Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

What's the likely mackem line up?

i'll give it a go.

gordon

onouha  ferdinand  bramble  bardsley

elmohamady    henderson  richardson  zenden

bent  gyan

richardson left back,bardsley to the right,onouha in the middle if clattermole fit.

weak in the middle of the park, shame we'll be too otherwise I'd fancy us. If Cattermole does play Barton could have a field day against Richardson but on the same premise they'd be a lot more dangerous down the left.

Their forwards are the only ones that concern me. Bent and Gyan will take some looking after.

don't link up well but take their chances better than ours generally. we have to stop the supply as we did up here.

Pretty galling to think that even when we know they're light in the middle of the park Pardew is STILL seriously considering playing Smith in there. Can't for the life of me understand why he can't just move Barton inside one and put a pacey (if a little limited) winger on the right.

Hoping Pardew gets it right but if Smith plays then we're up against it.

My best mate's long term gf is a mackem, he's a black and whiter though. The rules are neither winner can speak about the game, the only discussion thats allowed is if its a draw. :lol:

She's got him well under the thumb like.

Good luck to anyone going undercover in their end tomorrow.

I got offered a ticket. Turned it flat down, not worth the effort/risk.

i was going to, have a few times when my dad has asked me to go with him. However i am now working tomorrow and just gave my ticket away for nowt.

Hopefully there's a good set of boys going down there tomorrow and not some of the lily livered cowards on here tonight. Howay!

Guest Geordiesned

metros going to be full

theres a football special train going....but scarily it isn't coming baclk. :mystery:

Newcastle fans attending this weekend's Wear-Tyne derby are advised to use special transport facilities to travel to the Stadium of Light.

An extra Northern Rail service and Metro are being provided specifically for supporters.

They will go from Newcastle’s Central Station direct to St Peter’s in Sunderland.

This will ensure fans arrive safely in plenty of time for the 12pm kick-off as well as help minimise disruption to other travellers.

Supporters are also being advised of disruption to the Metro service.

Richard McClean, Managing Director, DB Regio Tyne and Wear Ltd, operator of the Tyne and Wear Metro on behalf of Nexus said:

“While extra services will be operated to help get fans to and from the match, Metro services will be suspended all day this Sunday between South Gosforth and North Shields for essential engineering work.

“A replacement bus service, the number 900, will be in operation throughout the day and will call at or near all Metro stations on the affected route. All Metro passes and purchased tickets will be valid on the bus replacement service. 

“We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this vital maintenance work to Metro on football ‘derby day’.

“We would advise those travelling to the game by Metro to plan their journey accordingly.

“If possible, supporters should use the special Metro services that have been provided especially for the derby match.”

Chief Superintendent Rachel Kearton, Sunderland Area Command, said: “We’d recommend that football fans use the special trains laid on for them.

“This will ensure they get to Sunderland safely and in good time for the match.

There will be a police presence in and around Central Station and at Metro stations.

“Officers will be on hand to assist and we would ask all fans to co-operate.”

The Sheepfolds estate will be closed to vehicles on match day and some restrictions will be in place for pedestrians. Fans should allow plenty of time for their journey.

Police would also ask that fans do not congregate around the South Stand after the match to prevent any congestion.

· A Northern Rail service will depart Central Station at 10.50am and travel non-stop to St Peter’s

· Metro will leave Central Station at 11.09am and travel non-stop to St Peter’s.

· Returning, two special Metros will leave St Peter’s at 2.38pm and 2.53pm and will not stop before Pelaw.

· One Metro that travels through St Peter's between the two special services at 2.38pm and 2.53pm will not stop. All other trains are scheduled to stop at St Peter’s as normal.

Guest VegasToon

If Smith scores the winning goal, I won't post on here until he scores his next goal

I'll drink Messi's piss for him.

Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name,

The goals will come,

The game will be won,

In Sunderland as it was in Newcastle.

Give us today our victory.

Forgive us our celebrations

as we forgive those who wish to celebrate against us.

Save us from the unwashed

and deliver us from their jealousy.

For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are ours

now and for ever.

Ameobi