The Cost of Carroll?

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's already a poll in the AC thread but I'd be interested to know, what with the constant speculation, what you would consider a fair price, if any, for the big lad.

Also, it'll be interesting to re-visit this as the season (and he) progresses to see if attitudes change.

For the purposes of the poll you can consider the + player(s) element to mean a player, or players, who would add depth to the squad but not necessarily be star names/world beaters (examples being Keane, Larsson, Bentley, SWP etc etc). They would likely get in the first team, not let anybody down but we would be unlikely to ship them on at a profit.

Me - I'd hate to see him leave but £30m is a load of money and I think if he's 'found out' next season which results in lesser performances/interest we may look back and wish we'd taken the big money whilst there was interest (Dyer being an example of this - significant interest from Man Utd when playing well, he then went on to enjoy a career of injuries and mediocrity in the main).

You're asking for trouble by even creating this thread, you'd need more than a full body armor  :lol:

I went for 30M by the way, provided all the money is reinvested in the squad. Many on the forum overestimate his ability just because he is a local lad. His heading is potentially world class but he needs to work on all other areas including dribbling, ball control and shooting. With age on his side, he could of course turn out to be an international superstar like Shearer but right now it's too early to tell and turning down 30M would be foolish 

Not at any price. I don't care how deluded that sounds, I'm a football fan and a Newcastle fan and money in the coffers ultimately means f*** all to me.

CLOSE THREAD

I don't see why the thread should be closed when plenty people, judging by the poll, have a different view.

You really cannot put a price on him, to find a suitable replacement and how hood he can get a £40m offer would be unlikely to be accepted, for me.

Nobody is daft enough to offer anything near £40M for Carroll man.

Guest guinness_fiend

Anything less than all the money in the world£40m and I wouldn't need to think for a second. For us, H he's virtually priceless.