Stevenage 3 - 1 Newcastle Utd (FA Cup) - 08/01/11 - post match reaction from p34

Dave

The whole defence was shocking.

Some of Colo's passing out of defence was dreadful and his tackle for the yellow was unbelievably stupid.

The passing out of defence was made to look significantly worse due to the fact that our midfielders didn't drop deep and show for the ball once.

Yep, was about to say just that. Franz Beckenbauer in his pomp could have been in our back line tonight and still would have struggled to find Smith or Nolan with his distribution. The pair of them were painfully slow and offered zero protectionor help to the back four.

1 piece of positive news:

Server is holding up well. :)

Didn't during the game though. As soon as that Tiote tackle went in, I couldn't get on for 20 minutes

There were DNS problems for me on Plusnet around that time, I see you're on Sky but it could have been the same thing.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Didn't during the game though. As soon as that Tiote tackle went in, I couldn't get on for 20 minutes

There were DNS problems for me on Plusnet around that time, I see you're on Sky but it could have been the same thing.

Aye, probably

Guest neesy111

I had no problems at all.  Apart from ESPN's coverage.

You're on Virgin you spanner.

Guest neesy111

You're on Virgin you spanner.

:lol:

Just checking ;)

At the end of the day, when we lose games in the league I can accept it. Even the 5-1 against Bolton could be excused because frankly, we're a newly promoted team that is simply not going to win every game. We will have bad days.

However, tonight's events are absolutely inexcusable. Pathetic, gutless, heartless, POINTLESS displays by every player on the pitch. Simply inexcusable and all the reactions are not knee-jerk, they are justified. Hopefully this wont effect our league form too negatively and we can bounce back to get something next week. A player or 2 in before February would be nice aswell.

I've never felt such a weird sensation after a match before. I though i'd be crying into a hankie if we lost to someone 73 places below us but i'm not. I'm just so angry with the gutless performance of 5 or so mercenaries on that pitch today.

Mainly (in no particular order): Smith, Perch, Routledge, Williamson, Nolan and Ranger (the last two who i was very surprised with)

I don't think Pardew is mainly to blame but he has to take his share for the starting line up. I'd rather have had Vuckic, Kadar and Ferguson on for the opening three players. Largely because they will have had desire to prove themselves and we know they have something in them. To play a s***e right back at left back was laughable. To play Barton on the left to compensate a frankly laughable Routledge was a joke. Why not play Ferguson on the left eh?

The reason Pardew's subs were poor was that his starting line up was so wrong. He only had 3 subs to make and he knew he had to change something. There was about 6 players who deserved to be taken off and he had the joy of only 3 to bring on.  Pardew's motivation towards the players has to be questioned too.

But nonetheless if players like Perch, Smith and Routledge cannot outplay players 3 divisions below them it shows how limited they are. Sell sell sell.

Williamson's performance today shows how stupid the 5 1/2 year deal was. Ranger's attitude problem is obvious. And for Kaptain Kev i'm just bitterely disappointed.

Please get it right against Sunderland.

Keep the faith.

I've never felt such a weird sensation after a match before. I though i'd be crying into a hankie if we lost to someone 73 places below us but i'm not. I'm just so angry with the gutless performance of 5 or so mercenaries on that pitch today.

Mainly (in no particular order): Smith, Perch, Routledge, Williamson, Nolan and Ranger (the last two who i was very surprised with)

I don't think Pardew is mainly to blame but he has to take his share for the starting line up. I'd rather have had Vuckic, Kadar and Ferguson on for the opening three players. Largely because they will have had desire to prove themselves and we know they have something in them. To play a s***e right back and left back was laughable. To play Barton on the left to compensate a frankly laughable Routledge was a joke. Why not play Ferguson on the left eh?

The reason Pardew's subs were poor was that his starting line up was so wrong. He only had 3 to make and he knew he had to change something. There was about 6 players who deserved to be taken off and he had the joy of only 3 to bring on.  His motivation is there to be questioned too.

But nonetheless if players like Perch, Smith and Routledge cannot outplay players 3 divisions below them it shows how limited they are. Sell sell sell.

Williamson's performance today shows how stupid the 5 1/2 year deal was. Ranger's attitude problem is obvious. And for Kaptain Kev i'm just bitterely disappointed.

Please get it right against Sunderland.

Keep the faith.

Agree entirely, I'm not upset, I'm just angry at the lack of effort and level of ineptitude on display by players that earn so much. Disgraceful.

Guest neesy111

At the end of the day, when we lose games in the league I can accept it. Even the 5-1 against Bolton could be excused because frankly, we're a newly promoted team that is simply not going to win every game. We will have bad days.

However, tonight's events are absolutely inexcusable. Pathetic, gutless, heartless, POINTLESS displays by every player on the pitch. Simply inexcusable and all the reactions are not knee-jerk, they are justified. Hopefully this wont effect our league form too negatively and we can bounce back to get something next week. A player or 2 in before February would be nice aswell.

Well said, we just lost to a team 74 places below us in the league.  How people can accept that is beyond me.

Well said, we just lost to a team 74 places below us in the league.  How people can accept that is beyond me.

:lol: no-one's accepting it, you fucking mug. We're all really really pissed off, just because some people actually feel Pardew was part of the problem today and aren't arsed if he apologises (it makes no fucking difference btw, today happened regardless) in front of the bloody TV cameras.

Guest neesy111

:lol: no-one's accepting it, you fucking mug. We're all really really pissed off, just because some people actually feel Pardew was part of the problem today and aren't arsed if he apologises (it makes no fucking difference btw, today happened regardless) in front of the bloody TV cameras.

It'll mean something to the 1400 that travelled down to the game today.  Makes it so that their support wasn't appreciated.

this is weird. i'm really not that bothered about the match, even though i should be. just a big shoulder shrug of a day, really - guess thats what years of supporting this club will do for you. the only thing that got me lively was the tiote red which was never ever a red card - a pretty embarassing decision but one that'll probably be upheld. stevenage weren't very good either, we were just so soulless and blatantly didn't give a damn.

To be fair, going by some in this thread, Pilko, the result didn't matter, to quote, "we're only out of the cup". :(

I don't think that's a blanketed opinion.

Truth, i'm more bothered about the manner of the defeat than the defeat itself... for example i consider Tiote's suspension a bigger blow in terms of reality and results... but i don't think anyone is apathetic enough to not give a shit. The cup's brilliant - i honestly would rather win it than the league (in a minority there, i know) - but it's definitely not a priority. The domestic game has changed.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Tiote should't have been brought on. I feel a more attacking player should have been to contribute to the ineptness of the 4 midfielders. But nonetheless. It wasn't a red.

Like Who

Ranger was already on. The bench was bare. The squad outside of 12/13 players is woeful