The Sir Alex Ferguson Appreciation Thread

Optimistic Nut

Not the most popular bloke granted, but what a great manager. I like him personally. When you see other managers fall behind with how football has changed, he's adapted his own style over the years and is still the best by a mile. Has changed from the disciplinarian from the Robson, Keane, Hughes days, etc. to the one who'll put his arm round the shoulders of the likes of Ronaldo, Berbatov & Rooney to get them to perform.

100% legend and imo, the best manager ever.

One of the worlds greatest managers of all time, and seems a nice guy. Bobby loved him and if he gets Bobby's seal of approval he's good enough for me to like.

Loved the way he handled Rooney back in the transfer request saga, some real game playing by the wily old man.

Was one of the greatest, if not the greatest, managers to grace the Premier League.

Think he's losing it now like. Should retire now IMO.

I think they will be pretty fucked when he goes tbh. Just looking at the squad, obviously there are some very good players but he is certainly getting the most out of some decent/average ones too imo.

Was one of the greatest, if not the greatest, managers to grace the Premier League.

I think they will be pretty f***ed when he goes tbh. Just looking at the squad, obviously there are some very good players but he is certainly getting the most out of some decent/average ones too imo.

I agree, but therein lies the problem. A squad of decent/average players - how much did he pay for Anderson? £18m or something?

Gone are the days when Man U are feared - anyone can go up against them and expect to get a result - their terrible away form early in the season for eg. 

Aye, having a poor season. Top of the league and unbeaten, pah, the senile old fool.

Aye but they're unbeaten in Europe with the tightest defence in the competition. Fergie out tbh.

On the serious side some of his recent transfers have been debatable at best - Bebe for example. Going to be a big pre-season for them in the summer as I think they need strengthening through the spine of the first team.

I prefer Wenger, but Ferguson is incredible. His tribute for SBR was better than anyone's.

I also think Wenger is brilliant but he frustrates me a little, it has been claimed many times that the money is there to be spent but he doesn't seem to want to use it to give them that extra little push. He seems adamant to develop a winning squad almost from scratch than spend that little more to push them on.

Also his failure to get a decent keeper in, I know it's really down to a scouting network but as the manager he needs to make sure he has the right people in to identify these players.