Spurs vs Newcastle - Pre Match Thread - 28/12/10 3pm KO

JH

With this game being so soon after the last, I assume if Spurs appeal Defoe's red he'll be allowed to play this?

Thought this as soon as it happened.  FA won't be open to sort out the appeal so I'd say almost certainly.  They surely will appeal cos it wasn't a red.

i've got to agree with Ronaldo, certain games you need to play 451 and Man City are one of those games,  mainly due to how they play.  they have De Jong, Barry and Yaya in the middle along with Milner and Silva who drops off and floats around everywhere and then you have Tevez who although playing as the striker also comes deep.  You can't expect to play just two central midfielders as they'd be completely over run.

Could get tonked here if we aren't careful. I would load the midfield and if things go well go two up later on.

:sadnod:

Flood the middle of the park to deny them possession and space is the way to go. They're much better than us but cutting their supply down is the key to getting a result. Don't think we will like.  :undecided:

Im scared of VDV and Bale we need too watch them all match with man markers i'd go with :

Krul

Simpson Willo Colo Jose

Tiote

Routledge Barton Jonas

Carroll Ranger

If we had a decent sub winger i'd replace Jonas, cant tell if hes injured, burned out or just shit.

Two games in three days will work in Spurs' advantage as they have much more squad depth than us. Just look at their bench against Villa: Bassong, Corluka, Jenas, Kranjcar, Pavlyuchenko, Crouch. That's 6 players they can bring in who will be fresh legs.

You look at our bench and who can you bring in? Williamson and Ranger fair enough, but beyond that you worry. Smith? Guthrie? Perch? Best? None have done anything all season. We can either field a weakened but fresh team or field some leggy players.

For that reason I think we have to pack the midfield and go there to frustrate them.

Two games in three days will work in Spurs' advantage as they have much more squad depth than us. Just look at their bench against Villa: Bassong, Corluka, Jenas, Kranjcar, Pavlyuchenko, Crouch. That's 6 players they can bring in who will be fresh legs.

You look at our bench and who can you bring in? Williamson and Ranger fair enough, but beyond that you worry. Smith? Guthrie? Perch? Best? None have done anything all season. We can either field a weakened but fresh team or field some leggy players.

For that reason I think we have to pack the midfield and go there to frustrate them.

Guthrie has done something.

He gave up in the game at West brom.

Never want to see him play again after that.