Spurs vs Newcastle - Pre Match Thread - 28/12/10 3pm KO

JH

Guest Loven11

Hopefully we will play this team against them :

Krul

Simpson  Colo  Williamson  Enrique

Routledge    Barton  Tiote      Spidey

Carroll  Ranger

Don't wanna see Guthrie or Smith in Centre Mid.

Hopefully we will play this team against them :

Krul

Simpson  Colo  Williamson  Enrique

Routledge    Barton   Tiote      Spidey

Carroll   Ranger

Don't wanna see Guthrie or Smith in Centre Mid.

Agreed. I would pick Williamson because I see him as a strong character who's not afraid to make decisions. There's an air of nervousness about Taylor and Colo and they're more inclined to get stuck in no man's land. That didn't particularly show against City, but despite the scoreline, our defence didn't actually have that many attacks to deal with.

My other worry for tomorrow is that Pardew had us playing a much more high-tempo game against City, both when we had the ball and when we didn't. We put a lot into the game and may not have much left in the tank. As ohmelads has pointed out, Spurs are in a better position to freshen their side up.

Guest kingdawson

Setting off now.

Where the f*** you travelling from ?!

Few days on the hoy in London.

The great tourist attractions in this lovely city are Brixton, Peckham, New Cross and Harelsden. Id advise you to take a look at what these fantastic places have to offer.

Thinking that this would be the best we could have for this match.

Krul

Simpson-Taylor-Colo-José

Barton - Guthrie - Tiote- Jonás

Ranger  Carroll

Even though I think Routledge put in a decent performance yesterday, the fact that Bale is hot as s***, means that I would like Barton at right midfield. Not very impressed with Simpson, he should get some help covering Bale. As far as goes for Guthrie I like him more than Smith since Smith brings absolutely nothing forward, he's a very poor mans Tiote - and wouldn't want two of a kind in there. As many have said, Jonás is playing very bad at the moment, but the alternatives have yet to be seen. And now you simply have to give Ranger that start. Again yesterday he brought a whole lot to the game when he arrived as Carroll had been fighting all alone all day until the sub of Ranger. Immediately he brought something dangerous to the game - we need more of that.

Setting off now.

Where the f*** you travelling from ?!

Few days on the hoy in London.

The great tourist attractions in this lovely city are Brixton, Peckham, New Cross and Harelsden. Id advise you to take a look at what these fantastic places have to offer.

lewisham is also extremely beautiful this time of year.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Simpson-Taylor-Colo-José

Ranger  Carroll

Even though I think Routledge put in a decent performance yesterday, the fact that Bale is hot as s***, means that I would like Barton at right midfield. Not very impressed with Simpson, he should get some help covering Bale. As far as goes for Guthrie I like him more than Smith since Smith brings absolutely nothing forward, he's a very poor mans Tiote - and wouldn't want two of a kind in there. As many have said, Jonás is playing very bad at the moment, but the alternatives have yet to be seen. And now you simply have to give Ranger that start. Again yesterday he brought a whole lot to the game when he arrived as Carroll had been fighting all alone all day until the sub of Ranger. Immediately he brought something dangerous to the game - we need more of that.

Guthrie would be equally as bad as Smith in all honesty.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We've had some good results at Spurs in the past. The 3-2 with that Martins rocket shot, the 4-1. I think we'll do well.

Shock win here, 3-1 Newcastle.

Enrique, Tiote and Ranger to cap an emphatic display in front of the most vile set of supporters bar the mackems.

Wouldn't get in the top twenty. Horrible,horrible part of London but that's about it.

Have you been to Brum,Stoke,Leicester,Man City,Cardiff,Boro,Millwall etc etc ?

Krul

Simpson-Taylor-Colo-José

Ranger  Carroll

I agree that they're both s***, but I think Guthrie has more to offer on the attacking part of our game. More quality in the passing game, where Smith is simply an overaggressive defensive midfielder. Would rather be without both of them in the starting 11, but don't think that Routledge has what it takes to help control Bale.

That being said I think Pardew will stay with Routledge, and then I hope for Ranger upfront.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Simpson-Taylor-Colo-José

Ranger  Carroll

I agree that they're both s***, but I think Guthrie has more to offer on the attacking part of our game. More quality in the passing game, where Smith is simply an overaggressive defensive midfielder. Would rather be without both of them in the starting 11, but don't think that Routledge has what it takes to help control Bale.

That being said I think Pardew will stay with Routledge, and then I hope for Ranger upfront.

The thing about Guthrie is, this season at least, he isn't even an attacking midfielder. Against Chelsea and West Brom, he sat so deep, rarely getting into the opposition half.

This is what I would do:

----------------Krul-------------------

Simpson--Willi----Saylor-----Enrique

Barton----Colo----Tiote----Jonas

-------------Ranger---Carrol----

Put colo into midfield and give Tiote a bit more licence. Don't want Guthrie any where near the midfield, waste of space and too slow for the Prem.

Could get tonked here if we aren't careful. I would load the midfield and if things go well go two up later on.

I've got this down as an away win.

What changed overnight? ;)

Got some penicillin for my ear infection and some ear drops which has lightened the mood somewhat, if not the throbbing.  :lol:

Guest Geordie Magpie

Just can't see us winning this. :( I just have that f***ing feeling. We'll be shafted by the douche in black or Jermaine Jenas will score with his bum from the halfway line or some s*** like that.

Unfortunately I think we're going to get a right old bumming in this one.

5-1 home win.

Got to say I agree with you both,  unfortunately can't see us having a win with this match, I predict a 3-2 win to Spurs.

Nowt like having faith in your club is there!! :D