Newcastle United 5 - 0 West Ham United - 05/01/11 - post match reaction from p35

Dave

Superb display, effortless though. I don't think I've witnessed us playing two teams of this shit calibre in a week's time before. West Ham are in serius trouble.

Loved the way Ferguson seemed to wind up Ben Haim from the start.

Coloccini, Best, Harper, Tioté and Barton all brilliant.

I know it isn't the time but was it only me who got a bit annoyed at Lövenkrands for not setting up Shane Ferguson late on? Ferguson was well ahead of Ben Haim but Lövenkrands still chose to cut inside and shoot. I'm sure he wouldn't have done that if it was a "senior player" bursting forward.

strange game when you think of it. we have a centre forward who scores a hat trick....he's not our MotM.

we have a forward who creates 3 goals and scores 1...he's not our MotM.

as at wigan barton and tiote were immense, this time imo, tiote pipping barton to the award. hope the injury isn't serious and he's back for the drerby.

First 15 mins of the first half were poor and the rest was quite exciting.  Whilst not wanting to detract from our super performance it has to be said that West Ham were the poorest team I have seen for a long, long time.  In fact the last time I've seen a team as poor was when Blackburn came here not long after Souness became our manager *shudder*

Did Nolan just end up in that position because he was about to have a go at the ref for not giving the penalty next time the ball went out? Genius. :lol:

Aye, I thought at the time it looked like when he took the thought it was something of an "oh fuck it then". :lol: