, 22, has hit just five goals since his £35m move to Liverpool nearly a year ago, while replacement Demba Ba has 14 league goals for the Geordies this season alone.

But Pardew still has faith in his Toon old boy.

He said: "You never want to lose great players and we never wanted to lose Andy. I'd take him back if I had the chance.

"If the fee offered by Liverpool had not been so high, he'd still be here."

Nice confidence booster for Andy hearing his old boss saying he'd jump at the chance to take him back. I think I'd have preferred it if he'd not said it tbh.

message is pretty clear sadly "open for business"  :(

Horrific quotes from Pardew. If that's all you've got to say, better say nothing FFS.

What a f***ing stupid thing to say, we didn't HAVE to accept the Carroll bid, it's pathetic. Makes it sound like we want clubs to do us a favour by bidding for players, wankers.

Still can't believe there is people around who think we didn't have to accept the bid for Carroll.

£35m for a crock of shite, fucking hell, I would have driven him there myself for £10m.

irrelevant, we didn't have to, it was our decision. it looks like it was the right one, but there was still a decision to be made.

Still can't believe there is people around who think we didn't have to accept the bid for Carroll.

£35m for a crock of shite, fucking hell, I would have driven him there myself for £10m.

irrelevant, we didn't have to, it was our decision. it looks like it was the right one, but there was still a decision to be made.

Yes, like there is a decision to be made if someone offers you a million pounds for one of your toenail clippings.