FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No need to add any text as theres a Tiote thread already on the go. Just a vote will suffice unless you must ...

Tiote claim rejected

Tuesday, 11 January, 2011

Newcastle midfielder's three match suspension remains.

At a Regulatory Commission hearing today, a claim for wrongful dismissal from Newcastle United midfielder Cheik Tiote was rejected.

As a result, Tiote’s three match suspension will remain in place.

Tiote was shown a red card during Newcastle’s FA Cup Third Round tie against Stevenage on Saturday 8 January.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/TioteSteve

Guest sicko2ndbest

The tackle is NOT dangerous and it is NOT reckless

It is certainly not serious foul play

People need to get over feeling sorry for themselves and get rid of that defeatist attitude and see the tackle for what it is. A great ball winning challenge

Most of the people on here are saying it is a red to get at Pardew for putting him on in the first place

I agree it wasnt a great decision in hindsight but he obviously wanted to win the game so i dont blame him

I am 95% sure that will get overturned

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

People need to get over feeling sorry for themselves and get rid of that defeatist attitude and see the tackle for what it is. A great ball winning challenge

Most of the people on here are saying it is a red to get at Pardew for putting him on in the first place

I agree it wasnt a great decision in hindsight but he obviously wanted to win the game so i dont blame him

How much you wanna bet?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Left the ground, studs showing, i can't believe we're even talking about it. In modern football it's a red card.

The players were almost coming into the tackle from the same direction how the holy fuck is that dangerous

Guest sicko2ndbest

How much you wanna bet?

Look we are never goimg to see each other so the question is irrelevant

People need to get their heads out of their arses

Guest sicko2ndbest

No way on earth will it be overturned. Dangerous and jumped in. The ref saw it close up and even consulted with the linesman.

Sometimes it doesn't matter if you win the ball.

If there are 2 players coming from oppsite directions an one of the players jumps in high wins the ball but leaves the ground in the process it is still a red

These players were coming from a similar direction and Tiote got to the ball first