FA Cup 3rd round: Stevenage v Newcastle United (Sat 8th Jan 5:30pm KO on ESPN)

Disco

There's 8 days until the derby man!

not the point mate, as it stands barton nolan and colo would almost definitely play in that match (barring a freak training ground injury) playing today puts that in doubt. i guess it comes down to what you value more, perosnally i think we'd have enough to win it without those 3, put them on the bench and bring them on at half time if needed imo. i'd just rather be 3 points closer to safety and beat the mackems than be in the 4th round of the cup, i dont think they're mutually exclusive, but ya na.

Correct.

Spot on.

I'm happy with the team. It's the FA Cup, man.

Exactly. You'd think we had a team of unfit sunday league players based on the whole "surely they can't play THREE TIMES in fourteen days without injuring themselves?" attitude.

I think even if we lose on Sunday we'll stay up easily and still have bragging rights after the 5-1, lose today and that's another season passed us by without a sniff of Wembley. As you say though they're not exclusive of each other. We could win both or we could lose both.

Guest Geordiesned

Fucking hell lads, its the FA Cup, I wouldn't mind winning it and I certainly don't want to risk an upset by playing the kids.

This. The way some people go on we could field the under 15s and win as "it's only Stevenage".

They were a non-league side when we last played them down there and strong starting 11 couldn't beat them.

f***ing hell lads, its the FA Cup, I wouldn't mind winning it and I certainly don't want to risk an upset by playing the kids.

This. The way some people go on we could field the under 15s and win as "it's only Stevenage".

They were a non-league side when we last played them down there and strong starting 11 couldn't beat them.

not exactly what´s been said

Guest BooBoo

Fucking hell lads, its the FA Cup, I wouldn't mind winning it and I certainly don't want to risk an upset by playing the kids.

Interesting quote from Steve Howey about the 1998 game- "without naming names some of our lads clearly didnt fancy it that day, and it showed."

Guest Geordiesned

Bench: Ranger, Guthrie, Soderberg, Tiote, Kadar, Airey, Ferguson

Glad to see that Tiote's hamstring is obviously ok. Great decision to order him off last week even though he wanted to stay on.

Guest neesy111

Pleased with the side. To some of us (older fans), the FA Cup is still very important-  some young'uns just don't understand.

Totally agree, amazing how people are calling the FA cup a luxury.  It used to be bigger than the league years back.