Deathwatch: When will Pardew be sacked?

CaliMag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We all know he's not going to see out 5.5 years of his contract, so the main question is if he gets sick of the abuse and we get rid of him for free before Ashley decides he's a hairs breadth from catastrophe and makes another panic sacking and we have to give him a big wad of cash.

80:

I don't think Pardew is thick. I think he is arrogant (not always a bad thing, in fact mandatory for a good manager). His arrogance that he can make it work with the fans and the players when in fact it is well beyond his, or just about anyone's, ability.

RE: Ashley - I think he just got stuck with us. He doesn't want to sell for less than what he thinks NUFC are worth (stubborn), but I don't think he wants to keep us either.

Well, Ashley's certainly bedding in in a manner that'll let him stay here if we let him and no one makes him an offer for the club he likes. And I'll make a point here which might show why I'm concerned - I think his plan is a good one, and that he's only going to want more money for the club in the future. So long as there's enough money coming through the gates to cover wages, he can hold this club down forever, and then like one of those extremophile bacteria start finding ways improve his margins and make pure profit wherever something better than the worst possible outcome takes place.

The weak point? Us. Our money. He doesn't need our love but he really needs our money. And we can keep it from him, and if we do that, the rest of the plan collapses real quick. The club will haemmorage money and he'll need rid asap. What comes after that? Honestly, I don't think there could possibly be anything worse than this. If we accept this treatment we'll be third class and uncomplaining rape victims.

Re: Pardew, yeah, like I say, I can definitely go along with him being arrogant enough to think he'll prove to the football community that he's a good football manager who deserves a proper job elsewhere. But that'd mean him leaving of his own volition, not being sacked...

I don't think you've quite caught up with the fact that the game has changed here, quite a bit. A mackem victory no longer holds the same currency, Pardew would be more than safe. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to discover Ashley derived some pleasure himself from watching Toon fans get irate about it.

Yes, laughing at us. Laughing at us for paying him to watch something upsetting.

What't the actual point of a 5.5 year contract if they've agreed that there's no compensation btw? Just saves em negotiating new contracts? Actually, maybe I've stumbled across something here - was Ashley pissed off that Hughton was reaching the end of his deal and asking for proper wages and more managerial control, and didn't want to be in that situation again?

Again, I dunno why I bother theorising about this shit as it always assumes there's any logic at play. Tbh I think the reason for the long contract is just for the sake of another kick in the bollocks for the fans at the end of a terrible week, but who knows.

5 and a half seems a bit arbitrary if they can cancel it. May as well said it was an eleventeen year one.

Even if there is a clause, I'm sure he'd still be entitled to a pay-out. Otherwise it's meaningless, and goes against everything a contract is. Unless any clause is performance-based? I dunno, but then he'd be fucking mad to sign it.

Well they stated that making really good money will be purely performance based. I suppose that's the only point of the contract really, just promising Partridge extra money if he meets/exceeds expectations. God knows what the fat twatbag's expectations are these days though.

April or end of the season (voted April).

Think by April he'll have shagged something he shouldn't have, hope its Mike Ashley's homemade sweet apple pie, with Ashley eating it wondering what the special sauce inside is.

April or end of the season (voted April).

Think by April he'll have shagged something he shouldn't have, hope its Mike Ashley's homemade sweet apple pie, with Ashley eating it wondering what the special sauce inside is.

http://labradoodle-dogs.net/wp-content/uploads/Labrador_Retriever.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8092/alanpardew006.jpg

http://mindovamatta.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/roy-keane.jpg

?