Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

We're going to win this one..  I think the Pardew factor will mean we turn over our share of equal and lesser teams.. but lose to most of the big teams.. opposite to Hughton really.

:harry:

Let me clarify, I'd hate to think I was responsible for your blepharospasm. It appears that we will be playing more direct football under Pardew, this may well leave us more exposed to counters and patient football - such as many of the better teams play so effectively. Alternativley our increased desire to attack may result in beating the poorer teams we've already succumbed to this season. I tried to condense all of this into a rather tongue in cheek observation called the 'Pardew factor' as I've come to realise many people on these boards won't read posts containing more than one sentence, not that I am suggesting for one moment you are one of them. Seriously I'm not. Honestly.. damn it now I have developed a blepharospasm.  :harry:

i know what you mean, when i see pardew factor though i think steven taylor, 4-5-1 and players moved about needlessly.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Is Enrique fit to play on Sunday??? Worried if not...

Krul is also turning me into a spasm, tick infested fool every time he kicks the ball...

Blubberblubblubberbeulerubelruebl....

Enrique will be fit

I think we'll get at least a draw if we pick the right players. We have players who can produce under pressure like Carroll, Nolan and Barton. That might be the difference between the two teams on Sunday.

Was thinking about our form down there since they came up so checked it out.

Mags @ Latics:

2008/09 lost 1-2 Guthrie

2007/08 lost 0-1

2006/07 lost 0-1

2005/06 lost 0-1 (LC)

2005/06 lost 0-1

Got to be due a win, surely!!!

Got a bad feeling about this one, we never seem to beat teams we should be beating, and regardless of your detailed explanation, ye of blepharospasm, the Pardew factorino is still up in the air. We'll have to see what his much spoken-of 'direct' style entails -- keeping the ball on deck and passing or lumping it forward to Carroll.

I'm fucking glad we got Arfa almost sewn up, though.