Alan Pardew

JH

If we sign a good centre back I really think we are only a couple more players away from having a very, very good squad.

Forster

Elliot

Krul

Tavernier                                Kadar      Raylor

Simpson          Williamson      Jan CB    Ferguson

New                Taylor                Colo      Santon

Obertan                      Gosling                      Sammyeobi

NEW              Abeid      Guthrie                    Marveaux

HBA              Cabaye    Cheick Ismael Tioté    Jonas

Vuckic      Shola

Best      NEW

Ba      Cisse       

There's no way we are gonna get another striker man and nor should we. I'm quite happy with Best as our no 3. The thing is a squad can always be improved and as fans we are always asking for more, it just never ends. Get a CB and nobody out and we're good to sustain a top 6/7 challenge this season.

If we sign a good centre back I really think we are only a couple more players away from having a very, very good squad.

Forster

Elliot

Krul

Tavernier                                Kadar      Raylor

Simpson          Williamson      Jan CB    Ferguson

New                Taylor                Colo      Santon

Obertan                      Gosling                      Sammyeobi

NEW              Abeid      Guthrie                    Marveaux

HBA              Cabaye    Cheick Ismael Tioté    Jonas

Vuckic      Shola

Best      NEW

Ba      Cisse       

There's no way we are gonna get another striker man and nor should we. I'm quite happy with Best as our no 3. The thing is a squad can always be improved and as fans we are always asking for more, it just never ends. Get a CB and nobody out and we're good to sustain a top 6/7 challenge this season.

Aye, I'd rather we promote one of our reserve strikers or buy a youngster from one of the lower leagues.

Guest magpie99

sure his interview today mentioned he was still interested in a centre half and it was down to the players club.

:thup: We definitely need one.

Sounds like he is waiting to hear back from West Ham regarding an improved offer for Tomkins

Pardew on Steven Taylor (Soccer AM this morning):

"I like him best when he's in a football strip to be honest. When he's on TV, and talking about football, I don't have a great deal of time for him!"

:lol:

It was said as a joke before anyone kicks off  :lol:

:D  The man has a way with words.

Pardew on Steven Taylor (Soccer AM this morning):

"I like him best when he's in a football strip to be honest. When he's on TV, and talking about football, I don't have a great deal of time for him!"

:lol:

It was said as a joke before anyone kicks off  :lol:

Canny dry Pardew like. I thought he was slagging him off for a second.

Guest Dontooner

Always being a critic od Pardew Credit to him on changing the team's shape to fit HBA and Jonas side by side which worked well, best i have seen Newcastle 's team system and shape in years.Hope he persist with it even though we are loosing 4 -1. We lost because Fulham change tactics and we didnt. They hide man behind of midfield to counterattack us in numbers but we failed to see it. The score line is evident as i have said this before Pardew isnt a good tacticial like people set him up to be, he just have some good individual players...

Guest Craig-NUFC

Alan Pardew aka Sven Göran Eriksson.

Cant make a sub or change a team whenever. Shola shouldve been off 4 hours ago.

Try 8 years ago.

I cannot see why people are trying to blame Pardew for this

Yep. There wasn't must he could do. A ridiculous penalty was given and everything else happened so fast afterwards. The players were knocked for six out there.

I cannot see why people are trying to blame Pardew for this

Probably because we were bossing the game, Jol responded with a switch in formation and then we were left floundering while 4 goals flew into our net.

I think it has been more individual player errors rather then the set up. Pen was dodgy, then Williamson and Simpson have not defended well at all.

He should do something about Ameobi though because Shola is not contributing.

I hope he persists with the 4-3-3 and doesn't use today as an excuse to change things, as the first half was the best I've seen us play away from home for a long time.

Agree with this. Next game is Blackburn (in the league) where we definitely shoudl continue with 4-3-3.