Everton fan not stabbed

Ishmael

Internet (twitter etc.) seems to be exploding with the rumour that an Everton fan was stabbed outside of Anfield after the game today.

Watch this space for something concrete...

Michael Shields?

quick! make a thread!!

why not?

the internet is exploding and we have to watch that space for something concrete? just sounds a bit daft mate.

op is a bit sensationalist, reads like the sun website

hyperbole and metaphor aside, does this warrant a thread?

Sample of the tweets flying around

mickeyscouse I have heard there was fighting before during & after todays Merseyside derby, reports say an Everton fan was stabbed & has died #YNWA

KateEdwards0 brilliant. everton fan was killed by a liverpool fan in a pub and now everyone hates liverpool supporters

a_sufi Nothing Confirmed but a lot of rumours 2 Everton fans were stabbed today outside the king harry pub anfield road 1 dead 1..

Image_normal keejayOV RT @AmyMcFlyCescAFC: R.I.P to the everton fan who lost their life in disgraceful circumstances.

Sample of the tweets flying around

KateEdwards0 brilliant. everton fan was killed by a liverpool fan in a pub and now everyone hates liverpool supporters

We've hated you for years love.

Until the circumstances are known (if this even happened at all) then it's wrong for people to speculate IMO. Especially mentioning tragedies like Heysel and Hillsborough where plenty of innocent football fans died.

As mentioned by others, there's nothing at all official regarding this, so I'm going to lock it for now.

Total bollocks, as expected.

itv_news ITV News

Despite internet rumours to the contrary, no one was stabbed after the Merseyside derby this evening, according to Merseyside Police.

13 minutes ago