Who IS in trouble?

QBG

As we are all well aware of, the relegation picture is incredibly crowded. I just wondered who people think actually will end up in the thick of it, as some teams will breakaway as the season wears on. Currently everyone from maybe Stoke downwards is in a scrap. Here are my thoughts:

Safe

Stoke - Home form is again going to save them. Not the most attractive football, but it works.

Liverpool - Unfortunately, they ain't going nowhere. Roy if he stays will guide them to midtable but not much else. If they get someone better in they'll make Europe.

In a fight but probably safe

Blackpool - They are still due a bad spell, and it will come, but Holloway has enough to guide them through it. The equivalent of Hull in their first season.

Newcastle - This could change if we don't get at least 1 win from our next two, but we'll survive. If we do sign a striker that will help us massively and having Ben Arfa back earlier than expected could prove vital in the final run in. Goal difference is also very strong compared to the others.

Aston Villa - A bit dubious considering their current position. But they surely have enough to stay up, though those words have been said before. Due a good run.

West Brom - Defence is becoming an issue, but I rate Di Matteo and they will finally stay up playing good football.

In big trouble

Everton - Again, their league position and GD says otherwise but a side with continued lack of investment and no real proven strikers can not continue to prosper, I'm a Moyes fan but they're in a scrap. The other dross will save them though, just about.

Wigan - Nothing much in the way of creativity apart from N'zogbia and Rodallega. A difficult one to figure out, they're goal difference is a big problem for them.

Birmingham - Think they'll scrape survival. Was always going to be difficult to do as well as they did last year, but their defence is a lot better than some of the teams around them.

Fulham - Really not sure about this lot, they're on the brink, struggling to score and shipping goals at home to West Ham doesn't bode well. Really don't rate Hughes. Probably between them and Wigan for 18th.

Going Down

West Ham - Don't let recent results fool you, they're s**** and will go down. Crap defence, poor goalkeeper and not much going forward apart from Parker, Obinna and Cole. I like Grant and he deserves a better job but he won't keep them up.

Wolves - They're f***ing s****. Again don't let the Liverpool result deceive you, this lot will be the first to go. If we don't rape these 3 or 4 at SJP I'll be annoyed.

Thoughts??

The fact the table is still so closely spread is still giving me hope, but it's depressing how much we've failed this year. Everyone's pretty much in the same boat at the moment, from about 6th down. West Ham, Wigan, Fulham, Wolves, Birmingham and Blackburn are the ones in the most trouble IMO.

Also, because I'm feeling a tad pedantic - you've said you think you'll finish 6th bottom yet then name 6 teams you think will be in bigger trouble than yourselves? ???

The fact the table is still so closely spread is still giving me hope, but it's depressing how much we've failed this year. Everyone's pretty much in the same boat at the moment, from about 6th down. West Ham, Wigan, Fulham, Wolves, Birmingham and Blackburn are the ones in the most trouble IMO.

Also, because I'm feeling a tad pedantic - you've said you think you'll finish 6th bottom yet then name 6 teams you think will be in bigger trouble than yourselves? ???

Yeah I noticed that not long after :lol:  :doh:

Think all three promoted sides will survive this season.

Everton are not in trouble. Aston Villa are.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think it's silly to not appreciate how close the table is at the moment. We have to make sure we finish higher by getting our fingers out our arses; not assume we'll magically rise up the table. Fwiw, despite what's gone on so far, I still think we'll finish in the top 8.

everyone from sunderland downwards

Sunderland are not in any trouble at all.  They have 30 points already.

are stoke  in trouble 2 points behind them ? or liverpool 2 points behind them ? hell we're 3 points behind them...and all those teams have it in them to be cack on any given day.

this season could well see a record high aggregate for points of teams going down.

5 points from last 24. Only decent striker about to miss 4/6 weeks injured. Shola. Owner who wont spend.

Anyone thinks we're not in it up to our necks is seriously fooling themselves.

he will spend.....just on keeping the club going as opposed to transfers in.

Totally Safe Everton, Liverpool

Worrying Aston Villa, Blackpool, West Brom, Fulham

In the shit West Ham, Wigan, Wolves, Birmingham, Blackburn

I really wouldn't know where to put Newcastle. From a fans point of view things look bad (especially with the Carroll injury), but when you hear people talk about relegation we've never really been mentioned. So maybe from a normal perspective theres nothing to worry about and we're just panicking.

West Ham could go either way because SulliGold will probably buy loads of players, and some might pay off.

The moment the January transfer window slams shut is when I will attempt to try and put us in one of those groups. League is so tight anything could happen between now and the end of the season. Will be interesting.

Not a bad call :thup: