Spurs vs Newcastle - Pre Match Thread - 28/12/10 3pm KO

JH

I'd rather have Smith up front than in midfield. In midfield he'll give away hundreds of free kicks, or a penalty, or he'll get sent off- at least the damage is limited up front.

Aye, in my local team we had that sort of 'tactic' as well. Play the worst player(s) up front so they won't do too much damage. :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd rather have Smith up front than in midfield. In midfield he'll give away hundreds of free kicks, or a penalty, or he'll get sent off- at least the damage is limited up front.

Aye, in my local team we had that sort of 'tactic' as well. Play the worst player(s) up front so they won't do too much damage. :lol:

:lol:

It's even more limited on the bench.

Ideally Perch will hit a 40-yarder that deflects off Smith's arse and through the goalie's legs to win the game, and then they both run off out the ground celebrating, never to be seen again.

i'm almost certain at this stage that the moment smith scores he'll vanish in a cloud of dust and yellow cards with his task complete

From soccernet.com worst players for every team analysis....

Newcastle: James Perch

Normally making history is an achievement. Not on this occasion. By being booked in each of his first five Premier League games, Perch set a record. In his sixth, meanwhile, he contrived to score a decisive own goal which was another sign that the former Nottingham Forest player was struggling to adjust to the higher division. With his defensive deficiencies increasingly apparent, it was no surprise he was swiftly dropped when Danny Simpson returned to full fitness.

Everything is shit about Smith, he can't tackle, he can't mark, he can barely pass, his positioning is poor, and furthermore, one of my pet hates with him is he doesn't even go up for corners. His only ever goal for us was a great header in a friendly, but no, he'd rather Jonas was in there. Useless fuck.

My mate is a Spurs fan, when he heard of our line-up he went and put a tenner on 5-0. I quote : "I was planning for a comfortable 2-0 but then we heard Smith was starting - that's two VdV penalties and a Bale free-kick right there". Fuck off, Pardew.

Be nice to see the smug twat's face if we do squeak a win.