Birmingham v Newcastle Pre-Match Thread - rearranged for Tuesday 15th February

Ameritoon

Fucking joke how any game in the top league is called off when the Championship has games going ahead.

Not really, match wasn't called off because a Premier League team's pitch was unplayable, but given the deluge of snow that fell in such a short space of time and it being a stadium right in the middle of England's "second city" (with a very popular city centre shopping complex, the weekend before Xmas) - it was called off for safety reasons.

Was always going to be called off when the volume of snow was so great  this morning. The Chelsea situation is very different and Coventry's stadium is in a shithole and out of town, serviced by major (gritted) roads.

Not strictly correct that.

Nowt he says is.

I'm just miffed that you've not started a thread about me to try and draw attention to yourself yet :(

EDIT:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,73040.msg2678890.html#msg2678890

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,72595.msg2634884.html#msg2634884

:thup:

???????????????? 

So p***ed off about it. But what can you do? :(

We'd just got to Lichfield, there wasn't even an ich of snow on the ground. Maybe 1cm at most and the games was off. Absolutely fuming. £30 down the drain for somebody who doesn't work around Christmas time isn't an easy bullet to bite like :/

Dunno if i can be arsed to trek down there again on a Wednesday night. Fuck sake man!!!

Hand jobs from a lass, would (MUCH) rather do it myself.

Aye totally disagree, wor lass is a master in sausage handling. One begs to ask the question though "Where the fuck did she learn that?".

Or "come to think of it, that IS an Adam's apple".

;)

Anyone have any thoughts when this game will be rearranged for? Have a nasty feeling it will fall right in the middle of the Jan exams which will means i'll have to get rid of my ticket.

The club will give you a refund if you can't go.

If you're spending that kind of money, the match ought to be just one of many reasons for coming over tbh. Lost count of the number of times I've been up where the match has been the shittest part, and that only costs me about £40 in travel etc.

You're travelling from Leeds, not South Korea, tbf. Would be shit travelling that lenght to see your team and when you arrive you get told the match is off. :lol:

Was thinking on the way back tonight how annoying this postponement is/was. They're shite, and on the back of the Liverpool game it was a really good chance to pick up something, reducing the pressure going into City at SJP and Spurs away. Pissed off that the weather (or overzealous H&S judgements) will probably be detrimental to us over the Christmas break, a really important period.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Was thinking on the way back tonight how annoying this postponement is/was. They're s****, and on the back of the Liverpool game it was a really good chance to pick up something, reducing the pressure going into City at SJP and Spurs away. Pissed off that the weather (or overzealous H&S judgements) will probably be detrimental to us over the Christmas break, a really important period.

My thoughts exactly.

Oh, and we know Ranger was in line to start after a good cameo against Liverpool. Who knows, if he'd done well he might have started against City also, avoiding the formation and lineup changes we saw today...

All speculation and who knows what would have happened but it only serves to annoy me more, thinking 'what if'. :angry:

Guest Geordie Magpie

Was thinking on the way back tonight how annoying this postponement is/was. They're s****, and on the back of the Liverpool game it was a really good chance to pick up something, reducing the pressure going into City at SJP and Spurs away. Pissed off that the weather (or overzealous H&S judgements) will probably be detrimental to us over the Christmas break, a really important period.

My sentiments entirely. Was well peed off when they postponed it, and all for what, a bit of snow? We've played home matches in worse conditions than that.

We can only guess what could have been had it not been postponed, we'll just have to wait and see if it was a good or bad thing for us. Doesn't stop my total and utter peed off-ness however.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

thats 2 postponed fixtures on the trot for Birmingham, and 2 rearranged games for more hectic times later in the season. I imagine they are also peed off immensely. Look on the bright side, HBA might be avbailable for the rearranged fixture!

Don't think Hatem will even kick a ball until the end of January