Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

I hate Wigan, the scummy bastards always beat us. This is a MUST WIN and I know our lot will show the desire.....but whether we can get it in there is a different question. Having said that, with Carroll, a goal can always come from nowhere.

Krul

Simpson    Taylor     Coloccini      Enrique

Barton        Tiote        Nolan         Jonas

Ranger     Carroll

will clearly be the team

(Bench: Harper, Willo, Perch, Routledge, Smith, Best, Ameobi)

2-2

Will clearly be the team? I hope so and fucking hope Smith stays where he's best - at home or on the bench.

Enrique back would be a big bonus as well.

Pardew'll probably send them a letter in the week asking if they can just beat us 1-0 please, sir? Cunt.

His comments on Ranger were pretty disgraceful IMO.

What did he say?

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/12/24/pardew-not-satisfied-with-nile-ranger-application/

Nothing heinous, but to say that to the press in the way he did means that Pardew would have to swallow his pride to start him. You just know Ranger won't get a game now, even if it's the best thing for the club.

Guest Tall Striker

Pardew'll probably send them a letter in the week asking if they can just beat us 1-0 please, sir? c***.

What did he say?

It's about time he sticks away one of his numerous chances, as it's costing us points?

Pardew'll probably send them a letter in the week asking if they can just beat us 1-0 please, sir? c***.

What did he say?

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/12/24/pardew-not-satisfied-with-nile-ranger-application/

Nothing heinous, but to say that to the press in the way he did means that Pardew would have to swallow his pride to start him. You just know Ranger won't get a game now, even if it's the best thing for the club.

Nice to see he's making enemies already.

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Enrique

Barton - Tiote - Nolan - Jonas

Carroll - Ranger

... please get Routledge, Taylor, Perch, Smith, Lovenkrands a fucking million miles away from the first team, where they belong.

I'm no fan of Alan F Pardew, not by any stretch... but there wasn't a great deal wrong with what he said about Ranger imo. I'd have him in the team ideally, but Ranger needs to apply himself better. If the rumours about him missing training and suchlike are true, he needs to buck his ideas up cos it's not on.

What did he say?

nothing wrong in those comments, imo.

What did he say?

Whether or not it's acceptable/wise to air his issues in the open the fact is that he has a point.

Personally he should not have spoken about the issue to the press.

What he said in itself isn't that bad. But in the situation we're in, to bring it into the press, it's a stupid thing to say. As Beren says, he won't give in and start him now, as he won't want to appear 'weak'. And we could really fucking do with him right now, as he helps the team's general play.

What did he say?

nothing wrong in those comments, imo.

For me, it's indicative of the classlessness of the guy. There's a way to manage players, especially young players and making thinly veiled swipes at Ranger isn't the best way to deal with it.

It's the reason why, I reckon, Pardew will begin to erode the team spirit and harmony which people loved under Hughton and which had a material effect on getting a partnership of Nolan, Barton and Carroll to be so potent against Sunderland etc. and encouraged fantastic shifts from players who aren't perhaps the most talented (Williamson, Simpson, Nolan etc).

Hughton's "spirited group of players", "there will be ups and downs" etc speeches may have been repetitive but it was the right way to handle matters, and he dealt with issues internally as it should be and kept the squad happy. Even his replacement of Perch with Simpson was seamless and painless.

Those set of comments alone are a small thing in the big scheme of things really, but I'm certain that the way Hughton got the squad to play for the team compensated for a lack of numbers/talent in the squad... and Pardew will take that away, and all we'll have are a few brilliant individuals (Carroll, Enrique, Tiote) and a dogshit team full of passengers/unmotivated/unhappy wantaways.

[/iMO]

Alan Smith and Peter Lovenkrands turn up to training on time...great. Just playing devil's advocate like because I agree that a pro footballer should do something as basic as turning up at a (likely) mid-morning training session. Equally I dont want to see Pardew acting all draconian in order to mark some sort of impact. I dont agree with this impact player stuff tbh. Has just shown to me that hes better for andy caroll than AC9 playing on his own