Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way, if Pardew deserves criticism for the way we play, the coaches do too. I don't want to harp on about the Jonas-Cabaye left flank thing but surely someone whould have had a word with Pardew? If not prior to deciding to go with that then during the game itself? I know Jonas was having words with Cabaye and so too was Colo all throughout the game.

On the Jonas at LB thing, this is a quote from Jonas yesterday:

"I try to do my best for the team, and we tried to attack from the back so that was why I played in that position," he explained to nufc.co.uk from inside the home dressing room at the Sports Direct Arena St. James' Park.

"I've played at right-back before, for Argentina, but not on the left. But it's no different if you play on the right or the left; it's the same. I don't care really.

"If the manager needs me in that position, then I will try to do my best."

Now, I'm not defending Pardew's (second half) tactics yesterday btw but it seems to me that Pardew (at first anyway) wanted to go for it so maybe that's why he opted for such an attacking lineup yesterday? I guess it could also the case that Jonas has a better track record for assists from the left so maybe that's the reason why Santon was on the bench?

I'm not picking at his decision to deploy Jonas at left-back who I actually thought had a very good game at both ends. My criticism is with his decision to deploy Cabaye narrow on the left which gave Jonas little cover nor much support in attack. These things can have adverse knock on effects elsewhere on the pitch and that happened a few times as Colo had to leave the centre to help Jonas defend against his man or to help recover possession down that flank. Can you imagine the damage someone like Holt could have done in the centre up againts Williamson with Colo away from that area?

More worryingly is despite Norwich getting some joy down that side, Cabaye continued in that narrow position. Pardew either didn't spot it, did and thought nowt of it or simply had no tactical answer to it. What gets me is both Jonas and Colo himself had words with Cabaye during the game.

I must say, I feel a tad concerned with his form and role in the side. He played well in parts against Norwich especially when we were on the ball and playing it around but there was clear insutructions at one point to ping it long quarter-back style and Cabaye looked frustrated.

Pretty thorough. There was me wondering why we didn't just play 4-4-2 and push up the pitch because Norwich wouldn't have the pace to get behind us :lol:

I'm beginning to think the reason why we are seeing these kind of repostes to good analysis and questioning is because like our manager, they don't understand the finer points of the game tactically or simply refuse to in light of our 6th place in the table. Its the equiverlent of sticking fingers in ears and signing lalalalalala.

That's simply the most pompous post on here in quite some time. Just because you coach a kids team doesn't make you Mourinho you know?

:lol:

Too simples for him.

He shoudl have played Santon left-back, Jonas back wide and Guthrie and Cabaye in the centre. When I read Perch was starting I thought oh here we go again. The mighty Norwich are in Town!

Guest Recoba

Can't be arsed any more.

Why even say that then? Not worth the wear on your fingertips.

Some of the lads I sit near, just so negative.  Obviously the only good thing about the Norwich game was the result but ..

I can't be arsed either.

I don`t want Pardew sacked, i want him to get the summer to build on what we have. But we need to see some progression next season, or else its not the right man.

I just find it strange at the moment, as it feels like we have type A manager, and building a team of Type B players.

If it was up to Pardew, i think we would not have HBA, Santon & Cabaye etc.

Of course he want the two latter now, after seeing the quality, but i thing Pardew would have built a team of a different kind of players.

I know it is speculation, but i just get the feeling he feels "forced" at times to include some of our players.

As mention in this and earlier post, i want Pardew to succeed here, as he is at the end of the day a likable guy.

But i have to say i see some signs that he is not the kind of manager to get the best out of the players we are recruiting at the moment.

As i wrote earlier today, i think and hope the bit bellow can be a factor. And that we get it going in preseason to improve our overall play.

I hope we have a decent run in to the season, and if possible secure a European spot.

When this is completed, then Pardew and the lads get this season on a distance, reflect on the, to be fair, many positive things this season. (we are 6th tbh) and build on it. If we secure a top 7, i think a lot of weight will be off the players and especially Pardews shoulders.

Guest Howaythetoon

And people wonder why our fans get labelled as unrealistic, fickle and general bubbling retards.

Thanks for getting us all tarred with the same brush.

And stupid.

And people wonder why our fans get labelled as unrealistic, fickle and general bubbling retards.

You've just done it to yourself, you don't need to thank anybody for that.

And stupid.

Spoling yourself with this ridiculous vendetta, man.

“The first time I met Alan Pardew I asked him ‘How do you want to play? What is the style?’,” Cabaye told the Sunday Sun.

“He said ‘With you, it will change’. I told him I want to have the ball at my feet, I want to pass the ball, pass again.

“It reassured me a lot to hear that the first time I met him. It was my first move since Lille and not to another French club so it was more difficult.

“I was pleased and relieved for him to say that. My mind was calmer because of that. I was reassured and I felt good.”

"The manager is actually quite like the one I had at Lille [Rudi Garcia], they are quite similar," says a man who may have been tempted to join Aston Villa had Gérard Houllier not fallen ill. "Like Garcia, what Alan Pardew wants is for us to keep the ball. He talked to me about changing Newcastle's style and we work a lot on possession. He's doing a great job."

Guest Howaythetoon

And stupid.

If we werent performing like we are I'd be praising Pardew to the high heavens. I don't like the man but this is no vendetta.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyway Pardew on Cabaye wide left...

He was supposed to be playing out wide and simply refused to. It was a very undisciplined performance by him.

“The first time I met Alan Pardew I asked him ‘How do you want to play? What is the style?’,” Cabaye told the Sunday Sun.

“He said ‘With you, it will change’. I told him I want to have the ball at my feet, I want to pass the ball, pass again.

“It reassured me a lot to hear that the first time I met him. It was my first move since Lille and not to another French club so it was more difficult.

“I was pleased and relieved for him to say that. My mind was calmer because of that. I was reassured and I felt good.”

"The manager is actually quite like the one I had at Lille [Rudi Garcia], they are quite similar," says a man who may have been tempted to join Aston Villa had Gérard Houllier not fallen ill. "Like Garcia, what Alan Pardew wants is for us to keep the ball. He talked to me about changing Newcastle's style and we work a lot on possession. He's doing a great job."

No wonder he looks pissed off and isn't playing anything like he should be.

I don`t want Pardew sacked, i want him to get the summer to build on what we have. But we need to see some progression next season, or else its not the right man.

I just find it strange at the moment, as it feels like we have type A manager, and building a team of Type B players.

If it was up to Pardew, i think we would not have HBA, Santon & Cabaye etc.

Of course he want the two latter now, after seeing the quality, but i thing Pardew would have built a team of a different kind of players.

I know it is speculation, but i just get the feeling he feels "forced" at times to include some of our players.

As mention in this and earlier post, i want Pardew to succeed here, as he is at the end of the day a likable guy.

But i have to say i see some signs that he is not the kind of manager to get the best out of the players we are recruiting at the moment.

As i wrote earlier today, i think and hope the bit bellow can be a factor. And that we get it going in preseason to improve our overall play.

I hope we have a decent run in to the season, and if possible secure a European spot.

When this is completed, then Pardew and the lads get this season on a distance, reflect on the, to be fair, many positive things this season. (we are 6th tbh) and build on it. If we secure a top 7, i think a lot of weight will be off the players and especially Pardews shoulders.

Completely agree with your post, High Five o/.

I, for one, don't want to see Pardew sacked whatsoever. If we finish strongly this season (ie. a top 6/7 finish with the possibility of Europa League qualification), then he definitely has my support for next season. Finishing in such a position will represent massive progress for us and one which we should/have to build on. What I've highlighted in bold has quite a bit of substance imo, Pardew and the lads will get a whole summer to properly reflect on the good and the bad from this season. We'll hopefully build on the good and learn/improve from the bad. If, over the course of next season, it turns out we're making little progress and/or actually moving backwards, then massive questions about Pardew will be rightly raised (his future may even be called into question).

As it stands though, the season's not over yet and there's still some work/a job to be done. Clearly, we need some work on our play/tactics, I'm not excusing Pardew for our "performances" these past few months - he's been very poor in this aspect and he needs to change his mentality and fast. So what I'll say is, I do/still have faith in Pardew and I do want the man to succeed. Fingers crossed.

Why don't you offer an opinion instead of ridiculing other people's?

Doubt he's quite so sure now. (Given those comments are from late summer I believe.)

His frustration was evident yesterday, as was Ba's at one point. Not good signs.

And stupid.

If we werent performing like we are I'd be praising Pardew to the high heavens. I don't like the man but this is no vendetta.

I really get the feeling you want him to fail at the club's expense. It's exactly the same with Mick, and I'm fast apporaching that opinion about Wullie, too.

I think we are having a pretty good season, and he is a good manager.

The people criticising him, would you want him sacked?

I have had enough new managers in my lifetime.  Pardew is one of the better ones.

What makes him so good? I question his tactics all the time, I feel like results have been falling our way when we havent deserved since the City loss. I have and will state it again think that he has the same problem as SvenGöranEriksson. He has no ability in changing the game for good. I mean, every tactical change he makes puts more pressure on us and we fall back. Either he doesnt trust his player or he hates the beauty of the sport. Because in no way should we let teams control the game after playing so well like we did against Villa up till the goal, against Fulham until 2nd half also Norwich at the weekend in the first half.

Anyway Pardew on Cabaye wide left...

He was supposed to be playing out wide and simply refused to. It was a very undisciplined performance by him.

WTF? :lol:

And stupid.

I really get the feeling you want him to fail at the club's expense. It's exactly the same with Mick, and I'm fast apporaching that opinion about Wullie, too.

What a dullard you are man, Jesus.

I have had enough new managers in my lifetime.  Pardew is one of the better ones.

The only reason I don't want him sacked at the end of the season is because we don't need the upheaval, not because I think he's a good manager. This is probably the best season we'll have with Pardew IMO. Even if we keep buying well his lack of ability to get the side playing any kind of football will eventually lead to players like Cabaye and Ben Arfa getting disillusioned.

Yes we're 6th but that's because we've got a better squad than most of the teams below us. It's like giving Avram Grant credit for taking Chelsea into the Champions League.

I'm beginning to think the reason why we are seeing these kind of repostes to good analysis and questioning is because like our manager, they don't understand the finer points of the game tactically or simply refuse to in light of our 6th place in the table. Its the equiverlent of sticking fingers in ears and signing lalalalalala.

That's simply the most pompous post on here in quite some time. Just because you coach a kids team doesn't make you Mourinho you know?

The funny thing about that quote is, it's exactly what I think of HTT. He writes well and is very expressive, but the content is often lots of hot air which fails to acknowledge a whole host of variables.

The only reason I don't want him sacked at the end of the season is because we don't need the upheaval, not because I think he's a good manager. This is probably the best season we'll have with Pardew IMO. Even if we keep buying well his lack of ability to get the side playing any kind of football will eventually lead to players like Cabaye and Ben Arfa getting disillusioned.

Yes we're 6th but that's because we've got a better squad than most of the teams below us. It's like giving Avram Grant credit for taking Chelsea into the Champions League.

Good post. Agree.