Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Sunderland players, management & fancs are so pumped up for this & have had good news with MR T out & the more good news with the Big AC out. I like Barton out wide but I want him & Nolan in the middle as I want us to hold onto the ball for the best part of the opening 20 mins & lets see how there crowd & players react if it is 0-0 at that point.

I would go with Nile & Shola up front. Nile has the energy we need up front to hassle there defenders & Shola has the experience to do what he does in derby games.

Someone gets paid for this.

That someone has to do this for all 20 teams. I know some of you here can't name a starting eleven for most sides.

If I was being paid to report journalism like this I'd atleast make the effort to maybe research? Christ it would take 2 minutes to look on any internet messageboard and see what people were predicting. Couple that with looking through past line-ups to get a rough estimate of what the team will be.

There is no excuse to get it that spectacularly wrong.

Someone gets paid for this.

That someone has to do this for all 20 teams. I know some of you here can't name a starting eleven for most sides.

If I was being paid to report journalism like this I'd atleast make the effort to maybe research? Christ it would take 2 minutes to look on any internet messageboard and see what people were predicting. Couple that with looking through past line-ups to get a rough estimate of what the team will be.

There is no excuse to get it that spectacularly wrong.

Exactly, there's no point in doing it if you can't be arsed to do a little research :lol:

The show of "support" by Sunderland fans in October was one of the most shameful and cowardly displays I've seen. We can get tonked on Sunday and I know I and many others will take it on the chin and not run away or hide in the concourse. Deserting your side on Derby day is plain disgraceful.

Guest Wearside

The show of "support" by Sunderland fans in October was one of the most shameful and cowardly displays I've seen. We can get tonked on Sunday and I know I and many others will take it on the chin and not run away or hide in the concourse. Deserting your side on Derby day is plain disgraceful.

Too high up in the gods to try and invade the pitch ala Newcastle fans in 1990 so decided to leave. :)

Too high up in the gods to try and invade the pitch ala Newcastle fans in 1990 so decided to leave. :)

quite literally turned their backs on their team.

Going there without Tiote and Carroll makes it tough. They're good at home and they've beaten better teams than us this season at their gaff.

I reckon we'll be relying on set-pieces to notch and can't see us keeping them out. Prove me wrong lads.

2-0. :(

Dunno if Prophet mentioned but apparently the Blue Bell in Sandyford is showing the game. :thup:

Really??? That'll be more than handy, save traipsing halfway across Newcastle to see it. Are they advertising it?

Dunno if Prophet mentioned but apparently the Blue Bell in Sandyford is showing the game. :thup:

Really??? That'll be more than handy, save traipsing halfway across Newcastle to see it. Are they advertising it?

It's what Ian was telling me, will confirm it for you mate but he seemed fairly sure. :thup:

(Not living there this year so can't be sure myself).

Way too much negativity going into this, pretty embarassing tbh.

To get everyone in the mood, I've heard from a mate that Steve Bruce has just been hounded out of The Diamond tonight!

I can honestly see us getting tonked by a scoreline along that seen in October. We've got nothing in central mid and nothing upfront, the ball will just keep coming at us wave after wave and I don't think we've got it in us to keep it out of the net for 90mins.

We need a miracle, a helping hand, hopefully an early sending off from being too pumped up but I think the crowd will frighten the ref from making any decision like that justified or not.

Howay man, if anyone is going on Sunday let's have a bit more positivity. We've already showed them what we're capable of this season.

My opinion is I just think Sunderland will edge it by a single goal.

Tiote and Carroll being out is, unfortunately, a big blow however you look at it. Their home record has generally been excellent for what is essentially a mid-table team, and I think Bruce, albeit his obsession getting a tad concerning, will have his players truly riled and ready for the game. I think Pardew is aware of the importance of this game, yes, but I just think Sunderland will have an edge. In fact, I actually think you'll play relatively well but my gut instinct is Sunderland will just nick it. 2-1.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/212/5354947946b9f1c34e2ez.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3518/5354333849719babbd9bz.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/900/535433353729fc0f6dd5z.jpg