The Cost of Carroll?

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Loven11

From facebook ( Man u fan asking the question )

Serious question, how much would u value Andy Carroll at??

Some of the replies :

‎6 mil tops

Just seen redknapp talking about 30-40 million. I wasn't sure if he taking the p or what.

I reckon 8 mill tops, maybe a few add on based on performance, I'd have a clause as well saying "cut your fucking hair you puff"

From facebook ( Man u fan asking the question )

Serious question, how much would u value Andy Carroll at??

Some of the replies :

‎6 mil tops

Just seen redknapp talking about 30-40 million. I wasn't sure if he taking the p or what.

I reckon 8 mill tops, maybe a few add on based on performance, I'd have a clause as well saying "cut your fucking hair you puff"

i can see it from their point of view, to them hes just a guy whos had a brilliant 1st half of season in the prem but nothing more as of yet other than good year in championship so why pay a huge fee for him

however from our point of view hes the key man and brings our entire team together brilliantly so we value him very highly 

£18m for Bent might put things into perspective regarding Carroll. I know they have Gyan and Welbeck (only on loan), but they rely on him a LOT. Just like we do with Andy.

Bent is five (?) years older, never been a regular England player (something Carroll will be), handed in a transfer request and has three years shorter left on his contract.

Guest guinness_fiend

If he was at club with a better pool of talent, and and actual selection of half decent strikers howerver, he'd probably go for less than 20 million

He's 22 and the best striker in the league, less than £30m would be nowt short of a sick joke.

Best striker in the league? f***ing hell... He isn't even the most "in form" striker in the league man.

Who is? And don't give me any rubbish about Tevez or Berbatov.

WUMtastic! :lol:

Please, Ronaldo, never stop posting.  You have just given an office full of stuffy lawyers something to smile about.  God bless your soul.

Guest neesy111

If he was at club with a better pool of talent, and and actual selection of half decent strikers howerver, he'd probably go for less than 20 million

He's 22 and the best striker in the league, less than £30m would be nowt short of a sick joke.

Best striker in the league? f***ing hell... He isn't even the most "in form" striker in the league man.

Please, Ronaldo, never stop posting.  You have just given an office full of stuffy lawyers something to smile about.  God bless your soul.

He is the best striker in the premiership.  Tevez and Berbatov are scoring in sides that create 10-15 chances a game, while Carroll is doing it in an average.

Guest guinness_fiend

Carroll is pretty much the lone striker here, of course he's going to get loads of chances.  Take away dead ball situations and corners and he's largely rendered impotent (he needs a better partner to play off in order to be truly effective).

Tevez carries his team every week, scores pretty much every game, is one of the hardest workers in the league and is capable of making chances for himself out of absolutely nothing.  No-one comes close to him at the moment.  And are you seriously saying that Carroll is a better striker than Anelka?  Drogba?  Torres (when on form)?  Good grief.  

He's certainly a great prospect, but he's not the best striker in the league by a long shot.  At the moment, he's not half the player that Tevez is (be it West Ham, Manchester United or Manchester City Tevez).

Andy Carroll has had the most shots in the league, he's hardly been short of chances.

I realy hope this thread evades the eyes of the Mackems like, they'll have a field day.

Safe to say they've got their own concerns at the minute ;)

Carroll is pretty much the lone striker here, of course he's going to get loads of chances.  Take away dead ball situations and corners and he's largely rendered impotent (he needs a better partner to play off in order to be truly effective).

Tevez carries his team every week, scores pretty much every game, is one of the hardest workers in the league and is capable of making chances for himself out of absolutely nothing.  No-one comes close to him at the moment.  And are you seriously saying that Carroll is a better striker than Anelka?  Drogba?  Torres (when on form)?  Good grief. 

He's certainly a great prospect, but he's not the best striker in the league by a long shot.  At the moment, he's not half the player that Tevez is (be it West Ham, Manchester United or Manchester City Tevez).

After Tevez, Carroll has been the best striker in the league this season.

Guest Tall Striker

Selling Carroll would cause uproar not only in the fans but in the team. Everyone at the club knows just how important he is.

Barmy that it's just 9 months since people wanted him to be sacked for the Taylor incident!

Selling Carroll would cause uproar not only in the fans but in the team. Everyone at the club knows just how important he is.

Barmy that it's just 9 months since people wanted him to be sacked for the Taylor incident!

didnt people want taylor away, and not carroll, if they had to chose?

£18m for Bent might put things into perspective regarding Carroll. I know they have Gyan and Welbeck (only on loan), but they rely on him a LOT. Just like we do with Andy.

Bent is five (?) years older, never been a regular England player (something Carroll will be), handed in a transfer request and has three years shorter left on his contract.

Since 2005 Drogba and Rooney have only scored one more league goal than Bent apparently. For a team after a proven premiership striker it's a good buy. Carroll would be much more of a gamble at the prices people valueing him at.

didnt people want taylor away, and not carroll, if they had to chose?

Yeah pretty much.

Valueing Carroll became that much harder with Bent's supposed 24M transfer. How do you rationalize Dzeko for 27M and Bent for 24M? I'd say the latter is more due to Villa's desperation to avoid relegation and they are paying way over the odds for Bent. Back to Carroll, 25M-30M still seems about right, but if some desperado like Villa comes along, then jack it up to 35-40M. Before I get a torrent of abuse, I'm not suggesting that he should be sold, this is just my valuation of his value in current market condition

He is the best striker in the premiership.  Tevez and Berbatov are scoring in sides that create 10-15 chances a game, while Carroll is doing it in an average.

Quite right. It's easy for the armchair pundits to ignore talent that's just arrived, clearly. He's not flashy, he's not foreign and he doesn't play for one of the media darlings, but there's not striker who'd been as consistently good this season. 11 league goals, man. He's fucking phenomenal.

Please, Ronaldo, never stop posting.  You have just given an office full of stuffy lawyers something to smile about.  God bless your soul.

He is the best striker in the premiership.  Tevez and Berbatov are scoring in sides that create 10-15 chances a game, while Carroll is doing it in an average.

Quite right. It's easy for the armchair pundits to ignore talent that's just arrived, clearly. He's not flashy, he's not foreign and he doesn't play for one of the media darlings, but there's not striker who'd been as consistently good this season. 11 league goals, man. He's f***ing phenomenal.

Get a hold of yourself, nothing to do with nationality of being flashy. In fact if anything it's because he is a local lad and fans indentify with him that he is being overvalued. Price for English players tend to be inflated compared to their foreign counterparts not the other way around. Yes 11 goals is impressive but does not tell the whole story. Compared to establish strikers like Drogba, Torres, Tevez, Rooney (when on form), Berbatov (this season), Carroll is very one dimensional. Most of his goals are from headers from corners and set pieces, a couple of close range goal mouth scramble. His main attribute is physicality, brute strength and heading, but aside from his goal against Villa and 'long ranger' against Liverpool, he has yet demonstrated that he has techniques of dribbling, ball control and shooting (which are basic attributes of a complete striker) of those strikers mentioned above.

What he has on his side is age and all of us hope that in due time he will improve on those attributes and be a more complete striker, but funny thing about potential...it can go both ways and nobody knows how things are gonna turn out. To compare his ability with the likes of Tevez who have scored goals and created many more, season after season in 3-4 different teams and played at the highest international level is quite frankly a joke and can only come from someone who has black and white blinkers on, just as bad if not worse than those Mackems who think that Bent is better than Carroll.