Alan Pardew

JH

Not listened myself, but supposedly been on TalkSport saying he's going to revert to 4-4-2 for the rest of the season to push on

Hope to fuck he is just trying some petty mind games, that would be fucking ridiculous.  Not sure I could handle going back to the hoof ball, fail to retain possession, chase a bit, win it back and repeat. 

I'm a nervous wreck watching it, it doesn't get the best out of our players and it's frustrating as hell.

He's onto a winning formula, why would you change it?

Not listened myself, but supposedly been on TalkSport saying he's going to revert to 4-4-2 for the rest of the season to push on

Hope to f*** he is just trying some petty mind games, that would be f***ing ridiculous.  Not sure I could handle going back to the hoof ball, fail to retain possession, chase a bit, win it back and repeat. 

I'm a nervous wreck watching it, it doesn't get the best out of our players and it's frustrating as hell.

Why would you listen to talkshite?

Mind, you haven't even listened to it

:lol:

Hope to f*** he is just trying some petty mind games, that would be f***ing ridiculous.  Not sure I could handle going back to the hoof ball, fail to retain possession, chase a bit, win it back and repeat. 

He said nothing of the sort... Just light heartily joked that to keep Ba happy (as he knows he's not as happy playing out wide doing a job for the team) he'd switch him in the middle... 

He said nothing of the sort... Just light heartily joked that to keep Ba happy (as he knows he's not as happy playing out wide doing a job for the team) he'd switch him in the middle... 

This.

Courtesy of Baggio. Here's a list of our Premiership seasons points wise since the league changed to 20 teams.

95/96 - 78

96/97 - 68

97/98 - 44

98/99 - 46

99/00 - 52

00/01 - 51

01/02 - 71

02/03 - 69

03/04 - 56

04/05 - 44

05/06 - 58

06/07 - 46

07/08 - 43

08/09 - 34

10/11 - 46

11/12 - 53 so far

He's already bettered 9 seasons with 7 games still to go.

Reckon we have a good chance of comfortably overhauling 03/04 and 05/06 anarl.

Panic over cheers.  Someone on the other forum putting 2 and 2 together nad getting 83.

Courtesy of Baggio. Here's a list of our Premiership seasons points wise since the league changed to 20 teams.

95/96 - 78

96/97 - 68

97/98 - 44

98/99 - 46

99/00 - 52

00/01 - 51

01/02 - 71

02/03 - 69

03/04 - 56

04/05 - 44

05/06 - 58

06/07 - 46

07/08 - 43

08/09 - 34

10/11 - 46

11/12 - 53 so far

He's already bettered 9 seasons with 7 games still to go.

Reckon we have a good chance of comfortably overhauling 03/04 and 05/06 anarl.

We'll get 60 points or more imo.

3 points off Bobby's last season with 7 games to go. Magnificent.

95/96 - 78

:yikes: did we not finish top 4 with that points tally?! Surely we should have been challenging for the title or something with that amount of points?

95/96 - 78

:yikes: did we not finish top 4 with that points tally?! Surely we should have been challenging for the title or something with that amount of points?

Eh? :lol:

He did play in the middle for a canny bit on Sunday too.

Demba is kind of right though, he is such a goal threat when playing up front. And when it's on now in our current formation, we just burst so fast forward with ba, ben arfa cisse and cabaye that he just can't find himself in goalscoring positions before we're off again. For next season I really would want us to get a real work horse with some pace to burn, Just so we can allow Ba to play higher up field.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/AD321B5211C80BB0802579D40075A70B?OpenDocument

An Evening with Alan Pardew, Lancastrian Suite, the People’s Republic of Dunston 29/Mar/12 

There was once a code in the media which determined that anything that was said at a Talk-In remained inside the room. However, in the days of Twitter-feeds, Facebook, Fans’ Forums, Joey Barton being shopped to Derek Llambias et al that code has now largely been broken. Having had a true faith table at the Alan Pardew Talk-In in aid of Wembley-bound Dunston UTS FC (nee “Fed”) on 29/Mar/12, we were never going to let on about what the manager had said as we didn’t consider it good form but well, if every newspaper in the NE can quote little bits and bobs of the Talk-In and present it as their interviews, then we can summarise the lot for you here. Eyes down for the full quota:

1. Loves being at Newcastle United and has no desire to go anywhere else.

2. Ashley now describes himself as a “difficult seller” and Pardew is happy with that. He trusts Ashley “to a degree”. He believes Ashley wants to make a go of Newcastle United.

3. Hatem Ben Arfa is the most naturally gifted player he has ever worked with and that includes Carlos Tevez.

4. Andy Carroll wanted to leave and asked for a transfer. Carroll looked him in the eye and asked for the move to Liverpool. Pardew will not have players at the club who aren’t 100% focused on being at Newcastle United. H e believes his agent Mark Curtis made the deal happen.

5. There is a world of difference between being 90% focused and 100%. He had told Mike Ashley that £25m and the £30m was not enough for Carroll.

6. He believes Kevin Nolan is capable of going into management and it was he who introduced the hand-shakes with everyone at the training ground every morning which he thinks instils a kind of unity. He clearly thinks a lot of Nolan, still.

7. Feeling loved will count more than money in keeping Demba Ba at Newcastle United. Pardew urges the supporters to make Ba feel loved. Ba is a very spiritual person.

8. Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse wear briefs in the showers as part of their Muslim faith.

9. We have signed a centre-half for the summer. He acknowledges we need a left-back.

10. Of all the players who have left United, Enrique is the one that upset him most. He blamed the departure on the history Enrique had with Ashley/Llambias and that Jose couldn’t see the big picture.

11. Fabricio Collocini is the most important player at Newcastle United. Chieck Tiote is a close second.

12. Tiote smashes into players every day in training. He also has a Witch Doctor he goes to for fitness.

13. We tried to sign Oxlade-Chamberlain from Southampton but were priced out.

14. Pardew really rates Southampton’s Rickie Lambert, who he expects to do well in the Premier League.

15. Ashley trusts the team he has of Carr-Llambias-Charnley-Pardew.

16. John Carver is the best possible No.2 he could have. Especially at Newcastle United. Carver tells him what is happening out amongst the Geordie public.

17. Pardew is exasperated by young players who are in their teens at the Academy who have achieved nothing but who are flying around in motors thinking they have arrived. They haven’t.

18. He heard about the gambling debt rumours as the reason he was working for Mike Ashley. Quite rightly he didn’t even dignify it with a response.

19. Playing non-league and being a late starter gives him a great appreciation of the professional life and it maddens him when players don’t appreciate it.

20. Understands the prices working people to support their team.

21. He waffled a bit but there’s no way he’d give Alan Shearer a job at United, even though he didn’t say it quite like that. He thinks he should get out and take a job at a lower level and work his way up.

22. He loves James Perch’s attitude.

23. He’s never driven a taxi. He has worked on building sites.

24. Nile Ranger doesn’t understand what it means to be a professional footballer.

25. He loves Shola Ameobi who he regards as a great character.

26. He values work-rate, application and dedication ahead of talent.

27. He reckoned Ashley and Llambias were pissed after his first game when we beat Liverpool 3-1 at SJP. He loved that first experience of SJP. He loves home games and loves looking around SJP on match days, loves the buzz.

28. The press doesn’t bother him, he has no time for them. He calculated that according to press speculation Chelsea will spend £300m this summer, Laughed off stories linking Krul and Tiote to Chelsea on the basis they don’t even have a manager.

29. He hasn’t spoken Ferguson since we beat Man U 3-0 in January.

30. He got bladdered at the Tuxedo Princess (aka The Boat) and danced on the revolving dance floor after Gazza scored a wonder goal to knock Palace out the FAC. The Palace players had little shots off whisky before the game but Ian Wright had loads and he reckons he was pissed on the pitch.

He was articulate, passionate, self-confident diplomatic and down-to-earth. He was warmly applauded on and off the stage.

And that was probably it as he did one. And missed the worst comedian it will be your misfortune to ever see. The Pie and Peas were canny though it almost got ugly as some fought over a buckshee pie one of the lasses brought out. The night however did not end in a fork fight in the car park.

That Is All.

26. He values work-rate, application and dedication ahead of talent.

This is what has worried people in patches this season. I hope he can see that there's a balance to be struck. :thup: