Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Harper

Simpson    Williamson  Coloccini    Enrique

Barton   Guthrie

Routledge             Nolan               Jonas

Sherla

I wouldn't have been surprised to see this, but with Pardew's comments about 2 up top then take away Guthrie and add one of our useless strikers.

In fairness, I don't rate Best but a hatrick surely has to give him some sort of confidence.

It could but Guthrie has been dreadful every time I've seen him this season. The games have passed him by and he's looked really poor.

Rather throw Gosling in there tbh. That's how much faith I have in Guthrie. I have even less faith in Smith.  :undecided:

If Gosling was fit I would agree, it's not worth risking him with a start unless we go 4-5-1 with him for 20 or so minutes then go 4-4-2.

Given the lack of options in midfield I'd start with Ameobi and Best up front. They'll put themselves about in their own way and would need to be watched.

Let's have a fucking go at them and see what happens. Pump the balls in to them and pick up the scraps.

I'd rather have cancer as aids. ;)

Guthrie made one mistake which lead to a goal and he clearly kicked the ground which could happen to any player at any time.

Made a similar mistake in the cup game vs Arsenal. He's got a heart the size of a pea.

Guest neesy111

Guthrie made one mistake which lead to a goal and he clearly kicked the ground which could happen to any player at any time.

Made a similar mistake in the cup game vs Arsenal. He's got a heart the size of a pea.

It's not about mistakes with him, just what an awful footballer he looks at this level.  That bolton game, oh my.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's not about mistakes with him, just what an awful footballer he looks at this level.  That bolton game, oh my.

Guthrie's just shit basically.

Go 441 & don't play Guthrie  :thup:

I'd rather have Guthrie than Smith.

I got that when I saw your XI. I would rather play a different formation than either of them starting or as I say go 441.

I really think we should play 11 players from the start. 441 is what 451 ends up being when Smith is in the side.

I reckon Gallowgatekev mate who is going to be playing for NOFC is better than Smith & Guthrie, I mean look kev is using capitals to spell VERY before good must be some player

reet ive got a VERY good CM to cone up in my car and play, he must start!!!

Guest neesy111

Guthrie's just shit basically.

Yeah, nice to know people have came round to the idea.  I got bollocked for saying it earlier in the season.

Guest neesy111

I reckon Gallowgatekev mate who is going to be playing for NOFC is better than Smith & Guthrie, I mean look kev is using capitals to spell VERY before good must be some player

reet ive got a VERY good CM to cone up in my car and play, he must start!!!

Kev is a very good midfielder actually was very impressed with him v West Brom supporters team.

Guthrie isn't up to derby, he has absolutely no fight him at all. He also has no stamina. I would honestly go with Smith instead and I think he is atrocious.

Best and that Nigerian international for me.

Lads, Pardew is going to start him, its nailed on. Theres no point in even hoping to see a starting 11 without him.

People are idiot when they are argue about it...... I am not a fan of Smith but I don't think we can have any other choice.... he is our second defensive midfielder and that won't change until we sell him and get another person. It was stupid decision to play Tiote last week but thats that. We can't play Gosling as he was very tired against Hibs in 70 minutes. The energy of Sunday game will make him tired in 30 minuets. I don't fancy Rout and Loven as well as they are light wighted. i hope Smith will perform his best performance and that would be an adequate thing for us. This club needs 2 more of Tiotes until we become a good away side.

People are idiots for not wanting Smith to play when there are options?

You really should be locked up before you become Robin Williams in One Hour Photo.

The stats don't back up Smith being better than Guthrie.  Smith played against Villa when we beat them 6-0 and he did less in that game than Guthrie did in what is probably his worst game, against Bolton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347372/Newcastle-striker-light-Alan-Pardew-targets-win-derby-Sunderland.html

As Pardew took his players through their penultimate training session, Carroll’s obvious replacement Shola Ameobi turned his ankle again, and was withdrawn immediately from the practice starting line-up.

Ameobi made way for Peter Lovenkrands but returned gingerly on the opposite side before the end of the session.

He will be put through his paces again today before Pardew decides if he can partner Leon Best.

FUCK