Alan Pardew

JH

We have the players in the last 6 to show we are better than hoofball, if we don't then we really are punching way above our weight.

The problem is that it's the players in the back five who have to decide whether to hoof it.

If Simpson and Williamson is not replaced in the summer I will probably need to be instituted in a mental hospital.

Nothing wrong with hoofing it tonight.

Giving Arsenal the ball straight back every time we get it, yes very sensible tactics. :lol:

As opposed to trying to play through them with a vastly inferior midfield? We'd have lost comfortably.

I'm tired of folk projecting false qualities onto our players. Half of our team doesn't want the ball yet we should always keep it down against Arsenal, of all teams?

We have the players in the last 6 to show we are better than hoofball, if we don't then we really are punching way above our weight.

The problem is that it's the players in the back five who have to decide whether to hoof it.

If Simpson and Williamson is not replaced in the summer I will probably need to be instituted in a mental hospital.

Pretty sure they will be.

(Then people can start whinging about how Santon is too attacking.)

Guest guinness_fiend

I think we better change manager if we want to push better than what we are... nothing against pardew... but he is quite average.

We held an Arsenal team (who have been tonking in goals for fun as late) for 93 minutes.  Get a grip.

Id expect to see Colo hoofing it more if it was a tactic given by Pardew. He rarely does, its normally Williamson/Simpson. It suggests player limitation moreso than a tactic for me.

Definitely, it's literally impossible to believe that Pardew is telling them to hoof possession away every two minutes.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fucking hell guys he can only play with what he has

If we try to out football arsenal we will get murdered

Luck hasn't been with us last few weeks, that is all!

Guest Dontooner

Id expect to see Colo hoofing it more if it was a tactic given by Pardew. He rarely does, its normally Williamson/Simpson. It suggests player limitation moreso than a tactic for me.

Or Maybe he has no game plan in the attacking game and is simply relying on his players to improvise. Well i wont be surprise since we are really bad at passing and creating.

It's almost as though Ronaldo has simply picked the opposite viewpoint to the majority.

If 'sack Pardew' Wullie and 'get him out' Mick represent the majority I'd say that's a pretty bloody comfortably place to be.

It's not logical that Pardew is instructing the defenders and Krul to hoof it long to Ba. It doesn't make sense on any level, it can't be happening.

Anyone can see it leads us to lose the ball 99% of the time, and so can he. Even people who think he's a limited manager would have to accept that.

Therefore it must be the lack of confidence of some of our players (Simpson, Willo, Krul mainly) that leads us to take the "safe" option and pump the ball forward. It's more about being safe in defence than an attacking tactic.

Pardew needs to address this, and might be trying for all I know, but I don't think it's possible that he's actually doing it as a deliberate tactic.

No offence, but that reads like a rationalisation to me Ian W.

In the first place, it's his job to coach them to break bad habits such as hoofing it. Secondly, if it's instinctive, he's had a fair old time to coach it out of them (or at least demonstrate more positive steps in the right direction than he has so far). Thirdly... I don't have a thirdly, but I said secondly so I feel like I should have a thirdly.

How come Swansea manage to play football against teams like Man City then? Are last season's championship team a bunch of undiscovered international class gems in disguise?

It's not logical that Pardew is instructing the defenders and Krul to hoof it long to Ba. It doesn't make sense on any level, it can't be happening.

Anyone can see it leads us to lose the ball 99% of the time, and so can he. Even people who think he's a limited manager would have to accept that.

Therefore it must be the lack of confidence of some of our players (Simpson, Willo, Krul mainly) that leads us to take the "safe" option and pump the ball forward. It's more about being safe in defence than an attacking tactic.

Pardew needs to address this, and might be trying for all I know, but I don't think it's possible that he's actually doing it as a deliberate tactic.

No offence, but that reads like a rationalisation to me Ian W.

In the first place, it's his job to coach them to break bad habits such as hoofing it. Secondly, if it's instinctive, he's had a fair old time to coach it out of them (or at least demonstrate more positive steps in the right direction than he has so far). Thirdly... I don't have a thirdly, but I said secondly so I feel like I should have a thirdly.

Aye, I accept those points.

It is his job to change the approach, but for me that's not as bad a failure as actively pursuing tactics based on random long balls.

It's also a failing that can be fixed by getting better players in.

We tried to pass the ball in the first half and did a decent job keeping the ball away from Arsenal, the stats on possession at half time were about even.

Second half he hardly had the thing at all because we just launched it back to them each time.

How come Swansea manage to play football against teams like Man City then? Are last season's championship team a bunch of undiscovered international class gems in disguise?

Where are Swansea in the league?