James Tavernier joins Rangers

Skirge

Good. Isn't Wiafe Danquah already there?

He's no longer our player iirc

Two incredible signings for Gateshead, Tavenier got alot of football with the first team in pre-season and Edmundsson is a full international and played against the likes of Italy, hope they destroy their league.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Great move for everyone involved, good benchmark for Tavernier, and it'll really help round out Edmundsson's ability. He's great on the ball and will get stuck in, joining Gateshead will only toughen him up further. Fantastic!

interesting. thought Tavernier would appear vs Stevenage, and i reckon he is capable of playing at a higher level, but it's good to see they'll both be getting football (while probably remaining close enough to train with us every so often/use club facilities). could be the start of a collaboration?

Guest Stephen927

Great for Gateshead but I'd rather they had gone on loan to a Football League team if it was possible. Valuable experience all the same though, better for them than knocking around the reserves at this stage.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Great for Gateshead but I'd rather they had gone on loan to a Football League team if it was possible. Valuable experience all the same though, better for them than knocking around the reserves at this stage.

Like Jonny said, this will be so they can still train at Benton. BSQ is still a decent league, and Gateshead are a decent footballing side.

Guest Roger Kint

Seems too low a level for them to be playing at for me.  Got to be League 2 at the very lowest.

League 2 is very poor from 10th down, not that big a step down plus it will be Tav's first regular football outside of reserves, good place to start!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I loaned Edmundsson when I was Gateshead on FM. He averaged about 2 goals a game.

FM falls a part when you loan players from high leagues. The attributes/CA ranges don't scale well at all :(