Alan Pardew

JH

Can see it being a draw, with some people expecting it to be easy.

I'm not sure why people expecting it to be easy would have anything to do with the possible outcome, it should be relatively easy.

It is NOT easy.  Bolton are fighting for their next season as well. 

I see your point and I don't think it will end up an easy win but they were fighting for their safety yesterday as well...

The reason my dad mentioned it is that he had a hip replacement a few weeks back and going to the match tomorrow is the most active thing he will have done since the operation.  He's a bit apprehensive about it as he's nowhere near 100%.  He was not happy at the prospect of us being happy with a draw to say the least. :lol: Although a 0-0 would save him having to get up and down off his seat, which would probably be for the best.  We give them a hammering and he's back in the hospital.

Can see it being a draw, with some people expecting it to be easy.

I'm not sure why people expecting it to be easy would have anything to do with the possible outcome, it should be relatively easy.

Because I can see people getting restless with an atmosphere of frustration, and if Bolton raise their game and we're a little of, it wont be easy.

I think the atmosphere will play a big part tomorrow. These are the type of games that have caused us problems in the past, whereby the atmosphere in the previous game has been electric against harder opposition, then we come into a game thinking we should easily gain a win. The atmosphere is then flat from the off and the fans get frustrated when we aren't 3-0 up after 20 minutes. Hope I'm wrong of course but we've seen it happen so many times in the past.

I think it could go that way as well but hopefully our fans won't lose their bottle and actually realise what we're in danger of achieving here.  The last few results and performances have been quite galvanising for the club so you'd hope the crowd would give the players a break and treat this game as a significant step towards an incredible achievement rather than a shoe-in where we blow the opposition away.  I think if we knock the ball around a bit then the patience will be there but if we put in one of those disjointed performances where there's no pattern to our play then people might get restless, which would be a shame.

Incidentally I think if Spurs and Arsenal had lost this weekend the atmosphere would have been rocking regardless, hopefully tomorrow's an acceptable medium.

I will however not retract my previous criticisms because they have been justified and valid at the time. Indeed watching us perform so well and seeing Ben Arfa tearing the opposition a new one, actually rankles with me. Perhaps had we started with him much earlier and tried to play good football in all our games, we might be cementing a CL place right now rather that the likely Europ League place we currently occupy.

Aye, perhaps if we'd allowed HBA to waltz straight back into the team he would have immediately understood and adopted the team ethos that he's been brilliantly displaying the last couple of weeks.

There is no way on earth he needed to be kept on the bench to understand and adopt the team work ethos. You get that from playing games, getting an understanding with your team-mates and being a PART of things. Basically what he is getting. That and the confidence of your manager. Of course it isn't a one-way thing but Pardew has always shown a reluctance to play Ben Arfa ahead of safer options like Ryan Taylor and Obertan.

Incidentally, Obertan in most of his games lacked the team work ethos you talk of yet continued to get selected.

Spot on.

Take a draw?? Christ, he comes out with some bullshit. Hope he isn't telling the players that.

I don't think he will be. Btw in his post-match interview after Swansea he was going on about the different styles of play we've used to win the matches and he said Bolton would be different again (to Swansea). We'll attack them IMO, anything else would be mental given recent successes.

The reason my dad mentioned it is that he had a hip replacement a few weeks back and going to the match tomorrow is the most active thing he will have done since the operation.  He's a bit apprehensive about it as he's nowhere near 100%.  He was not happy at the prospect of us being happy with a draw to say the least. :lol: Although a 0-0 would save him having to get up and down off his seat, which would probably be for the best.  We give them a hammering and he's back in the hospital.

:lol: He might be sitting next to me tomorrow like which will be easier cos i'm on the aisle.

Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't do anything other than attack them from the off and pressure them. They're fighting relegation for a reason and they'll be shitting themselves after seeing us win 4 on the bounce. Fucking get at them and give them a spanking.

A draw, if it works out that way, isn't the end of the world given our recent results and we've got a cushion but fucking come on, it's Bolton at home for fuck's sake. 

Because I can see people getting restless with an atmosphere of frustration, and if Bolton raise their game and we're a little of, it wont be easy.

I think it will be relatively easy so we'll have to see who is right.  An early goal will have a good effect on the players and fans. I'll stick by the players, even if we're waiting for a goal in the 90th minute, doing anything else is pointless.