Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Removing all of their posts is easy and already a function. I've never bothered with the cookie policy thing, not bothered about this new one either. That is unless thomas grasses on us like.

:lol:

GDPR is big on opt-ins, like. But if everything is in Terms accepted on login or a condition of using the site then that's enough. Cookie Policy is also a big one but looks like there are only 2 on here anyway and they both look like Necessary ones. So that'd be nowt. I'm guessing you or whoever else would have to do very little. Be surprised if you're not supplied templates you may want to edit or SMF just place whatever is needed on to cover.

Removing all of their posts is easy and already a function. I've never bothered with the cookie policy thing, not bothered about this new one either. That is unless thomas grasses on us like.

giphy.gif

What's gan on?

We moved to a different webhost, then migrated to a different server solution.

So?

So there are a number of things that were set up on our previous server that were lost due to the move. Migration has allowed us to set it up again.

But why all the issues?

0RvTTXd.jpg

Replying is really slow and laggy, e.g. the cursor can't keep up with my typing.

This appears to be a Chrome problem, and nothing to do with the forum other than an unfortunate coincidence. Ensure your Chrome is up to date (Help -> About Google Chrome), I'm on version 65.0.3325.162 with no issues, and others have reported an update resolves the problem.

Why is Tapatalk really slow?

Dunno. I've tried reinstalling the forum plugin and checking the permissions etc, and everything at Tapatalk's end is fine. Looking on their support forum suggests this is related to us moving server, as other people have reported similar issues. Not much else I can do at the moment I'm afraid, other to suggest trying our mobile theme instead. Get to that here: https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?thememode=mobile;redirect=https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/

What else could go wrong?

I will be playing with settings over the coming days and weeks so there may be intermittent downtime. I'll try to keep it to late in the evening though, might even avoid weekends as apparently that is when football is mostly played. At the weekend.

I'm having a problem not mentioned above.

Please post your issue in here. And don't just put 'it's broken'. :lol: Include what you doing, what platform you're on and any error messages etc you see.

Cheers.

Guest neesy111

Do a ping to N-O mate, does the IP end 210?

Nope.

I can change me hosts file to point it to a new ip address.

Guest neesy111

Nope.

Is that what you've done though?

Nope.

You can change your windows hosts file to ensure a domain goes to a certain IP address to ensure that the site is running on that IP fine before migrating over.

Nope.

Nope.

You can change your windows hosts file to ensure a domain goes to a certain IP address to ensure that the site is running on that IP fine before migrating over.

Aye but I've done that. If you haven't, and you're still pinging the old server, how are you posting to this database? :lol:

Guest neesy111

Nope.

Nope.

Aye but I've done that. If you haven't, and you're still pinging the old server, how are you posting to this database? :lol:

Are they sharing the same DB connection to the same server?

Edit:  FlushDns command has pinged the new server.