Alan Pardew

JH

Hope he gets lucky today, because once again his team selection is absolute bollocks.

The absence of one player makes it bollocks?

Its not only today though. And yes its absolute bollocks that he is benched after having scored twice and having an assist in his last 4 games where 3 were cameos.   

Hope he gets lucky today, because once again his team selection is absolute bollocks.

If we win well it won't be luck, I'd have picked Ben Arfa but we do have other players.

Aye we do, but where will the goals come from? 2 out of form strikers? Best and Shola REALLY have to turn it around today.

Pledges to deliver edge-of-your-seat football.

Plays Ryan Taylor ahead of Ben Arfa at home to winless in 457 QPR.

[/scumbag Pardew]

:lol:

However, it's not as though we've never won or played well without Ben Arfa - I like the player but the constant doom-mongering and hair-pulling out is ridiculous on here. There's plenty of reasons why Ben Arfa should and shouldn't be in the team, ultimately, Pardew is judged on results. Ben Arfa scored a cracking goal last week but by eye-witness accounts, he had a poor first half before waking up on the wing in the second half - maybe the other players don't trust him enough to win the ball back once he's lost it? Either way, in Pardew we trust.

Pledges to deliver edge-of-your-seat football.

Plays Ryan Taylor ahead of Ben Arfa at home to winless in 457 QPR.

[/scumbag Pardew]

:lol:

However, it's not as though we've never won or played well without Ben Arfa - I like the player but the constant doom-mongering and hair-pulling out is ridiculous on here. There's plenty of reasons why Ben Arfa should and shouldn't be in the team, ultimately, Pardew is judged on results. Ben Arfa scored a cracking goal last week but by eye-witness accounts, he had a poor first half before waking up on the wing in the second half - maybe the other players don't trust him enough to win the ball back once he's lost it? Either way, in Pardew we trust.

I think the exasperation stems from not utilising what we have to best effect. Especially when something special is so eminently reachable - in terms of where the team could be. (ie. it's not a resource issue, or something beyond our means).

If you repeat that same mistake (ie. not phasing Ben Arfa into a starting berth) over and over, it begins to look like a familiar story to me. [We did the same with Santon, and it cost us massively during December IMO]. You don't have to wait until something breaks entirely before you make amendments. It's brave management to make changes before you're forced to, but Pardew doesn't seem to have that valour /astuteness in his arsenal. (eg. He waits until Obertan gets injured before he drops him).

Bit disappointing, that's all.

That's really badly written. I'll edit it later.

There's plenty of reasons why Ben Arfa should and shouldn't be in the team,

to be honest, there really aren't that many Stu, especially for a home game against an average to poor team like QPR

still least he didn't singlehandledly win the game vs chelsea so maybe pards is right? ???

Fuck knows what has happened to Alan like. Are we playing 4-2-4 or something? :lol:

It just seems weird how he's so reluctant to play Ben Arfa, Cabaye gets injure and the safest thing to do was bring on Abeid or Vuckic but he's made a pretty radical change. I'm not complaining like.

Guest Howaythetoon

Our tactics are fucking awful and Pardew is starting to piss me off with this and his fucking poor team selections. You're kidding no-one Alan, just stick to the simples.

He deserves some credit for going with Ben Arfa and switching the formation rather than the easy change with Abeid or Gosling. Hope we destroy them in the second half.

Agree. Would have agreed with Pardew if he had brought a 'real' CM on instead of Ben Arfa.

When was the last time we went 4-3-3 for any decent length of time?

Someone's just asked me if it was Owen in behind Viduka and Martins.

Can't bring myself to praise a guy for these changes as they were forced on him. If Cabaye was still on we'd probably looking at 0-1 deficit right now with what was our 'set  up'.

As someone said above, he had other options to bring on instead of Ben Arfa, those would have been in their natural position too.

So basically, that post is a load of shit.

Can't bring myself to praise a guy for these changes as they were forced on him. If Cabaye was still on we'd probably looking at 0-1 deficit right now with what was our 'set  up'.

As someone said above, he had other options to bring on instead of Ben Arfa, those would have been in their natural position too.

So basically, that post is a load of s***.

You're just f**ked off Obertan didn't get on.

I can't be f**king bothered with you, actually.

So basically, that post is a load of s***.

You're just f**ked off Obertan didn't get on.

I can't be f**king bothered with you, actually.

Makes as much sense as your first post :)

Two big men up front didn't look very good despite the result. It was only when we started to get the ball down we took a control of the game, in the first half when we were hoofing it we looked awful.