Alan Pardew

JH

Guest sicko2ndbest

Result papering over the cracks again. There's genuine problems on the park and I honestly don't think Pardew can solve them.

He's winging it atm. Just throwing them on the park and hoping they produce something outstanding to get us a goal. There's no discernible pattern to our play, it's a mishmash of long looping balls in the general vicinity of a player (who clearly isn't a target man) or a cross from wide with only one black and white shirt to aim for. When was the last time you saw one of our CM run past a striker and get on the end of a pull-back?

The back 4 look shot to bits. Williamson looks dreadful as does Simpson and the LB changes from half to half. Krul seems incapable kicking it accurately to keep possession and refuses to bowl it out to either FB to build attacks. The refusal to strengthen the defence in January is also looking a mistake.

Fitness-wise we're looking like Devon Loch. The squad isn't big enough or good enough to rotate effectively and a few of them look like they're running on empty.

6th? f*** me.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Oh and HTT, you must be feeling very sheepish tonight

Are you big enough to say you were WRONG?

Result papering over the cracks again. There's genuine problems on the park and I honestly don't think Pardew can solve them.

He's winging it atm. Just throwing them on the park and hoping they produce something outstanding to get us a goal. There's no discernible pattern to our play, it's a mishmash of long looping balls in the general vicinity of a player (who clearly isn't a target man) or a cross from wide with only one black and white shirt to aim for. When was the last time you saw one of our CM run past a striker and get on the end of a pull-back?

The back 4 look shot to bits. Williamson looks dreadful as does Simpson and the LB changes from half to half. Krul seems incapable kicking it accurately to keep possession and refuses to bowl it out to either FB to build attacks. The refusal to strengthen the defence in January is also looking a mistake.

Fitness-wise we're looking like Devon Loch. The squad isn't big enough or good enough to rotate effectively and a few of them look like they're running on empty.

6th? f*** me.

That was how I was feeling at the time tbh. Since that game he's got it all spot on, the change to the 3 upfront has transformed the team and we look a real threat again. I wanted him to solve the problems and he has done. Fucking good on him and long may it continue. :)

Guest sicko2ndbest

6th? f*** me.

That was how I was feeling at the time tbh. Since that game he's got it all spot on, the change to the 3 upfront has transformed the team and we look a real threat again. I wanted him to solve the problems and he has done. f***ing good on him and long may it continue. :)

Fair play Midds

HTT? Your turn?

6th? f*** me.

That was how I was feeling at the time tbh. Since that game he's got it all spot on, the change to the 3 upfront has transformed the team and we look a real threat again. I wanted him to solve the problems and he has done. f***ing good on him and long may it continue. :)

Fair play Midds

HTT? Your turn?

4,000,000,000,000,000 word post explaining how Pardew still doesn't do enough this, that and the other coming up.. :D

Believe it or not sicko, you're not some sort of forum god who must be answered to.

People said things that were true at the time. Things have changed. Shock horror. Get over it.

Believe it or not sicko, you're not some sort of forum god who must be answered to.

People said things that were true at the time. Things have changed. Shock horror. Get over it.

:thup: Can't believe that midds' post is the one you've dragged up out of everything. He said what, at that time, was completely true.

'HTT your turn' ffs. :lol: That tickled me.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Never said i was JH

I backed AP the same way i have backed MA/DL in the last year or so

I dont rate Danny Simpson, I think BA will be off and i think Tiote will be sold in the summer

These are my opinions, and if i am wrong and someone wants to pick me up on this then so be it. I am quite happy to eat humble, and say i am wrong. Sometimes, however, people need picking up on opinions, not necessarily because i want to say told you so, but because a lot of people on this board look up to some of these more distinguished posters and think they are always right, therefore taking their opinions as gospel

Im just saying it is ok to have an opinion that differs from the hierachy

Don't see how anyone has to eat humble pie on the comments made before WBA. He's playing the way a lot of us said we should be playing, less hit and hope, more football on the ground, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse all in the team.

It's the people who said "he's doing the best he can because he doesn't have the players to play anything other than long ball" who were more wrong tbh.

He got tactics spot on again today. It took him ages to play Santon, but he gradually got him in and it took him a LONG time to trust Ben Arfa but he finally has. Lessons are being learnt, whilst nurturing a fantastic atmosphere around the squad. We feel unbeatable at the moment, I certainly think we'll get 7 points out of the next 3. It really has been a phenomenal season and Pardew has been a big factor in that. Get yourself a drink, Pards :thup:

Don't see how anyone has to eat humble pie on the comments made before WBA. He's playing the way a lot of us said we should be playing, less hit and hope, more football on the ground, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse all in the team.

It's the people who said "he's doing the best he can because he doesn't have the players to play anything other than long ball" who were more wrong tbh.

Exactly, there aren't many people saying "I told you so" about the fact HBA's finally been given a run and he/we are doing well, we're just happy it's happening.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Exactly, there aren't many people saying "I told you so" about the fact HBA's finally been given a run and he/we are doing well, we're just happy it's happening.

Yes, but a lot of HBAs form is down to APs handling of him

6th? f*** me.

:jesuswept:

:lol: Speculation that borders on you being an actual lunatic if you're categorically sure on it.

Never said i was JH

I dont rate Danny Simpson, I think BA will be off and i think Tiote will be sold in the summer

These are my opinions, and if i am wrong and someone wants to pick me up on this then so be it. I am quite happy to eat humble, and say i am wrong. Sometimes, however, people need picking up on opinions, not necessarily because i want to say told you so, but because a lot of people on this board look up to some of these more distinguished posters and think they are always right, therefore taking their opinions as gospel

Fair point. I believed in you midds. And you dared to have an opinion that was the general consensus at that point, that despite the position, we weren't playing in the least bit convincing way. You're one of the elder statesmen, and you typed that tripe. I threw up in my mouth a little tbh the more I thought about it. An Admin ffs.

Guest sicko2ndbest

:lol: Speculation that borders on you being an actual lunatic if you're categorically sure on it.

I dont think it is speculation tbh

Pardew has openly criticised HBA and his work rate at time over the past 6 months and it has got a reaction. Pardews recent snippets about about him understanding the system more now takes any speculation away imo

:thup:

Never said i was JH

You're more than entitled to your opinion. I don't agree with it but that's not what's at discussion here.

It's the "Look at what midds said - explain yourself! HTT, you too!" attitude that is my gripe. No one should 'have' to answer to anyone, especially not you.

I dont think it is speculation tbh

Pardew has openly criticised HBA and his work rate at time over the past 6 months and it has got a reaction. Pardews recent snippets about about him understanding the system more now takes any speculation away imo

It doesn't man, you haven't got a clue what would have happened if he got more time on the pitch!

Works both ways imo.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Never said i was JH

Fair point. I believed in you midds. And you dared to have an opinion that was the general consensus at that point, that despite the position, we weren't playing in the least bit convincing way. You're one of the elder statesmen, and you typed that tripe. I threw up in my mouth a little tbh the more I thought about it. An Admin ffs.

Why was it a general consesus though? HTT Midds JH and even Dave albeit to a lesser extent were rolling this 'consensus' out. I admire what they do and their passion for the cause, but their opinions like it or not carry more weight than the average poster.

They are not always right though!