OFFICIAL WELCOME TO NUFC Mr PARDEW THREAD.

Crumpy Gunt

This has got to be the one issue that has united the board together more than anything before it, but of course you can count on Crumpy to identify what the popular opinion is and then set him self up to oppose it.

If we all had a thread saying 'Paedophilia is wrong', you'd start arguing how it's not so bad really as the kids might enjoy it.

I haven't said anything other than lets not crucify him until he's earned the right to be crucified. He might be a complete disaster from day 1 or h might just be average or indeed it might in time be viewed as a masterstroke by Ashley.

I personally think he'll be a disaster - but let him at least have his chance now he's apparently got the job. Is that not plain old common sense?

I agree tbh. Just right now everyone is fuked off at the way Hughton as been treated and that Pardew isn't a step up at all, not even sideways, while a lot see Ashley & co plotting with Pardew and some will never forgive that.

People were the same when Hughton was appointed, felt he wasn't good enough for the club but he did a great job at getting us back in the prem. This time round though too much baggage as a character and the circumstances surrounding his appointment means no one will see it like that until the rage clears, and I doubt it will.

For me, at some point I have to listen to my conscience here.  Pardew is bad enough.  But how he came in...on the wave of an apparent coup tells me that this is a man with absolutely no class, now ungainfully employed by man with equally no class.  This is the footballing equivalent of the Bush administration installing their own puppets in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Alan, I know you're one of Ashleys lads, and I know your popular in our board room, but please feel free to remove Cashley's cock from your mouth when you give your first press conference.

...but after you've punched yourself in the jaw. :thup:

Alan, I know you're one of Ashleys lads, and I know your popular in our board room, but please feel free to remove Cashley's cock from your mouth when you give your first press conference.

...but after you've punched yourself in the jaw. :thup:

:thup:

This has got to be the one issue that has united the board together more than anything before it, but of course you can count on Crumpy to identify what the popular opinion is and then set him self up to oppose it.

If we all had a thread saying 'Paedophilia is wrong', you'd start arguing how it's not so bad really as the kids might enjoy it.

I haven't said anything other than lets not crucify him until he's earned the right to be crucified. He might be a complete disaster from day 1 or h might just be average or indeed it might in time be viewed as a masterstroke by Ashley.

I personally think he'll be a disaster - but let him at least have his chance now he's apparently got the job. Is that not plain old common sense?

Fuck me, I agree with Crumpy.

I don't agree that we have to 'welcome Mr Pardew'...

However, as supporters of this club we need to think of our future - if we are to go down again this season, we are going to struggle to make it back.

Avoiding relegation is still easily achievable and we need to make sure we get behind the players to help them do this, its not their fault this prat is making the wrong decisions. Along with Chris they've worked hard to get us where we are now and they have proved that they can keep us up!

Forget Ashley

Forget Lambias

Forget Pardew

and let's get a result on saturday...

Ha'way the Lads

I see where Grumpy stupid miserable crazy b****** C*** is coming from, but the way Pardew has ended up with job makes me sick and makes me want to detest the man from the beginning rather than get behind him, regardless of what negative impact that might have.

Grumpy stupid miserable crazy b****** C***, on the other hand is not bothered at all how Pardew has got the job since he was more than happy for Hughton to get the boot in the first place, hence he's willing to back him regardless of how useless the man is likely to be.

Shit, what makes it worse is that NE5 and Howaythelads were dead on, at least with regards to Ashley.  The fact that they were Shephard apologists par excellence nearly counteracts this, but f$ck me, there are entities out there who are worse than Satan, scientologists and Joseph Smith.

The true Law of Attraction  -----> wish for Shephard out, and you get Ashley.  Wish for gold, and you get a gilded boot to the nuts.

I see where Grumpy stupid miserable crazy b****** C*** is coming from, but the way Pardew has ended up with job makes me sick and makes me want to detest the man from the beginning rather than get behind him, regardless of what negative impact that might have.

Grumpy stupid miserable crazy b****** C***, on the other hand is not bothered at all how Pardew has got the job since he was more than happy for Hughton to get the boot in the first place, hence he's willing to back him regardless of how useless the man is likely to be.

I'd have much preferred it to be someone else.

Guest Brazilianbob

How many times does a manager have to fail before he becomes unemployable.  Pardew has failed three times now, yet Ashley and Llambias seem to have overlooked the fact that no other EPL club would touch Pardew with a barge pole.  It's not rocket science to predict that he will crash and burn at NUFC unfortunately that means we will crash and burn too, but at least it won't cost the club much in compo eh.  Maybe thats the plan, keep chopping and changing crappy managers on results only contracts until we find one who actually manages to achieve something at the club.

bollocks to that, why should we welcome this weasel to our club when he's been happy to play along with the underhanded tactics to remove Hughton, and why should we be willing to accept this appointment is a step up from Hughton when all he has ever managed to do with a Premiership team is take them down, TWICE! Useless, hopeless appointment and an insult to Hughton and the work he has done with the club. Pardew will never be welcome and will NEVER get my support, end of...

Well obviously, but you're more than willing to give him a chance due to the fact you wanted Hughton to go anyway - whereas everybody else is against him from the off purely on principle.

Your and my principles mean fuck all mate. Those with principles will have the courage of their convictions and not go back.

Enough of this negativity.

Bizarro world, twilight zone &c.

:laugh:

Nothing as bizarre as slaughtering the bloke before he's even earned the right to be slaughtered. And yes, I like most have grave reservations  but - give him a f***ing chance.

He has already earned the negativity by default when he accepted to negotiate and agree a contract behind Hughton's back. Shows you what kind of people Pardew and Ashley are. f*** the lot of them. This time, Pardew is guilty until proven innocent. He will have to earn the support.

What exactly did Hughton do to 'earn the right to be slaughtered' btw? Lose some matches?

I predict it won't be long before Crumpy is slaughtering Pardew using that logic. Ridiculous lack of context.