Newcastle 1 - 3 Man City - 26/12/2010 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 15

Andy

It's amazing. Ashley could round up thousands of Geordies, feed them a handful of old rice a day, and toss them into the Killing Fields. The bedsheet brigade would appear for a game or two before everything dies down into a state of resignation.

This is why there were only three slave revolts in the history of Rome.

What are your proposals then?

Not to support the team, obviously.

coming from someone that advocates booing based on results and not effort or performances. the mind boggles.

Don't remember ever saying that like.

oh come on, your comments in the Fulham match thread were very much in that vain. you can't be a soopafan who supports through thick and thin AND try and justify your booing a draw of a newly promoted team sitting in 7th. well you can if you want but you don't have much credibility.

It wasn't result based, it was performance based. We weren't good enough, and West Ham's performance against Fulham yesterday highlighted exactly that - it shattered the idea on this forum that Fulham were this great team that we handled well - they were there for the taking and we didn't want it enough.

As far the whole booing thing, that's after the match. Before or after the match, you can say/do/protest whatever you want, but from the 1st minute to the last, support the team rather than these pathetic Ashley chants.

so you'd boo if we played badly and got a decent result then?

booing a draw against anyone is drastically missing the bigger picture when we've just been promoted and we're 7th in the league, but this is just re-hashing an old argument that we'll never see eye to eye on i reckon.

i agree the ashley chants wont achieve anything, but the ultimate pathetic act is giving the bloke your money in the first place.

No I wouldn't boo after a decent result/poor performance, but that's the point - I don't think it was a decent enough result. They were there for the taking and we failed to grab it with both hands, and West Ham showed yesterday just how poor Fulham are when pushed.

But aye, it's an old argument and completely irrelevant to this thread, so there's no point in carrying it on.

That's the point I was trying to make with the original post that you quoted - we're stuck in a hard place here. People buying tickets for the match, buying replica shirts etc. aren't necessarily doing so to put money in Ashley's pockets. It's our aim to support the team and the club (otherwise we wouldn't be supporters), if we go out of our way to stop putting money in Ashley's pocket, we'll start harming the team be it through support in the stands, or money into the coffers. Ashley is stubborn, and will probably hold on a lot longer than the club could cling on for.

If we put our hands in our pockets, we hand it to Ashley. If we don't, we starve the club. It's a tough one.

It's amazing.  Ashley could round up thousands of Geordies, feed them a handful of old rice a day, and toss them into the Killing Fields.  The bedsheet brigade would appear for a game or two before everything dies down into a state of resignation. 

coming from someone that advocates booing based on results and not effort or performances. the mind boggles.

oh come on, your comments in the Fulham match thread were very much in that vain. you can't be a soopafan who supports through thick and thin AND try and justify your booing a draw of a newly promoted team sitting in 7th. well you can if you want but you don't have much credibility.

It wasn't result based, it was performance based. We weren't good enough, and West Ham's performance against Fulham yesterday highlighted exactly that - it shattered the idea on this forum that Fulham were this great team that we handled well - they were there for the taking and we didn't want it enough.

As far the whole booing thing, that's after the match. Before or after the match, you can say/do/protest whatever you want, but from the 1st minute to the last, support the team rather than these pathetic Ashley chants.

booing a draw against anyone is drastically missing the bigger picture when we've just been promoted and we're 7th in the league, but this is just re-hashing an old argument that we'll never see eye to eye on i reckon.

i agree the ashley chants wont achieve anything, but the ultimate pathetic act is giving the bloke your money in the first place.

No I wouldn't boo after a decent result/poor performance, but that's the point - I don't think it was a decent enough result. They were there for the taking and we failed to grab it with both hands, and West Ham showed yesterday just how poor Fulham are when pushed.

But aye, it's an old argument and completely irrelevant to this thread, so there's no point in carrying it on.

That's the point I was trying to make with the original post that you quoted - we're stuck in a hard place here. People buying tickets for the match, buying replica shirts etc. aren't necessarily doing so to put money in Ashley's pockets. It's our aim to support the team and the club (otherwise we wouldn't be supporters), if we go out of our way to stop putting money in Ashley's pocket, we'll start harming the team be it through support in the stands, or money into the coffers. Ashley is stubborn, and will probably hold on a lot longer than the club could cling on for.

If we put our hands in our pockets, we hand it to Ashley. If we don't, we starve the club. It's a tough one.

it'd be interesting to hear someone with decent knowledge of finances comment on how starving the club of cash would affect it, and ashley in turn. i happen to think that if the club was losing money weekly, on massive scale that he'd cut his losses.

It's amazing.  Ashley could round up thousands of Geordies, feed them a handful of old rice a day, and toss them into the Killing Fields.  The bedsheet brigade would appear for a game or two before everything dies down into a state of resignation. 

it'd be interesting to hear someone with decent knowledge of finances comment on how starving the club of cash would affect it, and ashley in turn. i happen to think that if the club was losing money weekly, on massive scale that he'd cut his losses.

Unfortunately if that was the case, he'd have jump shipped after relegation.

not when he can still rely on 40k plus turning up every week?

But I imagine we were making massive losses considering the revenue difference between Championship and Premier League - surely more loss than losing a couple of seats and burger sales every week?

Considering Ashley's overall wealth I don't see a few less pints being supped at SJP or a few less replica shirts being sold forcing him to the brink of starvation. It would simply mean less revenue to the football business and therefore less for the football business to spend.

The booing and protest chanting provides a blurred image of the real crowd feelings. A couple of thousand booing or chanting in a crowd of 50K is noisy enough and usually reported by the media as "Newcastle fans booed their team".

The true story is that a couple of thousand booed while 48,000 didn't. Booing however makes a much better story for them.

Shit luck. Not a single ball fell kindly for us, especially when we were battering them for a period in the 2nd. Then we concede another deflection.

Think if nolan had of put his chance away could of been totally different

But I imagine we were making massive losses considering the revenue difference between Championship and Premier League - surely more loss than losing a couple of seats and burger sales every week?

oh definitely. that's why the tactic i propose only works on a massive scale, but if we stayed away, and we stayed away for as long as it took, i dont think it would take long. that said, my principals simply wont let me hand over money to ashley whilst he grins through fucking us over time after time.

s*** luck. Not a single ball fell kindly for us, especially when we were battering them for a period in the 2nd. Then we concede another deflection.

Think if nolan had of put his chance away could of been totally different

I must say like it was one of the most frustrating games I've seen in a while.

It was like NOTHING was going right, I've never been so angry watching a football match before.

Even if he wants to cut his losses, he still needs a buyer and there does not appear to be anyone interested in us.

cutting your losses is called cutting your losses because you take less than you want in order to stop losing money.

:sadnod:

If he offered the club at what it is actually worth, he'd find a buyer. It'd be less than he paid, but he'd find a buyer.

A decent performance bar those 5 minutes which has been wll doucmented so far.

City are a good side but not on the evidence they showed yesterday. Top 4 most definitely. Title contenders? No. I used to have time for the club and their fans but not after yesterday. Another side we've played wiht tactics of diving, time wasting, foul play etc. And the fans were abysmal for a side who were 2-0 up after 5 minutes.

I thought the set up of the team was all wrong. What does Ranger have to do to start? The lad has only started for us 10 times in all competitions. When will Jonas be dropped? You could play Ferguson on possibly Routledge on the left(it could work, it could fail but it's a better option than Jonas at this moment in time) Nolan has to play CM with Tiote and Barton has played his best stuff on the wing and it shows with his crossing ability.

A lot of positives but a lot of things Pardew will have to stamp out.

And apparently Sol is hated by the players and hepled in CH getting sacked for not being disciplined enough. For example he would stroll in an hour late every day.

And the fans were abysmal for a side who were 2-0 up after 5 minutes.

I think that's my biggest problem with Man City these days. From what I've seen and heard their fans have had a massive transformation to arrogant cunts who think it's their God-given right to now be challenging for the title. They don't appreciate the lucky break they've been given, they just see Chelsea who got in with a shitload of money and think they should automatically be doing it, too.

And the fans were abysmal for a side who were 2-0 up after 5 minutes.

I think that's my biggest problem with Man City these days. From what I've seen and heard their fans have had a massive transformation to arrogant c***s who think it's their God-given right to now be challenging for the title. They don't appreciate the lucky break they've been given, they just see Chelsea who got in with a shitload of money and think they should automatically be doing it, too.

Yep. It's very frustrating. I know you get 'banter' between fans etc. But when they actually started to sing...and when they sang I want to go home, Newcastle's a s***hole i nearly blew my top. Because when i went to Eastlands this year there was nowt to do, It was hoying down with rain and you were'nt allowed in any of the bars if you weren't a City fan. And the way they go on just riles me.

They are so lucky and i hate the way that club is ran. Surely they'll be f***ed under the new buying laws? But unfortunately they're going to be up there for the next 5-10 years in most probability

Guest toonlass

Totally agree. They say we are deluded, but the Citeh fans are horrible gloating twats. I will admit I am jealous. I wish we had someone who was buying us success. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at it. But the way the Citeh fans go on you wouldn't think they were in the 2nd division that long ago. I hate their attitude, I hate their arrogance, I hate the fact that they now think they are fucking wonderful because a bunch of rich Arabs have poured money into them. They are like skanky Meadowell residents who have won the lottery and who have moved to Darrass Hall, have a Porsche, a Ferrari and a Range Rover but still live like Wayne and Waynetta but look down their noses at you because they were fortunate enough to pick 6 random numbers.

Totally agree. They say we are deluded, but the Citeh fans are horrible gloating twats. I will admit I am jealous. I wish we had someone who was buying us success. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at it. But the way the Citeh fans go on you wouldn't think they were in the 2nd division that long ago. I hate their attitude, I hate their arrogance, I hate the fact that they now think they are f***ing wonderful because a bunch of rich Arabs have poured money into them. They are like skanky Meadowell residents who have won the lottery and who have moved to Darrass Hall, have a Porsche, a Ferrari and a Range Rover but still live like Wayne and Waynetta but look down their noses at you because they were fortunate enough to pick 6 random numbers.

:clap: Brilliantly put.

Sums it up blef. Scum. The lottery thing is a good way of putting it. They're the Michael Carroll of the football world. And hopefully they'll go the same way as that scabby twat did when the money dried up.

Well said, Blef.

For years though they've been harping on about their amazing loyal fanbase and how they are 'the best in the world'- which is all self claimed, the media don't bat much of an eyelid towards them- and then have the cheek to call us delusional. And as for calling Newcastle a shithole? Remember the location Maine Road was in?  :mackems:

I hate everything about MCFC.

We got in after about 3 minutes, didn't have the first idea that we got beat 3-1 and not 2-1 until we came out and I checked the other scores on my phone. Glad Tevez scored again in the end, I'd have felt a right mug coming out of the ground feeling happy with a point.

Apart from the disaster of the first five minutes, I thought we played really well, just lacked someone with the clinical efficiency like Tevez up front, though Carroll won absolutely everything in the air.

We got in after about 3 minutes, didn't have the first idea that we got beat 3-1 and not 2-1 until we came out and I checked the other scores on my phone. Glad Tevez scored again in the end, I'd have felt a right mug coming out of the ground feeling happy with a point.

Apart from the disaster of the first five minutes, I thought we played really well, just lacked someone with the clinical efficiency like Tevez up front, though Carroll won absolutely everything in the air.

:lol:

God, you must have been going fuckin nuts when we equalised and even more so as we nearly took the lead.

I asked this kid next to us that the Tevez goal was 'one-nil, right?' and couldn't believe when he said it was two. Spent the next ten minutes trying to check the scores as a result.

On a related note, O2's data network is utter shite.