Newcastle v West Ham, Wednesday 5th January, 7.45pm

Guest toonlass

Party poopers! Stop wallowing in self pity already. Give it 5 mins at least. Best's first start is at home. Think he'll be flying.

It's called being a bit realistic. Would love for him to suddenly blossom. Can't see it happening really.

Think he'll be solid. He is good enough to at least do what Shola does in general. As far as being a goal threat? Well, we'll find out. He hasn't really played much at all so let's hope he surprises us.

How many times have you seen Leon Best play?

Enough to know he is at least good enough to do what Shola does in general play, as it isn't very hard i.e. foul the opposition centrebacks every now and then, get a bunch of offsides, lose the ball carelessly when he isn't under much pressure sometimes, win a few headers, link play well sometimes, miss a few sitters. However, can he pop up with the odd goal at this level like Shola does? That is the key question.

How many times?

Enough to know times.

Makes you wonder where Xisco is and why is he still at the club. Surely if he's not going to get a look-in, then why not ship him off back to Spain?

People, aside from us, don't want to pay big wages for shite players named Xisco.

One thing's for sure, I reckon Best will put in more effort than Shola does some times. I know it doesn't count for much, mind (see A.Smith), but if he can hopefully get himself in a position to score something might work out. Law of averages says he'll get at least one chance, hopefully it's a tap in, he scores, feels a bit better about himself and we'll see what he do. If he's crap for whole 90 minutes I reserve the right to rescind this optimism and lambast him. Go on Leon, my son.

Party poopers! Stop wallowing in self pity already. Give it 5 mins at least. Best's first start is at home. Think he'll be flying.

It's called being a bit realistic. Would love for him to suddenly blossom. Can't see it happening really.

Think he'll be solid. He is good enough to at least do what Shola does in general. As far as being a goal threat? Well, we'll find out. He hasn't really played much at all so let's hope he surprises us.

Enough to know he is at least good enough to do what Shola does in general play, as it isn't very hard i.e. foul the opposition centrebacks every now and then, get a bunch of offsides, lose the ball carelessly when he isn't under much pressure sometimes, win a few headers, link play well sometimes, miss a few sitters. However, can he pop up with the odd goal at this level like Shola does? That is the key question.

How many times?

Enough to know times.

It's a simple enough question. ???

One thing's for sure, I reckon Best will put in more effort than Shola does some times. I know it doesn't count for much, mind (see A.Smith), but if he can hopefully get himself in a position to score something might work out. Law of averages says he'll get at least one chance, hopefully it's a tap in, he scores, feels a bit better about himself and we'll see what he do. If he's crap for whole 90 minutes I reserve the right to rescind this optimism and lambast him. Go on Leon, my son.

:lol: Fucking hell, I'm a bit behind, just saw the lineups. Could be an interesting game! Can't decide if this spells the end for Ranger or if Pardew will give him another chance, depending on attitude. Still on the bench, Loven and Best ahead of him in the pecking order currently.. :undecided:

:lol: Fucking hell, I'm a bit behind, just saw the lineups. Could be an interesting game! Can't decide if this spells the end for Ranger or if Pardew will give him another chance, depending on attitude. Still on the bench, Loven and Best ahead of him in the pecking order currently.. :undecided:

That actually puts Ranger fifth in line behind AC, Shola, Loven and Best.

Perhaps he is not as good as the wankfest would indicate? :eek:

Can't remember the last time Shola missed a sitter.

How many times?

Enough to know times.

I wasn't filling in a log book! I just know he isn't a complete donkey. His general play is okay. I remember that much even from his few appearances last season. Had a couple of nice assists for Carroll last year. I could easily ask how many times those writing him off have seen him play, and it would be the same answer. Some are hopeful and some aren't. Stop internet bullying me!

Two minutes into the Wigan match.

:lol:

Take it you were late getting to a TV on Sunday then?

Two minutes into the Wigan match.

Ah yeah, fair play... still a rarity though. I know i'm a broken record but Shola's a superb finisher.

You must have Alzheimer's  :lol:

If his attitude is suspect am glad pardew is taking the hard line with him...the lad should respect us and his career more than turning up late and putting half arse shifts in. He'll come good I'm sure and I'm sure this is he best way to handle him.

How many times?

Enough to know times.

I wasn't filling in a log book! I just know he isn't a complete donkey. His general play is okay. I remember that much even from his few appearances last season. Had a couple of nice assists for Carroll last year. I could easily ask how many times those writing him off have seen him play, and it would be the same answer. Some are hopeful and some aren't. Stop internet bullying me!

OMG Dave gonna get banned for bullying  :celb:

:lol: f***ing hell, I'm a bit behind, just saw the lineups. Could be an interesting game! Can't decide if this spells the end for Ranger or if Pardew will give him another chance, depending on attitude. Still on the bench, Loven and Best ahead of him in the pecking order currently.. :undecided:

If his attitude is suspect am glad pardew is taking the hard line with him...the lad should respect us and his career more than turning up late and putting half arse shifts in. He'll come good I'm sure and I'm sure this is he best way to handle him.

Yeah, I agree. It's not likehe's been banished to train with the kids or left out of the team. Starting games is a big responsibility and one he should earn with his effort everyday in training. He'll be okay.