Stevenage 3 - 1 Newcastle Utd (FA Cup) - 08/01/11 - post match reaction from p34

Dave

Guest Mantis

The 1st thing Pardew should of said would to be apologise to the fans over that.  Anyone with any heart in our club would of done that.  Shows the guy doesn't have a clue.

Or any class.  Any day off tomorrow should be cancelled and I would expect to see them up and down the beach and stairs at Tynemouth tomorrow.  Cant remember being this livid about a match for some time.

Coloccini was areet today, and Barton's goal and general endeavour which showed me he cared mean they're the only two players I can fully excuse. Partial exclusion from this goes to Airey, expected to drag the team out of the clarts despite having absolutely no proper match experience.

The rest of them, Pardew included, were a complete and utter embarrassment and went through the motions for the entire game. I don't think I've ever seen a worse reaction to letting a goal in, the lot of them looked like they genuinely didn't care. What the fuck was Pardew saying to them in the dressing room, 'it's alright lads, we'll win this no problem'?

Guest neesy111

Coloccini was areet today, and Barton's goal and general endeavour which showed me he cared mean they're the only two players I can fully excuse. Partial exclusion from this goes to Airey, expected to drag the team out of the clarts despite having absolutely no proper match experience.

The rest of them, Pardew included, were a complete and utter embarrassment and went through the motions for the entire game. I don't think I've ever seen a worse reaction to letting a goal in, the lot of them looked like they genuinely didn't care. What the fuck was Pardew saying to them in the dressing room, 'it's alright lads, we'll win this no problem'?

Colocini's performance reminded me of Boumsong's debut.  Just didn't like the pitch, occasion and was incredibly nervous on the ball.

Guest neesy111

I think you can add Steven Taylor to the list of must be fits,Williamson again looked awful.

Agreed, the defending for that last goal was like that couldn't be arsed.

Colocini's performance reminded me of Boumsong's debut.  Just didn't like the pitch, occasion and was incredibly nervous on the ball.

Thought Colo was fine for the most part. Probably the only player who was, in all honesty.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think you can add Steven Taylor to the list of must be fits,Williamson again looked awful.

Saylor can actually move, Williamson is so rigid and slow

The whole defence was shocking.

Some of Colo's passing out of defence was dreadful and his tackle for the yellow was unbelievably stupid.

The passing out of defence was made to look significantly worse due to the fact that our midfielders didn't drop deep and show for the ball once.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Some of Colo's passing out of defence was dreadful and his tackle for the yellow was unbelievably stupid.

He got the ball, how was it stupid?

Wind up surely. A more malicious, mistimed tackle than Tiotes

A few players might have been selected out of position today and a few that aren't rated (ie Smith) but I can't see how anyone can blame Pardew for that. The performances of each and every player were utterly disgusting. I'm not going to go through every player but team captain Kevin Nolan never even wanted the ball. He never once put his foot on it and tried to play ridiculous first time passes. Very poor leadership.

:thup:

From my spot in the public house it certainly didn't look that way  ???

Either way, he shouldn't escape criticism today, played his role as part of a horrendous defensive performance.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

1 piece of positive news:

Server is holding up well. :)

Didn't during the game though. As soon as that Tiote tackle went in, I couldn't get on for 20 minutes

Guest neesy111

Wind up surely. A more malicious, mistimed tackle than Tiotes

Jesus christ, I can't believe he's defending that challenge.  The player didn't even deny the foul. :lol:

Has anyone seen this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm4HRClnKFQ

A Stevenage player actually hit by one of his own fans.

One of ours i think.

Does look like Barton a little from here.

He's got red shorts on man.

The lad who did that is a coward of the highest order. Completely blindsided the bloke.

I hope he's not one of ours as that would be far more embarrassing than any defeat.

He runs off clutching a Stevenage scarf. Can't believe it's one of ours, more likely some local gimp who has a personal grievance with that player and saw an opportunity.

Guest neesy111

1 piece of positive news:

Server is holding up well. :)

Didn't during the game though. As soon as that Tiote tackle went in, I couldn't get on for 20 minutes

Hmm, worked fine for me then.  You sure it wasn't ESPN fucking you over ;)