The Cost of Carroll?

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cost  =/=   Value.

His value to us is immeasurable.  :snod:

Sums it up for me.

Money is nothing right now. If Ashley was prepared to reinvest the money, we wouldn't find anywhere near as good a replacement in the next 2 weeks. Even if we had more time than that, we still couldn't. I couldn't see a player of AC's current and potential ability touch us. He needs to stay for us to first of all consolidate our league status and then progress.

Guest toonlass

He's like worth Eleventybillion pounds. :pow:

:iamatwat:

Priceless for me. We don't have the strength in depth currently striker wise to let him go, and I couldn't see Ashley spending much of what he took in for Carroll to replace him. There is no amount of money in the world that Spurs or any other club could offer that would make me consider selling Carroll in this or the next window.

Guest rabit71

how much would we get for a prime fully developed carroll if he fulfills his potential? i'd sell for that much, if the money was reinvested into the team (which under fma it probably wont be so is a moot point)

anyone else worried he isnt injured and ashley just wants to see how we can cope without him?

Not for sale.

But again, looking at how Ashley runs the club, we may see him being sold at 20mil quid....

Well, I'm kind of split on this the more I think about it. 

1) Ashley's not really "asset stripped" or attempted to sell everyone off at cut rate prices, as many feared he would.  Given is the only player I can think of who went for well below anyones estimated value, and even then there were extenuating circumstances, so I'm not ready to level the "asset stripper" label at Ashley.

2) Ashley's not really been in possession of an asset like Carroll yet - one which could easily fetch £15m+ - so his resolve hasn't been tested.  Is he interested in keeping our best players to help push the club forward?  If he did sell would he reinvest?  If it's the latter I don't think he'd let him go for peanuts.

As for pocketing the cash - I think Ashley's not planning on recouping his investment from primarily player sales;  it seems to me he's trying to drive down the running costs via the wage cap so that merch+tv+gates cover it and he'll pocket whatever's left over, with player sales and whatever he wants to put back in funding the transfer kitty.  I also think, without evidence I must admit, that he still wants out but has learned to keep from saying things like that in public. 

let's be honest with ashley in charge it's a matter of when, not if for carroll

good thing from our point of view is that citeh just bought dzeko and berbatov is performing for manyoo so really that leaves chelski and spurs - hopefully meaning it's a good season or two before bids become a reality, from chelski at least

redknapp is a total cunt like, so it may be sooner rather than later - if they have 30m to spunk on carroll i don't think ashley will hold out myself

Guest johnson293

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6667238,00.html

Redknapp Rules out Carroll

Spurs boss has no plans to bid for Magpies striker

Last updated: 17th January 2011   

Harry Redknapp has moved to distance Tottenham from reports linking them with a move for Andy Carroll.

The Newcastle striker continues to see his future called into question at regular intervals, with Spurs rumoured to be leading the hunt for his signature.

It is claimed that a £30million bid is in the pipeline, with Tottenham prepared to test the resolve of their Premier League rivals in the coming weeks.

Redknapp, though, insists there are no such plans in place, with Spurs unwilling to break the bank during the January transfer window.

He admits to being an admirer of Carroll, who has stepped up into the senior England fold this term, but has played down any talk of an imminent approach being made.

"He's a good player, he's a handful, you'd like to have him in your team," Redknapp said.

"But we are nowhere near getting Andy Carroll. How much is he? You are talking £30million to 40million."

:rolleyes:

That prick Darren Lewis was on talksport this morning going on about how why wouldn't we sell Carroll for 30m if we were offered it as if it logical. Why don't you atleast do a little research and consider the fact of how much it would cost to replace him and find a goal scorer of his calibre, how much of an effect it might have on season ticket sales for next season if you sell your marquee local lad of a player and how much it would cost the club if we sold him and went down.

The money wouldnt be re-invested though.  It would be pissed up the wall in Aspers by our fat cunt owner.

Can't sell a 21 year old international and for him not to be replaced, which unfortunately would be the case.

Anyhow, why the fuck hasn't anyone had a word with Redknapp and told him to stop doing this with players.  Oh I know...the FA lick his arse.

Well the truth is that most of the money would go to servicing our general running costs and debts, and possibly a small amount would be used on players.

Whether or not that's acceptable I don't know, I'm just sticking to the line that he's not for sale at any price. We shouldn't even be listening to offers, it might get too tempting!

The money wouldnt be re-invested though.  It would be pissed up the wall in Aspers by our fat c*** owner.

Can't sell a 21 year old international and for him not to be replaced, which unfortunately would be the case.

Anyhow, why the f*** hasn't anyone had a word with Redknapp and told him to stop doing this with players.  Oh I know...the FA lick his arse.

This the main problem if it were reinvested then fair enough, but it won't be, so don't sell particularly in january.

We should not give the sale of AC A minutes thought,

When will the next local lad whois fit to wear the number 9 come along,

Probably not in my life time, It would be like selling your son or daughter.

I look forward to watching AC for many years to come.

I briefly had Talksport on this morning for the headlines (ie one of the few bits where they're not blatantly wumming) and they said 'Talksport can exclusively reveal that Andy Carroll is not for sale.'.

Er...

"It's been going on and on, it's ridiculous, we've said he's not for sale," Pardew told Sky Sports.

"He's not for sale, how many times does it have to be said? They can put together whatever they like. He is not for sale.

"I am going to say it one last time, he is not for sale," he reiterated.

Exclusive. :lol:

Just seen  :harry: on SSN saying we are asking 30-40 millio and they are nowhere near that.

If any of this istrue- at least Ashley is looking at Carols worth to us when valueing him, cos at 20 mil imo- your just giving him away.

Just seen  :harry: on SSN saying we are asking 30-40 millio and they are nowhere near that.

If any of this istrue- at least Ashley is looking at Carols worth to us when valueing him, cos at 20 mil imo- your just giving him away.

Spurs cannot offer 30m unless they can secure Champ League place.  That's too much for a gamble.