Wigan Athletic 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/01/11 - post match reaction from p39

Dave

Guest neesy111

You lot are being harsh on Lovenkrands, I reckon.

He's not been that bad.

The guy needs 30 chances before he takes one, as being proved today.

Lovenkrands and Ameobi have linked up well. We risk losing that if we take Lovenkrands off. He missed a chance, but he also nearly scored before Shola's tap in.

He's been decent, some people are never happy.

Can't get over that Lovenkrand's chance.

I understand trying to come back on to your strong foot if you're on the edge of the box - but from that distance? You don't even have to swing your foot - just hook your foot into the right shape and it's in.

Looked like he tried to dig it out onto his right to me & just barely moved the ball. Then tried to make more time due to the cock up & it wasnt there.

Simpson has been excellent.  :thup:

which is a good thing, because he had an awful opening few minutes. Glad he's recovered and looked really up for it since. Linking well with Barton too :thup:

He's not been that bad.

I agree but at least he's got himself in those positions today which is more than what we've seen from him in any other game this season.

To demand him to be subbed off is canny harsh.

Guest toonlass

He's not been that bad.

Shola and Guttierez have missed chances too. Should we substitute all three at once? Lovenkrands hasnt been that bad.

I can't get over why Lovenkrands (and others tbf) can be so reluctant to use their weaker foot when only a few yards out. Surely it can't be that bad man. I'm shit but I can kick the ball 6 yards with my weaker foot, they're professionals ffs. Annoys the fuck out of me.

It's been far from vintage football but its been very effective going forward. Wigan's defence is very poor and including the goal we've had 7 good chances but just the 1 goal to show for it. You get the feeling a second goal will kill them off but at 1-0 they are very much in this game. We need to keep doing what we're doing, at the rate we are creating chances we certainly deserve a second goal. Carroll would have loved some of these balls coming in. Having said that, Shola bar the shocking miss has been a problem for them. We've had a few scares at the back and Wigan have wasted a couple of big chances but we thoroughly deserve the lead at half time. Barton's delivery has been excellent.

I'd like to see Ranger on for Loven at some point.