Off the Beaten Track Players

Vinny Green Balls

i'll follow Nixons lead and pick a team....

SRNICEK

NADAL      SAMMER    ALBERT       

SOLANO  REDONDO  JUNINHO (lyon one)  EDER

RUI COSTA

SAVICEVIC  HUGO SANCHEZ   

When I was a nipper, Denis Law.

My old man isn't really into footy anymore but he never stops ranting and raving about how good Denis Law was.

He's right. I thought of nominating him myself but I wasn't sure he met the criteria.

I'm trying to think of a modern equivilent to give you youngsters a guide, but I don't there is one.

My old man isn't really into footy anymore but he never stops ranting and raving about how good Denis Law was.

He's right. I thought of nominating him myself but I wasn't sure he met the criteria.

I'm trying to think of a modern equivilent to give you youngsters a guide, but I don't there is one.

Gareth Bale? Marc Overmars? only better and for a longer sustained period?

Gareth Bale? Marc Overmars? only better and for a longer sustained period?

No, nothing like.

There were two characteristics of Denis Law that stick in the memory. Firstly, despite being quite slim and of average height, he was very good in the air and his headers were more like shots.

Secondly, the ball would often come to him at an awkward angle or height and he'd somehow manage to twist his body into all sorts of weird shapes that would enable him to hit a powerful shot first time. He would score from all sorts of situations where you wouldn't have thought it was possible to even get a shot in. He had a fantastic ability to improvise.

Those who saw him will know exactly what I mean.

Denilson....the one who moved to Real Betis for think it was a world record fee around 25 million I think?He was a flop with them,but I loved watching him play he was totally unpredicatable he had some crazy skills,not always productive but he was entertaining to watch

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Enrico Chiesa

Djalminha

Florin Raducioiu - pre West Ham

Stephan Chapuisat

Claudio Caniggia

Dmitri Kharine

Trackie bottoms out!