Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

I'd genuinely rather have Butt back than play Smith.

That's pushing it, but it's pretty close :lol:

At least Butt could do a very entertaining overhead kick sometime during a match.

Smith did one in the Stevenage game. :lol:

Yeah, ok then.

Smith also did try to pass the ball and it ended up on the feets of the Stevenage player 2 metres in front of him.

I'd genuinely rather have Butt back than play Smith.

That's pushing it, but it's pretty close :lol:

At least Butt could do a very entertaining overhead kick sometime during a match.

Smith did one in the Stevenage game. :lol:

Yeah, ok then.

Smith also did try to pass the ball and it ended up on the feets of the Stevenage player 2 metres in front of him.

I lost my rag at that. Most of my ire was directed at him and Routledge.

The only person who's fitness we need to worry about about is a certain Nigerian-born number 23.

He's been locked in a cage since Wigan, Xisco's been wearing a Mackem shirt and prodding him with a stick shola look's well pissed off.

If signing Larsson means Smith doesn't play, I'm all for it

Harper

Simpson  Willi    Colo      Jose

Larsson  Barton  Nolan  Jonas

Carroll  TheDerbyDestroyer

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Routledge Smith Nolan Barton

Ameobi Carroll

That midfield. :lol:

Jeezz, that's a fucking awful team

They need 15-20 minutes to build up their atmosphere for when the players come out. Says it all :lol:

Would love it to happen though, would mean that's all their enthusiasm used by kick off, it'll be dead after 5 minutes.

We are totally screwed for the next three games without Tiote in midfield. So if Saylor is also ot we are looking at:

Simpson  Willi  Colo   Enrique

Smith/

Barton  Guthrie Nolan  Jonas

Please do not play Smith. Although Guthrie has been poor this season thus far, he has been good centrally at times in the past and although far from ideal is by far the better option out of the two of them.

The only other option is to play a defender there. Colo or Enrique could do a temorary job possibly but we need them in defence..... But if Pardew does the unthinkable and plays Smith AND Nolan together again in midfield we are so in the s*** come Sunday.

Could we sign anyone that can play there? .... Larsson is a right winger i know... could he fill in alongside Nolan though?

If signing Larsson means Smith doesn't play, I'm all for it

Harper

Simpson   Willi     Colo      Jose

Larsson   Barton  Nolan  Jonas

Carroll  TheDerbyDestroyer

Really hope we sign Larsson too now.

That team is the best we can hope for now with our injuries and suspensions. Although urks me a bit to move Barton from his right berth its the lesser of two evils.

Playing Smith would be really  :facepalm:

Guest Wearside

They need 15-20 minutes to build up their atmosphere for when the players come out. Says it all :lol:

Would love it to happen though, would mean that's all their enthusiasm used by kick off, it'll be dead after 5 minutes.

Don't Newcastle wheel out that Graham Danby bloke to get the atmosphere started before big games? :)

Don't Newcastle wheel out that Graham Danby bloke to get the atmosphere started before big games? :)

Aye, he's done the trick a few times. Suppose you could always get Steve Cram out to warm up the crowd.

Guest Roger Kint

Still can't get over that isn't on the TV. There are 3 other games on Sunday that are on the TV ahead of it. Scandalous.

Villa v Brum was in the same situation on Halloween, it would be more scandalous if both of their derbies were only accessable on foreign tv while both of ours were on Sky.