Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BooBoo

There's an awful lot of negative assumptions in this thread. We hear that if we stick with Pards then:

- We won't do as well in the league again.

- We'll tumble down the league.

- Our best players will get pissed off and want to leave.

Unsure why that should automatically be the case.

Okay one thing I don't understand, if our players are getting fed up with long ball why don't they simply refuse to do it? Just play their own game? I know, I know that's very simplistic but honestly why don't they? As a collective surely they can all see what we can? That keeping the ball on the floor works far better than punting it long and hoping Ba/Cisse can produce something?

There's an awful lot of negative assumptions in this thread. We hear that if we stick with Pards then:

It's not the case, it's an opinion.

Here's another negative assumption: anyone having concerns about the football in the second half of the season wants Pardew out, immediately.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pardew still in the 'doing a good job' category for me

Similar season with better football next year will be progress

He definately knows a good deal/player when he sees one.

And if Krul Colo and Cheick enjoy working under him that's good enough for me

Not so much "if we stick with Pards (cringe)", more if he sticks with the negative approach he has adopted since before Christmas.

No reason he can't be more positive with these players. I think the problem recently is mentality more than a simple inability to get these players to keep the ball. We generally have some period in every game where we do play, even if it's for only ten minutes, it usually ends with us scoring at which point we retreat into our shells for the rest of the game.

Okay one thing I don't understand, if our players are getting fed up with long ball why don't they simply refuse to do it? Just play their own game? I know, I know that's very simplistic but honestly why don't they? As a collective surely they can all see what we can? That keeping the ball on the floor works far better than punting it long and hoping Ba/Cisse can produce something?

Could be argued that Ben Arfa did refuse to do it for a while, i.e. always played it short, took risks in possession, used more energy on attacking than tracking back.

Guest Deadmau5
Why would they want away if we play hoofball?

You are unsure why champions league hardened brilliant fotballers look miserable and unsettled when forced to sit deep and launch balls into orbit when they were promised carpet fotball upon coming here?

Okay.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not so much "if we stick with Pards (cringe)", more if he sticks with the negative approach he has adopted since before Christmas.

No reason he can't be more positive with these players. I think the problem recently is mentality more than a simple inability to get these players to keep the ball. We generally have some period in every game where we do play, even if it's for only ten minutes, it usually ends with us scoring at which point we retreat into our shells for the rest of the game.

More positive?

We've shipped in more goals than any of the top 10!

Guest Deadmau5

47 Points and 9 games left. 28 points to play for. How fun wouldnt it be to just go all out Swansea-style with Santon, Cissè, Ba, Ben arfa, Cabaye in the Silva-role, bombing forward.

Could fail spectacularily. Or it could be a CL-ticket. Would have been fun either way.

Guest neesy111

Honestly can't get my head around that comment.  We've conceded a lot of goals, therefore our play has most definitely been positive. :lol:

http://i.qkme.me/75t2.jpg

Think he means we've conceded a lot so going more positive would mean even more goals conceded. Not true imo, but I can see the reasoning.

Yeah, inviting pressure on the defence due to lack of a coherent gameplan of our own is clearly the way to go then.

(Realise that's not what you're saying btw, as you've stated).

Guest sicko2ndbest

Think he means we've conceded a lot so going more positive would mean even more goals conceded. Not true imo, but I can see the reasoning.

Going more positive = taking more risks = shipping more goals

Simple equation really

Guest neesy111

I don't buy it personally.

47 Points and 9 games left. 28 points to play for. How fun wouldnt it be to just go all out Swansea-style with Santon, Cissè, Ba, Ben arfa, Cabaye in the Silva-role, bombing forward.

Could fail spectacularily. Or it could be a CL-ticket. Would have been fun either way.

Watching us struggle to pass the ball out of defence against Norwich makes me think it's too late in the day to adopt a new approach now, the players are unsure of themselves and the manager clearly doesn't have confidence in it. Best just to stick with what he is comfortable with and hope we'll scrape four wins from somewhere like we did yesterday. We haven't got a prayer against the likes of Chelsea or Liverpool, but it might be enough against the Swanseas and West Broms.

Cabaye isn't and never will be a Silva type of player. That's a daft comparison.

If you think we can overtake Arsenal now by bombing forward and leaving the likes of Williamson vulnerable, you need looking at, bro.

Simple equation really

Aye, if only it fucking worked like that.

Guest neesy111

Simple equation really

Compared to going more positive, keep more possession and therefore the other team can't score, puts less pressure on people like Williamson.

Simple equation really

:lol:

Gifting away possession and inviting pressure on to ourselves mean nothing to you then?  Are you watching the games, this is what's happening every week.

Guest Deadmau5

Because we are drawing attention to our weak link by inviting pressure to it rather than try to keep the ball in the midfield and retain possession further up the field. He is making it worse rather than better, but because we are parking the bus most teams cant get through anyway. Against the better sides it gets rather pathetic though,  second half vs arsenal it looked like teams from a different division playing eachother.

Guest neesy111

Simple equation really

:lol:

Gifting away possession and inviting pressure on to ourselves mean nothing to you then?  Are you watching the games, this is what's happening every week.

That could work in some-way if we had the players to launch good counter-attacks when we don't, so it's madness.  Obertan's goal v Blackburn meant we were the last team this season to score from a counter attack.

Simple equation really

5 = apple = Egypt

The kumquat laughs