Spurs vs Newcastle - Pre Match Thread - 28/12/10 3pm KO

JH

Guest Geordie Magpie

Is Shola back btw?

I read yesterday he was gonna miss it.

I hope.

Can't say I was hoping for his hamstring to magically get better tbh :lol: Nolan is going to miss it as well.

And Spurs haven't got Defoe either.

Guest optimistic nit

i'd be more comfortable with Barton on the right, but that would mean one of the unthinkables (smith, guthrie) playing in the middle.

Agree with this regarding Barton. Could be time to gamble with Vuckik if he's still looking sharp in training, as routledge offers next to nothing. Barton has been a revelation on the right and should have started there today with Ranger up top. Smith is poor, Guthrie has also been equally disapointingly poor this season when given the oppourtunity.

Harper/Krul

Simpson    Taylor/Wili  Colo   Enrique

Barton    Vuckik      Tiote     Jonas

Ranger    Carroll   

Krul, Taylor/Wili, Kadar, Smith, Guthrie, Routledge, Best

Simpson i've knocked in the past but has done well since he's been back. Now comes a really tough test for him in the shape of Bale. Bale could really rip him to shreds. He'd do better with Barton on the right covering imo

so you'd start vuckic ahead of guthrie or smith AWAY to spurs? :lol: i'd play guthrie in the centre personally, dont really know what he's done to justify the amount of criticism he's getting in this thread.

Hopefully we will play this team against them :

Krul

Simpson  Colo  Williamson  Enrique

Routledge    Barton   Tiote      Spidey

Carroll   Ranger

Don't wanna see Guthrie or Smith in Centre Mid.

I hope that we do go with that as our starting 11.

Guest Stephen927

It's the full backs who go face to face with Bale that get done time and time again by him. Simpson has got to be clever and give him a bit of space so Bale can't get to the byline, and the centre half and central midfielder need to be in positions to then take on the responsibility. It's all about forcing Bale to go central.

It's the full backs who go face to face with Bale that get done time and time again by him. Simpson has got to be clever and give him a bit of space so Bale can't get to the byline, and the centre half and central midfielder need to be in positions to then take on the responsibility. It's all about forcing Bale to go central.

I agree, but if we were to do that we'd no doubt stand off and stand off and let him unleash piledrivers or crosses from deep which he's more than capable of.

And then there's Van der Vaart...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We need to go and attack them, cause them problems and get on the front foot, if we want to get anything from the game. 4-4-2 please, get Ranger buzzing about off Carroll, Barton and Tiote in midfield, Routledge wide right

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Wigan and Stoke have managed exactly that in the last year.

Probably Coloccini's if he keeps turning his back on play

Sorry? :lol:

I believe he quoted the wrong post :lol:

Wigan and Stoke have managed exactly that in the last year.

Probably Coloccini's if he keeps turning his back on play

Sorry? :lol:

:lol: Knew that would anger you.

For me, he turned his back on the third goal against City, hence the ball went in off his back. It's not a new thing with him, he quite often does it. I seem to remember Shearer bring it up on MOTD after we got beat at West Ham in the relegation season and I've looked out for it since.

EDIT: That and I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote this:

We don't get enough luck to be able to do that. They'll probably score via a backside.

I agree, but if we were to do that we'd no doubt stand off and stand off and let him unleash piledrivers or crosses from deep which he's more than capable of.

And then there's Van der Vaart...

That's usually what Simpson does.