Stevenage 3 - 1 Newcastle Utd (FA Cup) - 08/01/11 - post match reaction from p34

Dave

Guest neesy111

not sure why people are having a go at others for reacting to this match. Personally i can't remember a worse performance in my lifetime. this is literally as bad as it gets. considering the backstory to this match and the fact that it will now be talked about for years afterwards just makes it worse.

and when you consider that we've lost the lad who makes everything tick over in midfield for the derby match it rubs salt in the wound.

and to top it all off, this was all so avoidable. all we needed was to be professional and use a bit of common sense.

Well said.  This quite frankly is humiliation and I feel sorry for the fans who have paid £100's for today.  They should be refunded by those gutless fuckers on the pitch.

Guest BooBoo

Wish we played the kids.

Smith should never play for the club again, we should agree a release for him.

If we'd played the kids and lost, the abuse would have been all the worse.

The fact is, the players who turned out tonight should have been good enough to overturn a League Two side. However, some of the individual performances have been a disgrace.

This has been as bad as anything I've seen for a long long time. Absolutely wank from the first minute. No spark, no enthusiasm or fight. Stevenage have totally deserved this. 

Tiote shouldn't have even been on the park to pick up the red either. 

It truly is incredible how bad this team is without Tiote. Really need to get an alternative to him when he is out. The defenders just started playing long balls because there was absolutely no movement or intelligence from Nolan and Smith to start any kind of build up play from midfield. Smith gets a ton of crap thrown at him as he should because he is completely clueless. Nolan despite being a good goalscorer is truly hopeless, without someone like Tiote in there to do all his work for him so he can cherry pick, he can't even function against league two opposition. He's pathetic.