James Tavernier joins Rangers

Skirge

Is this lad ready to push for a place? As with others, I have been impressed on the few times I have seen him. I included him in my back up team mainly because we don't have anyone else but is he really ready for the odd game there if needed?

• 1 month later...
Guest sicko2ndbest

Gone to Carlisle on loan for a month.

Good news.

I'd rather give him a shot on Saturday instead of the alternatives

Perch

RTaylor

Ffs

Gone to Carlisle on loan for a month.

Good news.

I'd rather give him a shot on Saturday instead of the alternatives

Perch

RTaylor

Ffs

Not at left-back I wouldn't. Could certainly do more damage than good to the lad's confidence and progression if he's hung out to try there.

Aye, I'm investing a lot of hope in this fella. As much as I try to hide it/overcome it these days, I can't abide Simpson as a footballer. I can't see us buying to replace him if he gets a new contract, so Tavernier pushing right on might be my only chance to see him out of the team.

Aye, I'm investing a lot of hope in this fella. As much as I try to hide it/overcome it these days, I can't abide Simpson as a footballer. I can't see us buying to replace him if he gets a new contract, so Tavernier pushing right on might be my only chance to see him out of the team.

Me neither. Hopefully we sign a good left-back this window, then next summer we can look at doing the same on the opposite side of the defence. Or Tavernier proves he's an upgrade.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Carlisle fans and manager absolutely waxing over this lad

I think he is excellent from everything i have seen from him. Right up there with Kyle Naughton imho

Could be the reason NUFC are stalling on Simpson!

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/match-reports/new-boy-james-tavernier-steals-show-against-bournemouth-1.870572?referrerPath=home

Me neither. Hopefully we sign a good left-back this window, then next summer we can look at doing the same on the opposite side of the defence. Or Tavernier proves he's an upgrade.

Simpson out - New RB in, Tavernier second choice.

• 4 months later...

one of his strengths has always been his attacking though,  he's a fullback in the "Cafu" mould,  loves to bomb on from fullback.  In saying that i'd never seen him as a RW though.  Suppose its all good for his development although i think the club might have preferred to see him tested as a defender.