Alan Pardew

JH

How the f*** can anyone say he has done anything other than good or brilliant? There's some f***ing spackers on here like. Can anyone seriously say, that with the other managers available to us we would be any higher in the league? People need to get a f***ing grip man.

:rant:

What has he done to be brilliant or good?

How the f*** can anyone say he has done anything other than good or brilliant? There's some f***ing spackers on here like. Can anyone seriously say, that with the other managers available to us we would be any higher in the league? People need to get a f***ing grip man.

:rant:

What has he done to be brilliant or good?

Errr...get us into the top 7 of the league with an opportunity to play European football next season, despite having a slightly better than average squad and minimal spending money. After taking over a squad who were 100% behind the previous manager and maintaining good performances despite a total overhaul of key players.

Like I said, there are some spackers on here, and i mean that in the least offensive way that can be interpreted.

If a manager is to blame when a team does shit, then it has to work the other way too and the manager has to get the credit when a team does well.

Pardew has done a brilliant job so far, no one and I mean NO FUCKER AT ALL though we would be where we are i the league come the end of February. Yes there has been a few blibs but this is football and these things happen to all clubs not just us.

If a manager is to blame when a team does s***, then it has to work the other way too and the manager has to get the credit when a team does well.

Pardew has done a brilliant job so far, no one and I mean NO f***er AT ALL though we would be where we are i the league come the end of February. Yes there has been a few blibs but this is football and these things happen to all clubs not just us.

Totally agree.

If a manager is to blame when a team does s***, then it has to work the other way too and the manager has to get the credit when a team does well.

Pardew has done a brilliant job so far, no one and I mean NO f***er AT ALL though we would be where we are i the league come the end of February. Yes there has been a few blibs but this is football and these things happen to all clubs not just us.

some had us for 7th wth a possibility of overtaking one of liverpool,arsenal, spurs. (turns out chelsea have moved into spurs place on the list.

some had us for 7th wth a possibility of overtaking one of liverpool,arsenal, spurs. (turns out chelsea have moved into spurs place on the list.

If you could spare the time I would like you to point out who. Not being funny with you btw, I just want to personally cyber-pat them on the pack.

Thought I'd stick in a couple of points for the 'pro' argument, as it seems to have been grossly misrepresented in the last few pages.

Firstly, no one is saying that we're 6th purely because of Pardew. But it can't be ignored as well - football is essentially a results business. The fact that we are 6th has to count in his favour in some fashion. I really refuse to believe that we've lucked our way there, or that we've done it in spite of Pardew. I personally don't think that this current set-up is any better than 6th in its current state (squad depth way too thin, still littered with players like Simpson, Williamson etc.)

If you look, there is also no one is saying that the football we are playing is 'good' either (we aren't blind). Yes, it has been good at times this season but it essentially hoof ball, which needs to be improved and very quickly - but again, it has also been producing results which is why some are hesitant to criticise it wholly.

There is also no one saying that he is a brilliant manager, or a master tactician. But in the same breath, to say he is clueless as well is a bit unfair. He may only have one gameplan, or relies on some of his favourites in Taylor, Obertan etc. but that doesn't make him clueless, otherwise I might try my hand at PL managing next season if it's that easy - I might win the title with all those great players City have.

It is essentially a results vs performances argument, not a "really happy with the football we're playing" vs "not happy with the football we're playing" argument as some seem to have been mistaken with.

This is the crux of it for me, I'm expecting a sinking feeling during the first few games of next season as we go out and play exactly the same way. If he changes his style I'll applaud him for it but how likely do you think it is that the football's gonna change? You've said it needs to change fast but there's no way I can see it happening this season.

If our scouts continue to bring in quality players there's a big chance that Pardew could be the weak link most weeks next season imo, which is why I wouldn't be against replacing him in the summer. I wouldn't criticise if he was kept on as well btw, I can appreciate both sides of the argument.

Top seven is the very least we should have expected given that 8th and 9th are Norwich and sunderland. In reality, he's one place above the minimum requirement.

Aren't you forgetting teams like Villa and Stoke who didn't have a complete overhaul of players? Everton possibly also? We went backwards before we could go forwards, and we've actually gone very far forwards.

If you could spare the time I would like you to point out who. Not being funny with you btw, I just want to personally cyber-pat them on the pack.

me

One thing I will say is that managers who wouldn't have looked at us 14+ months ago, might just think with the players we've got and sign, they might fancy the job even if they don't have full control on who comes and goes.

this, it would seem to make sense to me that a young manager would look at us as a club they could make their name at. terrific policy on incoming players, managers in the continent especially who are used to being given a squad to work with.

One thing I will say is that managers who wouldn't have looked at us 14+ months ago, might just think with the players we've got and sign, they might fancy the job even if they don't have full control on who comes and goes.

this, it would seem to make sense to me that a young manager would look at us as a club they could make their name at. terrific policy on incoming players, managers in the continent especially who are used to being given a squad to work with.

Avb will be available by the summer.

me

Well done squire, I applaud your optimism.  :clap:

At the start of the season I thought that the absolute best we could have achieved this season was 7th. The top 6 were away and clear in my mind back in August. Having seen how ordinary Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have been this season has made seeing points hoyed away like yesterday really frustrating.

We'll never get a better chance to break into that little clique and we can't let all of the hard work of Autumn go to waste.

me

realism not optimism, we have a first 15 better than those apart from the top 5 or so.

Fail to see what Villa etc have to do with it. Fact is that finishing below Norwich or that lot is grounds for dismissal so he's doing ok from that point of view. Ok is all it is though.

I said in the summer that finishing below 7th should be classed as failure and I stand by that, although I now think that given how good Ba is and how poor Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are, that should be raised a place or two.

We're not going to replace him before next season, and even then it would only be if we were struggling particularly badly down the bottom of the table. And rightly so tbh, we don't need the circus of changing yet again.

So any talk of his successor is completely pointless IMO.

me

realism not optimism, we have a first 15 better than those apart from the top 5 or so.

Debateable, but fair enough.

At a club where we could sell a star player on any day during the transfer window, could fuck about with the contract negotiations of our club captain and could instantly piss off every football generation in the city with the swift change of a stadium name? Sounds like a dream job :laugh:

Fail to see what Villa etc have to do with it. Fact is that finishing below Norwich or that lot is grounds for dismissal so he's doing ok from that point of view. Ok is all it is though.

I said in the summer that finishing below 7th should be classed as failure and I stand by that, although I now think that given how good Ba is and how poor Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are, that should be raised a place or two.

So finishing below 5th or 6th would be a failure? Are you kidding me?