Alan Pardew

JH

Think the message is that if someone like Tiote went for 20m, we'd trust our judgement to spend the 20m to make us better off and a stronger squad than we were with just Tiote. I.e. to fund the signings of three 7m pound players such as Debuchy, Anita etc etc. If that's how it has to be then I'm comfortable with that.

I just read into that equivalent that the money would be spent on someone as good, not spent on several cheaper players etc. May be cheaper just seems to imply they wouldn't shirk from spending the profits straight away

I just read into that equivalent that the money would be spent on someone as good, not spent on several cheaper players etc. May be cheaper just seems to imply they wouldn't shirk from spending the profits straight away

:nope: have you only been following us for the past 12months?

:nope: have you only been following us for the past 12months?

you have a fair point  :lol: we're spending £7m on a fb tho :|

I only saw the first half of the Monaco friendly and I was half cut watching on Saturday.  But does it seem like we're under instruction to play a shorter game?

Barring R.Taylor (and Williamson vs Monaco), we've actually played some nice stuff in the middle.  Abeid and Bigi have looked comfortable in possession when they've been on and Colo and Tiote coming back in helps of course.  I noticed against Fener, even Elliot was throwing or rolling it out short and we were looking to build a bit more.

There were long balls don't get me wrong, but they often seemed aimed or were a nice diagonal out wide.  Not the usual hit and hope approach up the middle.

If I'm not imagining it, then well played Pards, we've got so many good quality players, it seems a shame to waste them.

I only saw the first half of the Monaco friendly and I was half cut watching on Saturday.  But does it seem like we're under instruction to play a shorter game?

Barring R.Taylor (and Williamson vs Monaco), we've actually played some nice stuff in the middle.  Abeid and Bigi have looked comfortable in possession when they've been on and Colo and Tiote coming back in helps of course.  I noticed against Fener, even Elliot was throwing or rolling it out short and we were looking to build a bit more.

There were long balls don't get me wrong, but they often seemed aimed or were a nice diagonal out wide.  Not the usual hit and hope approach up the middle.

If I'm not imagining it, then well played Pards, we've got so many good quality players, it seems a shame to waste them.

He spoke about keeping the ball in his post match interview. Said something along the lines of it being one of our issues last year and something we'll been looking to improve this year. Nice to hear.

He spoke about keeping the ball in his post match interview. Said something along the lines of it being one of our issues last year and something we'll been looking to improve this year. Nice to hear.

:thup:

I believe our problems in that area were more to do with individual players than tactics, but still excellent to hear Pards is working on it.

May be gigs

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7928472/Pardew-No-Toon-progress

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has admitted the Magpies are no closer to bringing any of their key transfer targets to St James' Park this summer.

Pardew is looking to build on last season's impressive fifth place finish and is keen to bolster his ranks with the added games that their forthcoming Europa League challenge will bring.

FC Twente defender Douglas and Lille's France international full-back Mathieu Debuchy are both on the radar of the North East outfit as they aim to bolster their backline.

And Liverpool striker Andy Carroll remains another possible addition this summer, with the Magpies having seen their initial attempt to re-sign the England international on loan rebuffed.

But Pardew has admitted that all deals which Newcastle are involved in discussions over are currently deadlocked as the respective parties wrangle over money.

No agreement

"There's no real progress," Pardew told The Chronicle. "The two clubs need to make an agreement on the finance side about the players we're talking about.

"Unfortunately, there's no agreement at the moment."

Meanwhile, striker Papiss Cisse returned to action in Saturday's pre-season friendly draw with Fenerbahce in Austria and drew praise from his manager.

Pardew said: "I always intended to give Papiss a little bit, but I'm winding back on him more than building up with him because, as he showed, he's ready to go.

"He had a great couple of efforts. A couple of turns were exceptional."