Stevenage 3 - 1 Newcastle Utd (FA Cup) - 08/01/11 - post match reaction from p34

Dave

Guest toonlass

Come on man, these players should have it in them to beat Stevenage even if it's the third game in a week. They are League 2! Pardew played a strong team, thinking they had enough in them to beat Stevenage and get into the next round. Not his fault they played like turboshit!

It is his fault that they played shit, if they weren't playing then they wouldn't have been shit.

:cheesy:

Players were clearly drained 4 games in 11 days. Silly to put Tiote on they way things were going.

Then he should have played the fresher kids and not risked them ahead of the biggest game of the season next week.

There's no getting around it, he fucked this one up.

Come on man, these players should have it in them to beat Stevenage even if it's the third game in a week. They are League 2! Pardew played a strong team, thinking they had enough in them to beat Stevenage and get into the next round. Not his fault they played like turboshit!

They were set up totally lop-sided. Barton, our form player, switched for Routledge who's been dogshit.

Not to mention Perch at LB.

Shocking decisions.

Guest toonlass

Whatever, I'm not going to sit and argue that a team of young uns would have beaten them. Who knows what would have happened? We should have beaten them, we didn't.

Whatever, I'm not going to sit and argue that a team of young uns would have beaten them. Who knows what would have happened? We should have beaten them, we didn't.

A team of young'uns getting turned over would have been far more forgivable imho.

We got very little from our full backs going forward. Particularly when you're chasing the game, an attacking threat from that area can often unlock things.

Perch was playing on his wrong side, and he's not a first team regular anyway, so I can forgive him a bit. Simpson though is rated by many on here, I know, but tonight showed why I think we can do better. He still looks a bit nervous and lacking in initiative, like he doesn't really want the ball.

Guest RowanB

I've always thought this team is incredibly weak. Hughton must have been a genius to architect the miraculous results against Arsenal, Sunderland and Villa.

The kids/less used players beat a better team in the League cup.

It'd be nice to have 'young uns' to bring in when the first Xl need a rest in situations like this. The fact Ranger's probably the pick of the bunch speaks voulmes, because i'm not convinved he'd do the business in The Championship, or even League One.

Guest toonlass

A team of young'uns getting turned over would have been far more forgivable imho.

I must be getting soft in my old age. Ten minutes before the end of the match and I was over it. As soon as that first goal went in I knew we were going to lose, as soon as that second goal went in I started thinking about the mackem game. No point in getting narked about it, as my Uncle said, if there is one thing in life that's guaranteed it's that Newcastle will let you down.

As bad as we were, congratulations to the Stevenage team - showed great desire, commitment and ambition. :)

Three cheers for the Mexicans. :rolleyes: Fucking hell.

This is the one thing that has genuinely made me smile tonight, fair play :lol:

Players were clearly drained 4 games in 11 days. Silly to put Tiote on they way things were going.

It's the same for all premiership clubs though.

Most of the other big clubs have had more rotation than us.

Guest pont-toon

man i feel so low after that - and only days after the West Ham high - this season is like a microcosm of the entire history of NUFC with so many ups and downs, highs & lows in such a relatively short period of time.

Like a blinking rollercoaster - heres hoping we're at the top again come next weekend

Guest BooBoo

It'd be nice to have 'young uns' to bring in when the first Xl need a rest in situations like this. The fact Ranger's probably the pick of the bunch speaks voulmes, because i'm not convinved he'd do the business in The Championship, or even League One.

Same.

The problem today wasn't the poor quality of our youngsters, it was the lack of balance in the team. There was no left side due to Enrique and Jonas being out and we lost the right side by playing Barton on the left. Add Smith next to Nolan and you have a disaster waiting to happen. We would have done far better to include some fresh legs and Ferguson down the left. Don't blame the players.....blame Pards!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Krul

Simpson Will Colo Perch

Rout Nolan Smith Bart

Best Loven

v

Harper

Simpson Colo Tayl Jose

Ben Arfa Barton Tiote Jonas

Carroll Shola/Nolan

is a massive upgrade

Jesus Christ ...

Just watching the highlights of this again and there is absolutely no protection for the defence from midfield. Nolan and Smith aren't even pretending to track back.

:lol:

That Tiote tackle is freakin' world class! Very dissapointing if they don't overturn it.

Considering your usual attitude to reckless tackles, I want to be surprised by this post, but I'm not.

:lol:

That Tiote tackle is freakin' world class! Very dissapointing if they don't overturn it.

Considering your usual attitude to reckless tackles, I want to be surprised by this post, but I'm not.

It's a good tackle. He actually wins the ball with his heel. Doesn't lead with the studs, and the player is nowhere near the ball when he goes for it. He hooks the ball.