John Carver

Guest neesy111

Moreso, why did anyone think that his presence would be a good idea?

According to that article he goes in every game. On an unrelated topic since the turn of the year:

'Peter Beardsley's side meanwhile remain desperately out of form, without a competitive victory in ten outings and having seen their hopes of promotion steadily recede.'

At least we're being institutionally shitconsistent in giving up at New Year.

Moreso, why did anyone think that his presence would be a good idea?

According to that article he goes in every game. On an unrelated topic since the turn of the year:

'Peter Beardsley's side meanwhile remain desperately out of form, without a competitive victory in ten outings and having seen their hopes of promotion steadily recede.'

And people say we don't adopt a coherent culture across all levels of the club.

Nothing makes me sadder than Beardsley being the company shill.  :(

Aye it's grim. Although everything I've ever heard about his coaching etc suggests he's a massive nob.

And I've seen people suggesting that he should have been the one to take over after Pardew.

Guest firetotheworks

Dreadful coach imo, can't see what Stone brings to the table neither.

The knife and fork that Carver forgot for his daily sausage beans and chips probably.

In light of the fact that Carver regularly communes with the spirits of the dead, perhaps it should read:

John Carver felt presence in Newcastle reserve game

Ehehehehehehehe.

Steve Presence, the U16s goalie.  Poor John's in nick now.

Guest chopey

Dreadful coach imo, can't see what Stone brings to the table neither.

The knife and fork that Carver forgot for his daily sausage beans and chips probably.

Ha Ha, with a few slices of buttered white bread and a can of Tizer. Wenger and Mourinho can do one with their À la carte menus.

As a Newcastle fan I can see why Carver wants the job, because he's deluded. But why in the fuck would Ryder want him managing the team he supports? It really is just because he's thick as mince isn't it?

Ryder is a journalist and Carver will give him quotes any time he rings him up

To be honest, I am somewhat sympathetic towards Carver. I genuinely believe he loves the club, but he has the same faults as most other men. He is ambitious, self-interested, and remarkably unremarkable. He is also woefully incompetent and deep inside himself I think he knows this. Everyone at the club knows it too. I believe the people above him at the club will essentially use him as a sacrificial lamb for their own inadequacies and lack of interest in this season for anything other than simply surviving at the least cost.

To be honest, I am somewhat sympathetic towards Carver. I genuinely believe he loves the club, but he has the same faults as most other men. He is ambitious, self-interested, and remarkably unremarkable. He is also woefully incompetent and deep inside himself I think he knows this. Everyone at the club knows it too. I believe the people above him at the club will essentially use him as a sacrificial lamb for their own inadequacies and lack of interest in this season for anything other than simply surviving at the least cost.

appointing him could end up being another masterstroke in backwards kind of way by ashley...temporarily appointing carver has been like another test of the water, if the geordie nation thing held enough sway and people didn't care he could stick with the cheap option through the summer

as it is carver has been fucking awful, as we knew he would be, and the emergence of the ashleyout campaign and spurs boycott will make them sit up and realise people are pissed off, but alls he'll have to do now will be appoint a semi-competent manager in carvers place and sign a few cheap players to balance the cull he's allowed to happen and that'll be the sheep pacified for another season or so, which is ultimately all he wants to keep the cash rolling in

If you really love the club and are a qualified coach having spent over all about 10 years at the club as an assistant and you go on a run like he has with no signs of ability to change it then you know your not good enough. If you don't have the respect to walk away for the benefit of the club that you love then you deserve no sympathy. This isn't a case of Pardew who was too far up his own ass to realise that he's shit. If we go back through the years then it gets worse for Carver, just earlier in the season he offered to fight some of our own fans, he had countless bust ups with players down the years. The guy has no respect, as much as he says he's one of us and he's hurting as much as any of us the truth is he's not. His pride for the club has never stopped him from having a go at players ahead of crucial games, never stopped him from doing something stupid as to offer to fight fans on the training ground on a Monday morning.

Every action Carver has taken has been to the benefit to Carver, not NUFC. The only reason he won't step down now is that he knows he'll likely to get binned at the end of the season, possibly from the club for good and he's staying in his position for a few weeks/months as he can to keep what money he can rolling in, this is despite the club being on the brink of entering a relegation battle. He knows he's shit, and knows he won't get another job, even Pardew wasn't stupid enough to take him to Palace. He's milking the club of every bit of wage that he can get.

In my mind the fact that Carver says that he loves the club yet his actions show something else opens him to more scrutiny than others at the club like Charnley and Ashley who have never declared any sort of loyalty or love for the club.

Guest ElCid

He is not even a Newcastle fan he is a Wolves supporter - just a total liar all round. I would have love for anyone also if I had conned 10 years earnings from them.

I don't 'hate' Carver, I just think he's awful and I'm offended by the fact people like him and Steve Stone make up our coaching staff. None of that is really his fault personally. Even if he resigned we would probably appoint someone equally farcical.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-insists-no-shackles-9005643

John Carver has urged his Newcastle United team to express themselves when they travel to Liverpool on Monday night.

The Geordie head coach was left baffled that his players didn’t take the game to Sunderland despite being given every encouragement to do so.

But United did not perform and the familiar chant of “attack, attack, attack” rang out at the Stadium of Light as frustration kicked in, with just one shot on target.

Now Carver heads to the scene of some famous battles between Newcastle and the Reds at Anfield.

He said: “I don’t put shackles on these players – I want them to express themselves.

“I was around with the Entertainers side and I was around with Sir Bobby’s team. That was two sides that played on the front foot.

“So I don’t want to see us get into the final third then end up with the ball back at our goalkeeper. I want us to be progressive.

“I’ve never stopped them being progressive but at Sunderland we weren’t.”

With seven games left Newcastle still have 21 points to play for.

Apathy has set in for large numbers of fans but there will still be 2,000 supporters travelling to Anfield on Monday night.

In response to Newcastle’s season being “dead”, Carver told BBC: “I’m actually getting fed up of that question because it’s easy to say.

“I’ve got a job to do.

“You try telling our thousands of supporters the season is dead.

“We can’t do that.

“The guys in the dressing room have to do something about this.

“We have 35 points and that might not be enough.

“There’s seven games to go – we need to win some games.”

But it doesn't just happen.  They need to be coached and have a gameplan.  They need to practise their movement and off the ball play in training.  They need to be coached in their roles and responsibilities during the various phases of play.  KK and Sir Bobby didn't just go 'Ah, well, you're a cracking bunch of lads, go score some goals, eh?', they trained the team, drilled them and coached them.  They had a fucking plan.

Saying 'I'm letting them express themselves' is just a nice way of saying 'I haven't got a fucking clue so i'm just picking the team and hoping they come up with something themselves'.