John Carver

Guest neesy111

Now is probably a good time to revisit the story behind his appointment.

Pardew offered the job to several people who all turned him down. Carver was then appointed on the back of a campaign by the fans and the Chronicle.

He will surely leave when Pardew goes.

Not so sure, the club made a statement about keeping the back room staff in place and only ever replacing managers, in one of their end of year statement bollocks things.

• 3 months later...

Desperately hope the next permanent manager gives these the boot and brings in new people.

I'm not too bothered about Stone, Carver is a different story. He had plenty to say when Hughton was sacked and soon shut up and changed his story when he was offered the job.

Guest neesy111

Aye ive done a u-turn on Carver. What game was it, where he was mouthing off to the fans?

Utter cretin. How Bobby put up with him is beyond me.

Southampton away, feel sorry for those who he was mouthing off to tbh.

Aye ive done a u-turn on Carver. What game was it, where he was mouthing off to the fans?

Southampton. Fans who had made a near 700 mile round trip had the nerve to complain about the s*** they'd been watching previous to us getting humped 4-0. The first thing the new manager should be doing is getting rid of Charver and bringing in his own team. Ashley probably won't let him though as it increases costs.

local boy that loves the club, idolized bobby no doubt but also worked as the bad cop to bobbies arm round the shoulder approach. Expect it worked just fine. Problem is he is a detestable piece of work.. from people I knew that came across him he was arrogant and abrasive even back then. Grown in ego ever since.