Newcastle v West Ham, Wednesday 5th January, 7.45pm

Guest toonlass

A draw wouldn't be the worst result considering their upturn in form, but really we need to be looking at the win here

I have this nasty feeling you'll struggle. West Ham, although of course generally under pressure, may not be under as much as they were 2-3 weeks ago and will hope the Geordie faithful grow restless. That, combined with results against a similar standard of opposition this year at home means I'm going with 2-2.

A draw wouldn't be the worst result considering their upturn in form, but really we need to be looking at the win here

I have this nasty feeling you'll struggle. West Ham, although of course generally under pressure, may not be under as much as they were 2-3 weeks ago and will hope the Geordie faithful grow restless. That, combined with results against a similar standard of opposition this year at home means I'm going with 2-2.

I think you are right, only if they score 2 I cant see us scoring 2 in the same game. Have a feeling its going to be more like the Blackburn game than any other. :(

Not confident? Fuck off, these are shite. Any cunting team can win/draw a couple of games, and they will be shitting themselves playing infront of a big (non vile) set of supporters.

Confident, emphatic 3-0 win. Shola brace, Best.

We have played shite teams before and lost, just not counting my chickens. If Shola hadn't scored that fairly lucky goal yesterday the forum would have been in meltdown.

That's not to say we didn't play well but we failed to take any of our other chances, that happened against City too and against Spurs playing 10 men we still managed to fuck everything up.

West Ham are shit but I am not confident we have the goals in the team without Carroll.

Hope I am wrong and we do another Sunderland/Villa.

Wasn't directed at you, just fancied slagging off West Ham.   :knuppel2:

West Ham are shite, but (like you say) every club has its run throughout the season, I just hope were the ones to end it and start the spiral of decline rather than go 5 games unbeaten for them.

Get at them early and we'll do them. They'll be targeting their home games and falling behind early on will demoralise them imo.

Pressure the ball, deny them space and time, don't let them settle and pen them in. They'll crumble eventually.

3-0 

Guest WashyGeordie

I think he might drop Loven for Best as he said he wanted to give him more of a chance (or something along them lines) but apart from that i can see it being pretty much the same side.

2-1.

Guest Tall Striker

West Ham are s****, but (like you say) every club has its run throughout the season, I just hope were the ones to end it and start the spiral of decline rather than go 5 games unbeaten for them.

We're they four unbeaten last time we played them? 3 draws and the win v spurs? Yet we still played them off the park.

As Rocker says, they're fucking shit, just on their mini roll of the season. Up to us to get stuck in to them early, get an early goal and force them to open the game up.

Unfortunately, I can see a frustrating 0-0 draw.

Guest Tall Striker

Not happy they have an extra days rest

Swings and roundabouts. We had an extra days rest to Wigan for Sunday.

Plus West Ham will be travelling up tomorrow more than likely, so will probably make little difference.

West Ham are s****, but (like you say) every club has its run throughout the season, I just hope were the ones to end it and start the spiral of decline rather than go 5 games unbeaten for them.

We're they four unbeaten last time we played them? 3 draws and the win v spurs? Yet we still played them off the park.

As Rocker says, they're f***ing s***, just on their mini roll of the season. Up to us to get stuck in to them early, get an early goal and force them to open the game up.

Unfortunately, I can see a frustrating 0-0 draw.

they aren't shit. in every game i've seen them play they dominated for a spell. made us look foolish for a while and are better than wigan. we should win but will fuck up if we goo in to the game with the same attitude we've had at home against other lesser lights.

Been on the West Ham board and they are confident about this one. probable team for them:

----------------Green----------------

Ben Haim-- Tomkins-- Upson --Gabbidon

Sears --Parker --Kovac --Boa Morte

----------Piquionne -----Cole

Only change could be Obbinna for cole. That's quite a tough midfield but not very creative, we need to pass the ball about tomorrow and hopefully Shokla will turn up... :colo:

Still loads of tickets left for this one. Disappointing that, the players really need the fans to show up tomorrow.

"Around" 36,000 sold when I went in to pick up 2 at 11am this morning. Hopefully we'll break the 40,000 barrier but people are skint right now. Most of my mates who usually go and pay match by match are having to give this one a miss.

Still loads of tickets left for this one. Disappointing that, the players really need the fans to show up tomorrow.

"Around" 36,000 sold when I went in to pick up 2 at 11am this morning. Hopefully we'll break the 40,000 barrier but people are skint right now. Most of my mates who usually go and pay match by match are having to give this one a miss.

Is that includnig West Ham fans? If it's not i reckon they'll bring 1500.