Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Might have to start Danny Gutless. Although he's the last player you'd want in the trenches in a derby match, Sunderland's midfield isn't great so he might not be a disaster.

I hope Pardew is as good at confidence building as you are :lol:

I'm happy with a 0-0 draw.

I mean after all now that we have Tiote missing and Jonas, Carroll and Ameobi doubtful we shouldn't complain if we get a draw.

The important thing is not to lose by more than four goals without those players.

Hopefully

Harper

Simpson Saylor/Willy Colo Jose

Barton Smith/Guthrie Guthrie/Nolan Jonas

Nolan/Ameobi

Carroll

:lol:

"Oi gutless, you're starting, try not to f*** up too much you tubby little scamp"

"Hey hey Dan Dan, don't look too upset. Sunderland's midfield are s*** anyways, you might even not look terrible"

"they could be forced to turn to Smith who will be well up for the derby and to show the new manager what he can bring to the team"

"Or alternatively they turn to Smith who is f***ing s***"

I'm thinking that considering that they have 10 players injured we should be able 2 snatch this one 1-0, depends who's playing though, if Guthrie or Smith play NUFC might as well not even bother  turning up.

I'd rather play the tattoo clad gutless Scouse anti-christ/Hitler hybrid baby freestyling sworn enemy of neesy than Smith.

:nods:

They are about the same when it comes to mobility and tackling, but at least Danny can pick a pack pass every now and then. However, I would much rather just play Barton and Nolan with Routledge out right and Jonas left, and if Jonas is injured, I'd rather bring in young Ferguson than moving Barton left and relying on either Guthrie or Smith to partner Nolan.

I'd rather play the tattoo clad gutless Scouse anti-christ/Hitler hybrid baby freestyling sworn enemy of neesy than Smith.

:nods:

They are about the same when it comes to mobility and tackling, but at least Danny can pick a pack pass every now and then. However, I would much rather just play Barton and Nolan with Routledge out right and Jonas left, and if Jonas is injured, I'd rather bring in young Ferguson than moving Barton left and relying on either Guthrie or Smith to partner Nolan.

Oh God me 2, at least Routledge looks a bit dangerous on the wing which is better then have the headless chickens known as Smith and Guthrie chipping around the middle of the pitch

If we dont get Larsson or someone else before the weekend i would like to see this lineup:

Harper

Simpson Willo Colo Enrique

Guti Barton Nolan Ferguson

Best/Ameobi Carroll

Rather play Ferguson than Smith tbh.

I'd genuinely rather have Butt back than play Smith.

That's pushing it, but it's pretty close :lol:

At least Butt could do a very entertaining overhead kick sometime during a match.

Smith did one in the Stevenage game. :lol:

I'd genuinely rather have Butt back than play Smith.

That's pushing it, but it's pretty close :lol:

At least Butt could do a very entertaining overhead kick sometime during a match.

so we need the alan smith overhead kick then

or a goal to beat the mackems...............................